HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Oct 25, 2016, 5:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers2001 View Post
Clutch location for a Wawa!
You kidding me? Very disappointed with this signing. While Wawa is a necessary evil in the city, I was hoping for more high end restaurants/bars to take up 7,000 sf chunks in East Market. Hopefully this is the only quick serve in the development.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2016, 6:54 PM

^^I disagree. This will be great for residents living here. It's a great amenity to be able to get food-to-go that's easy to carry with some relatively healthy options. Wawa coffee is what gets me through school.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2016, 7:09 PM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
not in the last few weeks. It's been a while since this was released at CDR. Why don't you just explain what that section will be if you remember. Is that too much to ask?
That section is supposed to be a shared street and AFAIK it hasn't changed since the outset.

Incidentally, the site plan has always shown a small bumpout on the east tower's north side as well.

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Oct 25, 2016, 8:26 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammersklavier View Post
That section is supposed to be a shared street and AFAIK it hasn't changed since the outset.

Incidentally, the site plan has always shown a small bumpout on the east tower's north side as well.
i didnt suggest the shared street changed- I just didn't remember what that area was going to be since it had been a while since I looked at all the renderings.

The bump out is barely discernable from most of the renderings of the first apt tower. I found a plan view in the recently released drawings for the second CDR package and it makes it clear. When you look at the Market Street perspective renderings it's very difficult to make out the fact that the eastern end projects out closer to the Market. It really just looks like a uniform north facing facade except for that strange "blade" that runs up the the building toward the east side.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2016, 9:17 PM

Probably the best location for a wawa in the city.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2016, 9:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyers2001 View Post
Clutch location for a Wawa!
No, thank you. Now a Wendy's, on the other hand, might really add to this location.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2016, 9:37 PM

My only concern re: the Wawa is the potential for trash accumulation and random people causing problems. The new Wawa on Broad Street frequently has trash and sketchy people hanging out there at random times. Hopefully this gets cleaned up but I've noticed it's been an issue the few times I'm around there.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2016, 11:17 PM
Φιλαδέλφεια

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxbot View Post
No, thank you. Now a Wendy's, on the other hand, might really add to this location.
Agreed! And a few nice restaurants mixed in would be good. Like an Applebee's, a Red Lobster and a Friday's.

Old Posted Oct 25, 2016, 11:56 PM

Overall very clutch location for a Wawa.

Unless it was a super high-end boutique with very little foot traffic junkies were going to hangout in front regardless.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2016, 1:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammersklavier View Post
Two more CC Wawas -- one at East Market and the other replacing I. Goldberg's (wonder where they're going to go). Is Wawa's plan to be our version of Duane Reade or Harris Teeter?
I asked someone at I. Goldberg what their plan was and she said they were hoping to stay, but if they have to move they're looking around South Street. She seemed very adamant that they weren't closing.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2016, 1:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philly-Drew View Post
Agreed! And a few nice restaurants mixed in would be good. Like an Applebee's, a Red Lobster and a Friday's.
I was going to satisfied with a Wendy's, but an Applebee's! Be still my heart, and stomach. Now we'll talking gooood food. Maybe a kick starter drive would convince them to come, cook and feed the masses.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2016, 4:33 AM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1487 View Post
i didnt suggest the shared street changed- I just didn't remember what that area was going to be since it had been a while since I looked at all the renderings.

The bump out is barely discernable from most of the renderings of the first apt tower. I found a plan view in the recently released drawings for the second CDR package and it makes it clear. When you look at the Market Street perspective renderings it's very difficult to make out the fact that the eastern end projects out closer to the Market. It really just looks like a uniform north facing facade except for that strange "blade" that runs up the the building toward the east side.
And that's why I stipulated the site plan, which very clearly shows what the floorplates are going to end up being. Renderings can be confusing sometimes.

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Oct 26, 2016, 4:29 PM

I hope they embrace the "times square" nature of this development and at least go big, bright, bold, and maybe even a little neon-y.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2016, 4:33 PM
Philly Rising Up!

What was the story that the Feds took over the Lit Brothers Bldg digital messaging board on top of the bldg?

Old Posted Oct 26, 2016, 5:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartphilly View Post
What was the story that the Feds took over the Lit Brothers Bldg digital messaging board on top of the bldg?
[DELETED] I stand corrected, but who is boxbot calling "Alex Jones?"

Last edited by Knight Hospitaller; Oct 26, 2016 at 6:38 PM.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2016, 5:31 PM

They've started some serious facade and interior rehab work on the building across the street on 11th. I wonder if the rest of the block will get revamped sooner opposed to later and bridge the gap of Market East and the new Target development on Chestnut. Any known plans for that small strip?

Old Posted Oct 26, 2016, 5:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartphilly View Post
Not exactly, Alex Jones.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2016, 6:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWOLFE View Post
They've started some serious facade and interior rehab work on the building across the street on 11th. I wonder if the rest of the block will get revamped sooner opposed to later and bridge the gap of Market East and the new Target development on Chestnut. Any known plans for that small strip?
Don't know. It's a bleak strip. But they are renovating the strip between Chestnut and Walnut on 11th, and that is looking good and poised for some new tenants.

Old Posted Oct 26, 2016, 7:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWOLFE View Post
They also built a roof deck on top of it. Looks pretty swanky!!

Old Posted Oct 26, 2016, 9:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsbrook View Post
Don't know. It's a bleak strip. But they are renovating the strip between Chestnut and Walnut on 11th, and that is looking good and poised for some new tenants.

11th is my daily walk to work so I have seen that and its a much better look. I wonder who the new tenants will be... Milkcrate needs some friends.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive