HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jan 23, 2007, 5:56 PM
Home of Hyperchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntotheWest View Post
Ahh...that might explain why there were so many young kids the last few years wearing Che T-shirts. Yes, Che did a world of good for Cuba - look at them now.

What does Italy have to do with Che...refresh my memory??
This is more a side-effect of the usual anti-authority/rebellious attitude of most teens. Otherwise phrased as "F the man!" In the 80s it was the Anarchist symbol. (Most teens really don't understand that their iPods - or hell, their t-shirts - wouldn't exist in an Anarchist society, but who are we to judge...)

The irony of course, is that Che helped usher in one of the most authoritarian regimes in human history. But this is why we try not to let teenagers run our political systems.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2007, 12:23 AM
Sawmill Billowtoker

Kante > Marx

Kante's Law (the social-level rule of thumb seen in Scandinavia) with a greased economic wheel is probably the way to go for a successful left government. A company can run, but it's not about the CEO of the company or the worker of the company, it's the product that matters.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2007, 12:34 AM
Capitalist

.... maybe I entered the wrong thread....

.. has anyone seen the one about making Manitoba a have province....

This simplistic post adolesent ideology thread is sooooooooo interesting, but I have to go watch paint dry and read about prehistoric mold.

..... life is so unfair ....kids.

I must have missed this phase.. because when I graduated highschool I was running my first little biz and buying my first stocks.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2007, 4:56 AM
Home of Hyperchange

Quote:
Originally Posted by newflyer View Post
.... maybe I entered the wrong thread....

.. has anyone seen the one about making Manitoba a have province....

This simplistic post adolesent ideology thread is sooooooooo interesting, but I have to go watch paint dry and read about prehistoric mold.

..... life is so unfair ....kids.

I must have missed this phase.. because when I graduated highschool I was running my first little biz and buying my first stocks.
Interestingly enough, Manitoba remains a "have not" province because its leaders keep recycling those same adolescent ideologies...

There, now THAT is flamebait. You and your free-market blatherings just aren't enough to keep a thread going anymore.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2007, 5:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeweed View Post
Unfortunately, mentioning her name in most discussions, online or otherwise, is a great way to make people think you're a kook.
Freeweed, I am a kook.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2007, 5:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeweed View Post
This is more a side-effect of the usual anti-authority/rebellious attitude of most teens. Otherwise phrased as "F the man!" In the 80s it was the Anarchist symbol. (Most teens really don't understand that their iPods - or hell, their t-shirts - wouldn't exist in an Anarchist society, but who are we to judge...)

The irony of course, is that Che helped usher in one of the most authoritarian regimes in human history. But this is why we try not to let teenagers run our political systems.
Yeah, I kinda figured that out...strange how teens see the glory in what Che represented, and not the affects. But, that's what being a teen is about.

Too bad Che wasn't around now, he might be able to help Manitoba too.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2007, 6:09 AM

!

Last edited by psych1; Jan 25, 2007 at 6:16 AM. Reason: Why bother

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan