HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

TOM Condos in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Montreal Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
Montreal Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Nov 15, 2012, 11:37 AM

Le site du TOM nous dit que le projet est maintenant vendu à 45%. C'est intéressant de cliquer sur la tour elle-même pour voir le taux de vente pour chaque étage. Ici, les étages les plus chers, au sommet, semblent les moins vendus. Un signe que le TOM n'attire pas d'abord une clientèle haut de gamme. (Dans certaines tours, ce sont d'abord les appartements les plus chers qui partent en premier)

Je me suis toujours demandé d'ailleurs si les chiffres de vente fournis par les promoteurs étaient fiables. Des chiffres trop bas ont l'effet de discréditer un projet. Si le chiffre est trop haut, genre 90%, l'acheteur se dit que le meilleur est déjà parti. Le taux idéal, du point de vue marketing, serait sans doute entre 50% et 75% de déjà vendu.

Mais si les chiffres ont une influence, est-ce qu'il ne devient pas tentant de les tripoter pour faire bien paraître un projet? Y a-t-il un contrôle externe là-dessus ?

Old Posted Nov 15, 2012, 10:20 PM
Look at me!

C'est une bone question uqam+, a quel point peut-on croire les promoteurs? Et que sont les règles de ce qu'on peut affirmer pour les ventes?

On attend toujours pour un signe d'activité sur la pauvre rue Union....

ma photo

Old Posted Dec 20, 2012, 6:51 PM
The good old days are now

This project will be 122 metres tall (40 floors).

http://blogues.lapresse.ca/lapressea...s-de-montreal/

Old Posted Mar 21, 2013, 8:07 PM

Selom un membre de Mtlurb

Quote:
«To Our Dearest clients,

We are very proud to announce that as of this week, the cheque for the construction permit was sent to the city of Montreal.

The excavation is due to start shortly.

We would like to sincerely thank every single one of you for your trust, support and enthusiasm towards the Tom developments.

For any further inquiries, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Once again, a big thank you from the whole team at Tom!»

GOOD NEWS!

Old Posted Mar 21, 2013, 8:17 PM
Look at me!

Bienvenue Oliviermtl,

C'est une bonne nouvelle, c'est sur!

Old Posted Mar 21, 2013, 8:24 PM
The Vomit Bag.

Great for Tom. What about Dick and Harry?
"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."-President Lyndon B. Johnson Donald Trump is a poor man's idea of a rich man, a weak man's idea of a strong man, and a stupid man's idea of a smart man. Am I an Asseau?

Old Posted Apr 7, 2013, 9:16 PM
Ciao tutti

Follow the arrow. My pics. ,

Old Posted Aug 15, 2013, 2:53 AM

went to the sales office today. Sales have passed the 45% mark and construction will start mid-october. Should be finished by 3rd semester 2015.
Une autre tour dans le Skyline de notre belle ville.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2013, 3:17 AM

This tower is a good candidate to get the chop-chop; on the top 18 stories, only 3 condos have been sold with stories 31-40 having a total of 0 unit sold.

That is, if the plans on site are up to date. It does say 45% sold on the front page so that figure is up to date.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2013, 1:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by franktko View Post
This tower is a good candidate to get the chop-chop; on the top 18 stories, only 3 condos have been sold with stories 31-40 having a total of 0 unit sold.
As the man over there told me, their was a high demand for studios, and they changed their plans to accustom the demand. This means that, if built of course, this will be a highly flexible tower. What i am going to with this is that the man told me his biggest clientele is 25-35 olds starting in business, and seeing that this clientele isn't particularly selling, they might adapt to make more and penthouses and bigger living areas to accomodate the needs of and older clientele!

Old Posted Aug 15, 2013, 10:45 PM
Look at me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchcanadian3 View Post
As the man over there told me, their was a high demand for studios, and they changed their plans to accustom the demand. This means that, if built of course, this will be a highly flexible tower. What i am going to with this is that the man told me his biggest clientele is 25-35 olds starting in business, and seeing that this clientele isn't particularly selling, they might adapt to make more and penthouses and bigger living areas to accomodate the needs of and older clientele!
Thanks for doing the rounds! Well at least we know they're on the case.

Just build the damn thing and rent out the units you can't sell! To hell with condos!

Old Posted Sep 3, 2013, 3:54 PM
Look at me!

forumer denpanosekai on mtlurb posted this picture.

I guess this one is going up soon enough!

Old Posted Sep 3, 2013, 5:35 PM
The good old days are now

I'm not very eager for this one to go up. I find it looks awkward, and it appears that it will be largely covered in bland prefab concrete panels (with cheap windows).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl514 View Post

Old Posted Sep 3, 2013, 8:42 PM
Look at me!

Yeah, not too hot. Looks like a cheap quasi-knock-off of the nakatomi tower

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_xkHAGy5UYN...0/nakatomi.jpg

Old Posted Oct 15, 2013, 8:01 PM
More transit please

Update from the Tom Condos team:

La construction va débuter d’ici 60 jours.
N’hésitez pas à nous contacter en cas de besoin.
Merci.

Not very precise, but i'll take it!

Old Posted Oct 16, 2013, 12:02 AM
Give us a kiss

The base does look pretty disgusting.

On the plus side it should lower Altitude's impact from points east (e.g. pont jacques cartier). If the roofline stays as in this mockup it may verge on tolerable.

Yay.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2013, 3:19 PM

Agreed. LA is a pretty sprawled out city, but IMO it has a bad rap. There are some really good neighborhoods there. NYC has some awesome neighborhoods and is probably the world's greatest urban experience, but it also has massive sprawl.

Anyhow, back to this building. It's not the height of architectural design, but I don't find it that bad. It would just blend in and wouldn't be that noticeable, but would also add some really good density.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLskyline View Post
^ Unfortunately this is the sort of prevailing wisdom on mtlurb. Most American cities to them are sprawling hellholes overrun by God-fearing xenophobes driving huge polluting cars (and listening to Rush Limbaugh's noise pollution over the radio). (Here is a recent photo thread someone did on LA.. It's not that bad http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=198013 )

There is more to America (and Los Angeles) than what the tired stereotypes suggest.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2013, 3:19 PM
More transit please

Quote:
Originally Posted by big T View Post

On the plus side it should lower Altitude's impact from points east (e.g. pont jacques cartier). If the roofline stays as in this mockup it may verge on tolerable.

Yay.
I'm also not a fan of the building... It looks cheap. Plus I hate when promoters keep pushing back the construction date (in March 2013 they said the excavation was to start shortly). The only positive thing about this tower is the appearance of another 120+ meter tower in Downtown. That's all.

Last edited by SkahHigh; Oct 16, 2013 at 3:58 PM.

Old Posted Oct 16, 2013, 5:24 PM
Editor

I agree. The base is not good at all. The tower portion is fine, and adds some good height to the skyline, and most won't see the base anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big T View Post

Yay.

Old Posted Jan 23, 2014, 3:20 PM
More transit please

Because of this developper's past announcements, I am a little doubtful about this but apparently the construction permit should be in by the end of the week and beginning of the excavation work should be announced at the end of the month.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive