HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 3, 2018, 1:28 PM

After the gym last night, I walked 5th street to Peachtree up to 14th over to West Peachtree and back to Tech Square. It was a great walk and full of people on the sidewalks. 14th Street was kinda dead past Crescent all the way to 10th at West Peachtree, but I would pass a few people on every block until I was back at Peachtree Place where the crowd became much larger of course. That section should really become more active with the new buildings coming online. The city has really changed the last few years and so nice to see people out and about enjoying themselves.

The sidewalks around Hanover WPT are great and so much better. It’s like walking 14th or along the federal reserve area. We need to hurry and get the sidewalks from 13th to 10th along both WPT and Spring up to par. Some of those are probably only 2’ wide in places and treacherous if more than 1 person walking.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted May 3, 2018, 1:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Even though I knew where the project was located, it took me forever to find the crane (generally centered on the right half of the screen). Thanks for the share!

Also, went by Hanover West Peachtree and 1/4 of the sidewalk was open and looks FANTASTIC. They touched up the wood paneling so all of it is now the same color, a mix of the steel color and dark brown (wood) will go great with all the retail they're bringing to 10th street.
This is the most pathetic project development in this cycle. It has been blocking lanes since 2014! when is this piece of shit going to hurry up and finish??? There is no excuse for this delay and it sets an awful precedent for future projects.

Old Posted May 3, 2018, 2:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neighbor View Post
This is the most pathetic project development in this cycle. It has been blocking lanes since 2014! when is this piece of shit going to hurry up and finish??? There is no excuse for this delay and it sets an awful precedent for future projects.
They're giving away a lot of concessions to lure in renters....they went from offering 6 weeks to 8 weeks "free rent" in less than a month.

Old Posted May 3, 2018, 2:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neighbor View Post
No arguments from me regarding them consistently blocking lanes, blocking sidewalks (and not providing alternatives), and the long delivery for the project.

That said, i think once people are in Hanover WP and retail active, it's going to be a great addition to the area.

Old Posted May 3, 2018, 4:28 PM

While I agree that Hanover WPT has taken a very long time comparatively. It’s only had lanes closed for 2 years at the most. Ridiculous but it’s not been four years. The city does need to review regulations and tighten them as well as enforcement as density increases and sidewalks need to be open and usable. The Checkers didn’t close until March 2015 and construction didn’t truly start until the fall of 2015.

Another area this was a real pedestrian problem was Post Centennial Hill where you couldn’t even transverse the area from the park over toward the Civic Center/North Downtown area without literally walking through the 4 lane streets dodging cars at 50 MPH. It was like Frogger Reality TV.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted May 3, 2018, 5:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
No arguments from me regarding them consistently blocking lanes, blocking sidewalks (and not providing alternatives), and the long delivery for the project.

That said, i think once people are in Hanover WP and retail active, it's going to be a great addition to the area.
It took forever-- but architecturally its one of the best buildings of its type in the city. As for rent concessions, expect them to become increasingly common as more units come on line.

Old Posted May 3, 2018, 6:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verge View Post
It took forever-- but architecturally its one of the best buildings of its type in the city. As for rent concessions, expect them to become increasingly common as more units come on line.
Indeed -while concessions aren't a new thing it's indicative that they're asking too much for this product type - especially in this location.

http://www.marcusmillichap.com/resea...-market-report

https://www.bisnow.com/atlanta/news/...flourish-87157

Old Posted May 3, 2018, 11:47 PM

Old Posted May 4, 2018, 2:13 AM

^ This picture just shows how much density has been built in Midtown recently. Plus its awesome to think we have 4 projects over 500 feet that could all come into fruition. It truly is an exciting time to be a citizen of Atlanta. Plus, with the new bill signed in, we might even get our transit together.

Old Posted May 4, 2018, 2:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric 0_0 View Post
^ This picture just shows how much density has been built in Midtown recently. Plus its awesome to think we have 4 projects over 500 feet that could all come into fruition. It truly is an exciting time to be a citizen of Atlanta. Plus, with the new bill signed in, we might even get our transit together.
No joke. You look at views like this, especially considering all of the proposed projects that will fill in even more holes and think "man, this is turning into a really big f'n city!!"

Old Posted May 4, 2018, 5:28 AM

Atlanta from 10,000 feet above. Sorry that all of Downtown is not included.

Photo courtesy of @atlcast on Twitter.

Old Posted May 4, 2018, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PremierAtlanta View Post
Atlanta from 10,000 feet above. Sorry that all of Downtown is not included.

Photo courtesy of @atlcast on Twitter.
What is being built along the tracks in the lower right of the photo?

Old Posted May 4, 2018, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhunkyPho View Post
What is being built along the tracks in the lower right of the photo?
I think it is this:

Railside

Quote:
Mixed-use development planned for the 6.6 acres on Peters Street, fronting the railroad tracks. Housing will be a mix of townhomes and MF rental
https://www.atlantadowntown.com/go/railside

I think there will be a total of 50 townhomes and 115 apartments.

Old Posted May 4, 2018, 1:29 PM

A Picture is worth a thousand words

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric 0_0 View Post
Thank you so much to everyone who posts stunning pictures of our skyline and of developments and renderings, too (especially of Colony Square, CODA, Hanover Midtown, Alexan 880, Anthem, Lilli and The Standard - and upcoming on The Mark - on the development side)

Has anyone seen the DRC Agenda for this coming Tuesday, May 8th?

Thanks, good people

Atlanta. Always Growing. All Ways.

Old Posted May 4, 2018, 1:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbab View Post
I think it is this:

Railside

I think there will be a total of 50 townhomes and 115 apartments.
Yep, Castleberry Hill is seeing more investment. IMO, one of the most interesting neighborhoods in Atlanta. Just wish there were a few more bridges that directly connected the neighborhood to Garnett Station without the zig-zag. One of the downtown crosstown streetcar proposals would sever CH well, though.

Old Posted May 4, 2018, 1:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Peachtree View Post
Thank you so much to everyone who posts stunning pictures of our skyline and of developments and renderings, too (especially of Colony Square, CODA, Hanover Midtown, Alexan 880, Anthem, Lilli and The Standard - and upcoming on The Mark - on the development side)

Has anyone seen the DRC Agenda for this coming Tuesday, May 8th?

Thanks, good people

Atlanta. Always Growing. All Ways.
Don't believe it's public yet, but will be post here.

You can also hit the agenda a smidge early if you navigate to the PDF's URL before the hyperlink is updated.

Old Posted May 4, 2018, 4:40 PM
BANNED

This pic really shows how dense we are getting

https://500px.com/photo/252611481/at...user_id=996971

Old Posted May 4, 2018, 5:20 PM
i ain't no bubba

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigstick View Post
[IMG][/IMG]
Gosh, that's a great photo you posted, bigstick. Where were you when you took it?
If its not yours, please credit the source/photographer.

Old Posted May 4, 2018, 5:30 PM

Niiice shot!

Old Posted May 4, 2018, 5:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta3000 View Post
This pic really shows how dense we are getting
Midtown to Downtown is getting pretty dense and we definitely have a few mixed-use pockets with increasing density, too. Hoping more of our major arterial roads fill up with density though, as the SFH neighborhood severely outweighs the mixed-use land areas around the city, making the "continuous" urban environment more difficult to achieve. It's definitely getting easier walking around and feeling like you're in a city, though. Biking makes it really easy to get most places in the city and bypass traffic, too, so I'm rooting for more bike lanes and trails that criss cross the city, as well as those that arc around it (like the beltline)

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations