HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Aug 23, 2014, 5:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiSpartan View Post
Just spent a week in Dallas last week....for biz and pleasure...
SO impressed with what has happened to that city in the 24 years since I moved away in 1990....!
Spent a few days at friends' home in Preston Hollow, and those neighbors aren't really happy about that development....IMO, it isn't much different from the buildings across NW Hwy....
Are you talking about the development at NW Highway and Preston? If so that one is weird to me. Not only is Preston Center right across NW Highway, but there is lots of dense, fairly tall development on the north side of NW Highway.

Old Posted Aug 23, 2014, 3:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlhorn View Post
Are you talking about the development at NW Highway and Preston? If so that one is weird to me. Not only is Preston Center right across NW Highway, but there is lots of dense, fairly tall development on the north side of NW Highway.
Exactly. Certain people just like something to complain about, especially a certain demographic in particular. The new development would be a much better development compared to what's currently there. I just don't get it. SMH

Old Posted Aug 23, 2014, 4:16 PM

I believe that it will increase surrounding property values if anything.

Here's an article on the development.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2014, 1:29 AM

New HOK leader helps win Hillwood's new Dallas high-rise project

http://m.bizjournals.com/dallas/news...llas-high.html

Quote:
"A future building has the potential to impact the Dallas skyline for generations to come," he added.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2014, 5:06 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
New HOK leader helps win Hillwood's new Dallas high-rise project

http://m.bizjournals.com/dallas/news...llas-high.html
Maybe the next tallest for Dallas and Texas. I say this project will be announced before the end of next year.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2014, 6:20 AM

I hope so.

A skyscraper of such potential height/scale seems almost odd in this spot though because aside from Fountain Place, there really aren't any towers...or much at all...nearby. It would seemingly be sitting out there alone, next to Fountain Place's new parking garage, the freeway, and the parking lots across the street.

I'm definitely still a fan of something dramatic being built here, but if it does, hopefully those parking lots across Field St would eventually become towers that could help create some sort of transition from the low/mid-rise buildings of the West End.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2014, 3:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eburress View Post
I hope so.

A skyscraper of such potential height/scale seems almost odd in this spot though because aside from Fountain Place, there really aren't any towers...or much at all...nearby. It would seemingly be sitting out there alone, next to Fountain Place's new parking garage, the freeway, and the parking lots across the street.

I'm definitely still a fan of something dramatic being built here, but if it does, hopefully those parking lots across Field St would eventually become towers that could help create some sort of transition from the low/mid-rise buildings of the West End.
Its a few blocks away, but its on the side of downtown with 3 of the 5 tallest in Dallas. The parking lots across the street are to become a south Asian museum. Fundraising to increase an already incredible collection are underway. Don't forget the mixed-use project across Ross from Fountain Place as well. I think this area will do just fine. Just need one of these planned developments to start the dominoes. There will be a lot of competition between Victory wanting to build and Cityplace shopping around a 43 story new tower. Not to mention the Perot's building their own new HQ on Turtle Creek. I would have thought they were holding out for this development for their new HQ. Guess not.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2014, 4:34 PM

Movie Theater and Bowling Alley for Wade Park

Quote:
iPic Theaters, a dine-in theater concept, and Pinstripes, a bowling bocce ball and bistro venue will headline the development’s entertainment.
http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/ne...eater-and.html

Old Posted Aug 27, 2014, 5:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owlhorn View Post
Its a few blocks away, but its on the side of downtown with 3 of the 5 tallest in Dallas. The parking lots across the street are to become a south Asian museum. Fundraising to increase an already incredible collection are underway. Don't forget the mixed-use project across Ross from Fountain Place as well. I think this area will do just fine. Just need one of these planned developments to start the dominoes. There will be a lot of competition between Victory wanting to build and Cityplace shopping around a 43 story new tower. Not to mention the Perot's building their own new HQ on Turtle Creek. I would have thought they were holding out for this development for their new HQ. Guess not.
Oh that's right, I had forgotten about the South Asian museum. Well that further reinforces what I'm saying. There would be no transition from the low/mid-rise buildings in the West End to this potentially very tall tower. I hope it looks good! haha

Old Posted Aug 28, 2014, 1:20 PM

3rd DFW Alamo Drafthouse Coming to Las Colinas

Quote:
Alamo Drafthouse is getting ready to open its third location in Dallas-Fort Worth.
The Austin-based dine-in theater will bring its latest DFW auditoriums to the new Music Factory in Las Colinas. The theater is slated to open in Spring 2016.
http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/ne...on-in-las.html

Old Posted Aug 28, 2014, 7:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eburress View Post
Oh that's right, I had forgotten about the South Asian museum. Well that further reinforces what I'm saying. There would be no transition from the low/mid-rise buildings in the West End to this potentially very tall tower. I hope it looks good! haha
That would just mean incredible views from the immediate blocks. But from pretty much any other angle besides from the west, it would blend in pretty well from skyline shots.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2014, 3:41 AM

322 unit project on Fort Worth's southside

http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/04...would-add.html

Old Posted Aug 31, 2014, 11:41 PM

Dallas apartment rents reach record high as leasing surges;
Dallas metro has largest number of multi-family units under construction in nation (tied with metro NYC)

Published in US Freedom Capital, July 6, 2014

With 28,475 apartments under construction mid-year 2014, metro Dallas leads Texas and is tied for number one in the nation (with metro NYC) in the number of multi-family units under construction.

Furthermore, metro Dallas' record high rents is really unprecedented for a period when a lot of new product is being delivered .... demand is so strong that occupancy is still trending upward despite a huge surge in new construction.

During the second quarter, net leasing of metro Dallas apartments outpaced new units opening by more than 2 to 1.

Apartment leasing in metro Dallas — which also leads the nation in employment gains — is running about a third higher than in other major cities including Houston, Washington, Los Angeles and Atlanta.

Only 5.5 percent of local apartments are empty — the lowest overall vacancy in 13 years.

With the latest rent and leasing numbers, North Texas’ already booming apartment construction market could gain even more speed.

Apartment construction in the D-FW area is now at the highest point in almost 30 years.

Metro Dallas is the main center of growth in Texas and the nation. Texas is blessed with two other metros that are also doing well (Austin-San Antonio and Houston) but the Dallas metro area is the king of the hill and clearly sets the pace for the State and Nation.

Full article: http://usfreedomcap.com/dallas-apart...easing-surges/

Old Posted Sep 2, 2014, 2:03 PM

23-story Senior Housing coming to Downtown Fort Worth

Quote:
Manhattan Construction Co. said it has been awarded the contract to build a 23-story senior housing tower in the Trinity Terrace development on the west side of downtown Fort Worth.
http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/20...rt-worth.html/

Old Posted Sep 2, 2014, 5:56 PM

So they're actually going through with that? Should be an interesting change in the neighborhood.

Too bad that pic doesn't show the other tower.

Old Posted Sep 2, 2014, 7:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxteth o'grady View Post
Too bad that pic doesn't show the other tower.
You can see all three towers in this rendering:

Old Posted Sep 2, 2014, 8:39 PM

Great to see Ft. Worth getting some new towers.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2014, 5:06 AM

Why is it that all these new buildings and condos they are building look exactly the same? The architecture is so cookie cutter.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2014, 4:47 PM

More Apartments for Knox-Henderson

This is Mill Creek Residential on Highway 75

6-stories, 208 units with Ground Floor retail and 2 levels of underground parking

http://www.hlrinc.net/avenue-h.html

Last edited by dch526; Sep 3, 2014 at 6:00 PM.

Old Posted Sep 3, 2014, 10:26 PM

50% Pre-sold for Lakeside Condo Tower

http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/20...-presold.html/

Quote:
The residential units range in price from $595,000 to $2.95 million for 1,300 square feet to over 5,700 square feet.

Construction is planned to begin next spring with completion in the second half of September 2016.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations