HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 12:00 PM
Millennial Ascendancy

Marty that was hilarious. Cope Landing can offer some Police / Firefighters to help if you need it. I'll try to set that up tonight. Remind me.

And Signal, I think you've gone from building a nuclear wasteland to building the most impressive city thus far. Would you be able to provide a similar tour to Marty's? What are your specializations? How did you divide up your city? What sort of infrastructure do you have in place? What are your wealth levels and how did you get there? I really stand by my Vancouver statement. With the mountains in the background (from the an earlier photo) and the architecture style that has taken over your town, it really looks like Vancouver!

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 12:01 PM

I think I'm going to go back and focus on Nuevo Destino ... Paradesia is pissing me off but I've learned things I can implement there

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 12:02 PM

Also the small map is starting to be a challenge now, especially if the map isn't just flat

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 12:04 PM

Signal I wanna see you do a European city! maybe back at the nuclear site

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 12:05 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copes View Post
Marty that was hilarious. Cope Landing can offer some Police / Firefighters to help if you need it. I'll try to set that up tonight. Remind me.

And Signal, I think you've gone from building a nuclear wasteland to building the most impressive city thus far. Would you be able to provide a similar tour to Marty's? What are your specializations? How did you divide up your city? What sort of infrastructure do you have in place? What are your wealth levels and how did you get there? I really stand by my Vancouver statement. With the mountains in the background (from the an earlier photo) and the architecture style that has taken over your town, it really looks like Vancouver!

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 12:06 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeddy1989 View Post
Also the small map is starting to be a challenge now, especially if the map isn't just flat
Yeah, I'm out of room as well.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 12:09 PM
Millennial Ascendancy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignalHillHiker View Post
Haha. I'll ask no more.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 12:15 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Well, my specialization is trade. I have a recycling depot, trade thing, trade port, trade HQ.

For wealth I did it slow. I waited until my low density street had highest-value estates before upgrading, etc.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 12:18 PM
Millennial Ascendancy

Hmm, interesting. I wonder if I can avoid building a Trade Center by sending my oil to you? Although I don't think we are connected.

Was trade particularly difficult? It sounded the most complex to me (after electronics) but I thought that you would have to manage imports and exports and prices, etc. When I built my first trade building last night, I saw that you just click on the import / export button and leave it at that. Was there much more to it?

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 12:21 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Yeah, I kinda just bought and placed the buildings.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 12:32 PM

EA finally decided to let me play last night! I started a private region for practice; getting the hang of it now.

I won't be around the computer this weekend but will be back next week and ready to join the SSP region. My user name is craigsteele281.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 12:43 PM

It's a shame Maxis decided to take the facebook game style route with this one. Sim City 4 was perfect, all they needed to do watch patch an update a few things but alas they didnt and I'm still playing a 10 year old game with some user made patches.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 1:46 PM

I agree that it's dumbed down a lot compared to other games in the series... It's entertaining as hell right now though. Time will tell if that lasts.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 1:48 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

THIS is dumbed down? Wow... no wonder I sucked so bad at Simcity 4! lol

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 1:55 PM

Lol... maybe "dumbed down" isn't the right choice of words... All I mean is that you're much more limited in terms of what you can build; bridge types, elevated highways, subways, etc.

Maybe they'll come out with an expansion eventually that gives a lot more options (and much larger maps)... not likely, but it would elevate the game a lot imho.

I thought 3000 was the best in the series honestly... I miss having massive, 500,000+ population cities

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 2:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedSpecial View Post
Lol... maybe "dumbed down" isn't the right choice of words... All I mean is that you're much more limited in terms of what you can build; bridge types, elevated highways, subways, etc.

Maybe they'll come out with an expansion eventually that gives a lot more options (and much larger maps)... not likely, but it would elevate the game a lot imho.

I thought 3000 was the best in the series honestly... I miss having massive, 500,000+ population cities
I'm pretty sure they will come out with expansions at least rush hour style expansions .. and due to the feedback probably larger maps too (if they're half smart about it) personally I'd like to see a weather expansion, however that would probably be done with access to a couple of new regions or something like that

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 2:55 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

Well, b'ys, it's been a fun ride but I think this is where it ends for Signal Hill. I have a massive, maxed out water system that is running dry... I'm afraid to turn it on until there's another city in the region selling water, ha!

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 3:11 PM

^^ Oh boy are you in luck! Magnolia Gardens is a water lovers paradise...and it too could be yours for the very low price of...

Whatever it costs to ship

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 9:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copes View Post
Thanks I feel like I'm always playing defense when I load Martyville; the criminals are completely in charge.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2013, 10:06 PM
I ♣ Baby Seals

So, for the 16-city server, we unofficially decided that anyone who reached 100,000 inhabitants is allowed to claim a second city. I did that yesterday but didn't claim until today (since Signal Hill is going to run out of water as soon as I leave it running for more than a few minutes, ha!).

This time I named it Fort Townshend (one of the two citadels that used to be in downtown St. John's) and I'm copying the street grid style of St. John's as much as I can, .

Let's see if I can make it affordable.. because it won't be very dense in a game designed for squares...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces > St. John's