HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 14, 2013, 2:09 PM
life is good

@Tennis - already have a flickr. I meant to post the images here and they show up. When I enter the url it only posts a hyperlink, not the photo. Help?

An observation: every time I come back I see more and more cyclists! A ton were out yesterday in the awful afternoon heat. I thought of ya'll saying no one would bike in the heat

Took some terrible photos on not exciting projects yesterday (many while my parents were driving...) Some of ya'll seem desperate though so I thought I would post. Featured include Jefferson Ave drainage construction, quarter road construction, new entrance to Canal Place etc. I was last in town for Mardi Gras so I was snapping random things... Will try to get some better on foot photos today. Scroll through (first two photos are the worst).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73028294@N00/9742108020/

Last edited by Eightball; Sep 14, 2013 at 2:29 PM.

Old Posted Sep 14, 2013, 4:06 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eightball View Post
@Tennis - already have a flickr. I meant to post the images here and they show up. When I enter the url it only posts a hyperlink, not the photo. Help?

An observation: every time I come back I see more and more cyclists! A ton were out yesterday in the awful afternoon heat. I thought of ya'll saying no one would bike in the heat

Took some terrible photos on not exciting projects yesterday (many while my parents were driving...) Some of ya'll seem desperate though so I thought I would post. Featured include Jefferson Ave drainage construction, quarter road construction, new entrance to Canal Place etc. I was last in town for Mardi Gras so I was snapping random things... Will try to get some better on foot photos today. Scroll through (first two photos are the worst).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/73028294@N00/9742108020/
If its on flickr you have to post the url...

South Market The Paramount

Old Posted Sep 15, 2013, 12:15 AM
c'est le temps.....

Quote:
tennis1400 if it's on flickr you have to post the url...

Gentlemen!!! It's a start! Thanks for the pics....I hope more will follow!!!

Old Posted Sep 15, 2013, 12:38 AM
c'est le temps.....

Good Article!!! Good News!!!!! Now if only Lykes would relocate back to the City from Tampa!!!!

http://theneworleansadvocate.com/hom...irms-coming-to

Old Posted Sep 15, 2013, 1:00 AM
c'est le temps.....

Louisiana State Museum, unfortunately not in NOLA, but I wish Trahan would be commissioned to design the building on Lee Circle replacing the old Shell Station...This is an impressive design, I hope to see it soon.

http://www.trahanarchitects.com/1586...a-state-museum

Old Posted Sep 15, 2013, 11:22 PM

Riverfront Park Pictures

Why isn't this park open yet?!? These pictures are from May 23, courtesy of NOLA Horticulture.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2013, 2:58 AM
TL;DR

The one problem with this park is that it will be hard to monitor. Obviously it's behind a floodwall so people driving past can't see in, and the Levee Police will have a hard time patrolling with all those trees, benches, etc.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2013, 1:20 PM
c'est le temps.....

Paul Purpura w/ NOLA.com has encouraging news for cyclist in this video and also for the "Where ya Rack" guys.....

http://blog.nola.com/westbank/2013/0..._river_default

Old Posted Sep 16, 2013, 1:56 PM
life is good

Three observations:

1) St. Claude Ave looks great. I only went down as far as Franklin Ave, but it was mind blowing

2) Carrollton desperately needs a road diet in Mid City (and from Claiborne to Mid City also...) Ish is disgusting. Totally ruins the pedestrian/biker experience to have three lanes plus parking on each side. Yuck. Canal could use one also but that seems less likely... I know there was some discussion of this previously but it seems to have stalled. The residential neighborhoods nearby (I own a house on Cleveland) and businesses look great, but uggghhh

3) Costco, while it will be good for the city tax and jobs wise, looks terrible. An entire massive city block of parking only in front of the store, and then the store starts? This has to be a new low for the city. Terrible, truly terrible.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2013, 2:01 PM
life is good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiled In Lafayette View Post
Louisiana State Museum, unfortunately not in NOLA, but I wish Trahan would be commissioned to design the building on Lee Circle replacing the old Shell Station...This is an impressive design, I hope to see it soon.

http://www.trahanarchitects.com/1586...a-state-museum
Love the interior design, outside looks cool, too.

BTW where is the Lafayette thread? That's an impressive city also.

Big box retail in N.O. story: http://theneworleansadvocate.com/hom...ly-getting-its

Last edited by Eightball; Sep 16, 2013 at 3:09 PM. Reason: Add link to big box story

Old Posted Sep 16, 2013, 3:05 PM
c'est le temps.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eightball View Post
Love the interior design, outside looks cool, too.

BTW where is the Lafayette thread? That's an impressive city also.
There isn't a Lafayette thread as of now, If things slow down with work I hope to start one but will need a little advice on how to go about doing that, I'm still having problems posting pics without the web link. There is a nice size NOLA community here that formed post-K, but Lafayette was very much a small piece of NOLA before the storm. Lots of construction going on. I see it everyday and wish I had time to document everything. I push a lot for others to post pics of NOLA but I do understand how time consuming that can be......I still appreciate the effort!!! There are lots of people in Lafayette from NOLA that are interested in the rebuilding of the city and may not be members of this forum but keep tract of the development via this site. Many thanks for the updates!!!!!!and pics!

Last edited by Exiled In Lafayette; Sep 16, 2013 at 4:13 PM.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2013, 8:45 PM
-

DDay Museum parking lot... soil test!

Old Posted Sep 16, 2013, 9:20 PM
c'est le temps.....

Quote:
tennis1400;6269180]DDay Museum parking lot... soil test!
The images of the Piety arch and riverside park are awesome, thanks to all of those posting the pics and updates....The park is impressive with all the landscaping I agree with ardecila above about police patrol....maybe a cycle squad would be a good means at nipping the crime element even if it's a paid detail squad. Thanks again!

Old Posted Sep 16, 2013, 10:07 PM

600 Carondelet St.

http://www.nola.com/business/index.s..._river_default

600 Carondelet Street will be incorporated into the South Market District as a hotel!!!!!!!
It was announced today at the official groundbreaking. One more class B office space turning into something useful, and a good sign that the SMD is financially healthy.

P.S. Did we know about this already? I can't remember/keep up at this point.

Photo courtesy of rofo.com

Old Posted Sep 16, 2013, 10:42 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
http://www.nola.com/business/index.s..._river_default

600 Carondelet Street will be incorporated into the South Market District as a hotel!!!!!!!
It was announced today at the official groundbreaking. One more class B office space turning into something useful, and a good sign that the SMD is financially healthy.

P.S. Did we know about this already? I can't remember/keep up at this point.

Photo courtesy of rofo.com
This is news... we didnt know about before. The South Market District will be presenting their project to the Lafayette Square Association tomorrow night.. maybe we will get some news on possible tenants for the retail.

Old Posted Sep 16, 2013, 10:53 PM
TL;DR

Interesting. It seems odd to call this part of South Market though... it's two blocks away. And why would Domain seek a hotel tenant for an existing building (which I didn't even know they owned) when they have a handful of new buildings they're trying to kickstart?

Old Posted Sep 16, 2013, 11:08 PM
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardecila View Post
Interesting. It seems odd to call this part of South Market though... it's two blocks away. And why would Domain seek a hotel tenant for an existing building (which I didn't even know they owned) when they have a handful of new buildings they're trying to kickstart?
They have made it clear that they plan to increase their investment in the area and while it may not be called an actual part of the south market development it is only a block and a half away. Besides its good business for someone to reap the benefits themselves of an area they are helping to redevelop.

Old Posted Sep 17, 2013, 12:13 AM
c'est le temps.....

http://nola.curbed.com/archives/2013...-the-works.php

Per NOLA.Curbed.com 1031 Canal hasn't been axed.......

Old Posted Sep 17, 2013, 12:29 AM
c'est le temps.....

I'd have to call this "Static Barcelona"........I hope it gets renovated, nice use of colors, nice renovation concept
http://www.hriproperties.com/2101-louisiana

Old Posted Sep 17, 2013, 3:50 AM

New Museum

Ok, technically it's an expansion of the Historic New Orleans Collection, but it's going across the street from them, in what used to be a terrible run down faux-antiques store. It's going to be a museum to the history of the French Quarter, and they want to be open by the Tricentennial in 2018. 524 Royal Street is the address, I believe.

http://www.wwltv.com/news/consumer/A...223536911.html

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations