HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Dec 16, 2006, 4:43 PM

grand hyatt pics yesterday

[IMG]/Users/matthewwilliams/Pictures/Palm Photos/matthewwilliams/Expansion Card 6A5E/Palm/Photo_121506_013.jpg
/Users/matthewwilliams/Pictures/Palm Photos/matthewwilliams/Expansion Card 6A5E/Palm/Photo_121506_014.jpg
/Users/matthewwilliams/Pictures/Palm Photos/matthewwilliams/Expansion Card 6A5E/Palm/Photo_121506_015.jpg
/Users/matthewwilliams/Pictures/Palm Photos/matthewwilliams/Expansion Card 6A5E/Palm/Photo_121506_016.jpg
/Users/matthewwilliams/Pictures/Palm Photos/matthewwilliams/Expansion Card 6A5E/Palm/Photo_121506_017.jpg[/IMG]

Old Posted Dec 16, 2006, 5:06 PM

here they are sorry this is my first time to post directly onto here and not photobucket

Old Posted Dec 16, 2006, 5:11 PM

Cool pics matt,Thanks!

Old Posted Dec 16, 2006, 6:01 PM
Meh

Awesome. It looks huge already. You guys weren't kidding about those first 3 floors, they're tall.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Dec 16, 2006, 9:17 PM

Wow! I think this thing's going to be a lot bigger than the renderings suggest. Can't wait 'till its completion!

Old Posted Dec 17, 2006, 5:03 AM
JACKinBeantown

Nice job with the pics. Good to see it's going up... too bad about the design.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2006, 8:01 AM

So..from the renders...there are still 2 more floors this size to go? BEFORE the actual rooms start? I'm confused.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2006, 9:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21bl0wed View Post
So..from the renders...there are still 2 more floors this size to go? BEFORE the actual rooms start? I'm confused.
Yes sir. According to the renderings, the first four floors will make up the base of the hotel which will consist of the meeting rooms, resaturant/lounge, swimming pool/fitness centre and the rest of the common areas. From there up it will be the guest rooms and at the top, the ultra-luxury Alteza condominium units. I do believe, however, that the ceiling height on the first four floors is quite a bit higher than on the rest of the floors. Regardless, as a Hyatt associate I'm so excited to see this thing go up!

Old Posted Dec 18, 2006, 3:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by potts View Post
Yes sir. According to the renderings, the first four floors will make up the base of the hotel which will consist of the meeting rooms, resaturant/lounge, swimming pool/fitness centre and the rest of the common areas. From there up it will be the guest rooms and at the top, the ultra-luxury Alteza condominium units. I do believe, however, that the ceiling height on the first four floors is quite a bit higher than on the rest of the floors. Regardless, as a Hyatt associate I'm so excited to see this thing go up!
Wow, the first four floors are as is going to look huge...and there is still 20 some odd regular floors + the larger condos on top? this building doesn't seem like its only going to have a roof height of 352' or 372' whatever it was...I know then the mechanical structure will go up to 425' but i think it will be higher but what do i know.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2006, 3:30 AM
Meh

I wish someone would go down to the construction trailer during the week and request to see the blueprints. I'd suggest calling ahead to let them know you're coming. You'll get a better response that way. The only time I'm ever in San Antonio unfortunately, is on the weekend.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Dec 18, 2006, 5:30 AM
Endless Moments...

Hmm yeah the first three floors would have to be bit taller, due to what they are used for. It gets taller by the day, yea, cant wait to see it from other places in the city. I love seeing a "New tall" building under construction from a distance, good stuff...

Old Posted Dec 25, 2006, 7:01 PM
Endless Moments...

I just drove by the site today. Its still on the 3rd floor. Im sure it wont really start picking up speed till after the new year. So that is good news.

Vidorra: The area is still fenced up, i did see a little pile of ruble, so that should start taking off soon as well.

Vistana: They are almost finsihed demolishing the site.

All in all very exciting times. Everyone have a Happy Christmas. LA here i come for new years 2007. Party it UP...

Old Posted Dec 26, 2006, 4:40 AM
Bring out the cranes...

Great pics of the hyatt project. Looks to be a very tall hotel. keep us up to date.
4. "99 West" 30-stories 375 FT 2011
5. "Key Bank Tower" 27-stories 351 FT 1976

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio