HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted May 25, 2020, 10:52 PM

I checked out the social distancing circles at Dolores Park the other day when NO ONE was there. Thoughts some of yal would be interested. Cheers and I hope you guys had a nice Memorial Day Weekend!

Video Link

Old Posted May 26, 2020, 4:41 AM

1228 Howard Street at 9th Street

Curious. There is building on the east side of the lot while on the west side there is still deep foundation work being done - note the large pile digger.

1228 Howard Street - 2020_05_20

Old Posted May 26, 2020, 4:37 PM

Skyline from Mt Davidson:

Mission Bay/Rock

Hotel in Mission Bay close to Oracle Park

Somewhere in South SF... I'm not familiar with the area

Uber

They're fixing the roads in Fisherman's Wharf

75 Howard:

Old Posted May 27, 2020, 7:41 AM
heavy user of walkability

Quote:
Originally Posted by gillynova View Post
They're fixing the roads in Fisherman's Wharf
this is phase II of an extensive make-over of the street/sidewalk interface in particular (less of the former, more of the latter) that should make it much more comfortable for the (usually) heavy pedestrian traffic in the area

Old Posted May 27, 2020, 9:20 PM

gillynova post #10263 - The windows on 75 Howard look similar to those on the 1580 Mission tower. A prominent site as this is should have been a lot more attractive to my eye. Thanks for the update as I don't think I will be in the area anytime soon.

Old Posted May 27, 2020, 9:54 PM

12th Street at Isis near 1532 Harrison (which is part of the development)

The ground floor's triangular concrete looks very much like a building on Potrero Avenue which has triangles from the bottom to the top. I was surprised to see this. The building next door at 1532 Harrison Street is still under a black shroud.

12th Street at Isis part of 1532 Harrison Street by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/antinous/]

Old Posted May 28, 2020, 7:01 AM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry of San Fran View Post
gillynova post #10263 - The windows on 75 Howard look similar to those on the 1580 Mission tower. A prominent site as this is should have been a lot more attractive to my eye. Thanks for the update as I don't think I will be in the area anytime soon.
I really like 1550 Mission and am thinking 1 Steuart Lane will turn out well too.

Old Posted May 28, 2020, 5:32 PM

450 Mission

Older news, but Salesforce bought 450 Mission across from their flagship building at 415, likely for employee rental housing, as the zoning of that lot does not allow for economically feasible office plates (unless combined with adjoining parcels -?)

This is an older proposal for hotel and condominium tower on the same site

image courtesy Portsmouth Development

http://www.flickr.com/photos/1886440...eposted-public

Old Posted May 28, 2020, 6:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp1 View Post
Older news, but Salesforce bought 450 Mission across from their flagship building at 415, likely for employee rental housing, as the zoning of that lot does not allow for economically feasible office plates (unless combined with adjoining parcels -?)
I would not underestimate Mark Benioff's ability to get what he wants in this town and if he wants to develop that property, my bet would be on him. I can't see the need for employee rental housing adjacent to the Salesforce office complex at a time when other software/cloud firms are suddenly discovering that much of their staff can live on the other side of the world if they wish and telecommute.

Old Posted May 29, 2020, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp1 View Post

This is an older proposal for hotel and condominium tower on the same site

450MA by john blue, on Flickr...
replaced BBCode to show image

Old Posted May 29, 2020, 5:30 PM

I like that proposal ^^.

It could merely be a real estate investment transaction. In that case, condos would actually be a nice way to diversify the neighborhood and add some extra life on weekends/after 7pm on weekdays.

Old Posted May 29, 2020, 7:51 PM

Balboa Reservoir update

from a few weeks ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbad View Post
now...

Balboa Reservoir passes Planning Commission

Quote:
Planning Commission greenlights 1,100 unit Balboa Reservoir project
Development near CCSF expected to include 50 percent below-market rate units

Ida Mojadad

The Balboa Reservoir project, expected to bring 1,100 units to a City-owned parking lot near City College of San Francisco, received key approvals Thursday.

The San Francisco Planning Commission unanimously approved the mixed-use project’s environmental review and agreement with a private developer, and recommended that the Board of Supervisors rezone the 17.6-acre area.

The project would construct 1,100 units just west of City College’s Ocean Campus and south of Archbishop Riordan High School. About four acres would be reserved for public use, including childcare and play space. Half of the units would be designated as affordable, with the City responsible for funding 17 percent of the total units to boost the number of affordable units.

About 150 of those affordable units would be reserved for City College faculty...

But fears that the project could increase displacement and worsen affordability persist, as the below-market-rate units would be reserved for those making up to 120 percent of the area median income, or about $143,000 for a household of four by the City’s numbers.

Groups like the CCSF Collective and the faculty union, the American Federation of Teachers 2121, are advocating instead for the public land to be used for 100 percent affordable housing units.

City College, which currently uses the site for parking, has not yet reached an agreement on the development..

Transportation remains another sticking point. ...

Developer AvalonBay would be required to pay $10 million in fees to the San Francisco Municipal Transportation Authority for improvements to surrounding transit lines. ...

The project would be built in phases, with affordable housing first built by BRIDGE Housing in 2022, then Mission Housing and Habit For Humanity in the second phase. It is anticipated to be completed by 2028, should the Board of Supervisors approve it.

Old Posted May 30, 2020, 6:50 PM
Build Baby Build

Serif on Market. Nearly topped out. Facade going up.

Old Posted May 31, 2020, 7:33 PM

1390 Market St. - getting a new entrance.

Notice Starbucks on the right in the photo. Last night the Starbucks was trashed by anarchists with all windows broken. My guess the damage caused at least $10,000 in window glass. So sad. I live in the building.

I watched The Walgreen's across the street for hours as it was looted. The San Francisco police watched & did not make a single arrest as people carted off looted goods.

1390 Market St. San Francisco

Old Posted Jun 1, 2020, 4:26 PM

Pictures from all around the city:

Ferris Wheel

Skyline from Treasure Island

Former McDonald's on Haight

Pier

and I posted the rest in their individual threads
https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/tag...=san+francisco

Old Posted Jun 4, 2020, 11:09 PM

UCSF is going to present their rather-long-term plans for re-configuring much of the Parnassus campus to the Planning Commission. one big figure is they are asking to increase the agreed-on gross square foot limit on non-residential space that has been in existence since 1976 from about 3.5m to over 5m.

I am disappointed that the one building that I find has character is just about the first on the demolish list, but I assume that is because it is extremely outdated and expensive to bring up to needed standards. overall my take is that the campus finished product will work better for all who use it, and be more pleasant for those just passing by

edit: and here is socketsite's associated blurb

Last edited by timbad; Jun 5, 2020 at 7:50 PM. Reason: added socketsite link

Old Posted Jun 5, 2020, 10:25 PM

Whoa, the new building on the east end is going to be MASSIVE. But which building is going to be demoed?

Old Posted Jun 5, 2020, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tall/awkward View Post
Whoa, the new building on the east end is going to be MASSIVE. But which building is going to be demoed?
not sure if this is what you are asking, but you can see which one in the first graphic from my post: the right-most one marked in red (labelled #9)

Old Posted Jun 6, 2020, 2:46 AM

The massing is a bit bulky but this definitely comes off as a far more pleasing design to me overall—vs the single tower direction in the rendering above.

Not sure if this is an alternate design or just an older proposal... but I def prefer it over the tri-force route:

Check out the plan website and read the full plan pdf for a ton more information and (an additional) alternate take on the eastern tower.

Last edited by BobbyMucho; Jun 6, 2020 at 3:18 AM.

Old Posted Jun 10, 2020, 7:23 PM

6/10/2020 - Transbay Parcel F

Core drilling equipment is running today at Parcel F for soil samples. Perhaps this one will be starting up soon? https://socketsite.com/archives/2020...-approval.html

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations