HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Aug 6, 2008, 8:50 PM

^^^Yeah, it'll be a diamond. Good thing too, as the current interchange is always horribly backed up whenever I've been there.

Hadn't heard about the I-37 widening, I'd be curious to know how far down the 6-lane config is going, as well. Maybe all the way down to 181??

Old Posted Aug 6, 2008, 9:00 PM

I know eventually (in the next 25 years) they want it to go the Atascosa county line, but it might be up to 181.
Recentlu there have been construction crews set up across 37 from INdian Hills but I found that they are there for the city bond projects of drainage below 37. I guess with all the expected new concrete at City-Base, they're going to need better drainage down Goliad. When I saw them clear the side of 37, I thought they were setting up to make access roads. That would've helped because Goliad/Miltary is getting to be a mess and I'm sure with the new office buildings, Baptist Hospital, and other projects, Goliad is going to have to widen or have direct access to 37.

Old Posted Aug 7, 2008, 3:00 AM
James

Lowes/JCPenny/Movie Theatre?

Old Posted Aug 7, 2008, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaga185 View Post
Maybe the Lowes will be at City Base West and we can leave the movie theater to City Base South on 410 since Mccreless market will already have Cinemark.
A few things I have observed while on my daily rounds( i know, i have too much time.)
Nothing at the Rivercenter although today is the final day Dillards is open.
The framing of the Walgreens is up, a two-story steel square is up.
The Neisner building is gutted out. Haven't seen much activity since the first weekend when the news came out.
No activity at the Texas Building.
No other work on the Embassy although the digging is getting cleaned up around the edges; maybe the restaraunt will be located a little below street level (only half of the lot is dug out.)
The new Marriott adds nicely to the skyline when on St. Mary's/Travis looking South towards the Tower life building.
No visible (new) work on the 1221 Broadway lofts, although I did see crews cleaning up behind the main structure. Maybe they were replacing old plumbing for the new layouts and changes?
The building at 10th/Alamo is being swept away slowly.
I believe the Vidorra is now "sealed", and we should see stucco go up soon.
Framing on the townhomes is underway.
Nothing new on 1800 Broadway.
The Broadway should see the 4th floor being poured on soon.
Quarry Village is shaping up nicely, West Elm and Smith and Hawken are set to open in October, stucco is up and just needs to be painted.
Thats it.
Hopefully I'll have some pics up soon.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2008, 12:28 AM

^^^Thanks for the update! You should post this in the SA general development and construction thread, as it hasn't had much updating recently. I wasn't really expecting anything to happen at the Dillards until its closed, with all of Dillards' stuff moved out. That could take, what, a week or so?

I'm not sure if I have this straight, but as I understand it, the phases for the redevelopment of Rivercenter is the Joske's building in phase I, the mall in phase II, and the hotel in phase III? Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2008, 2:49 AM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Quote:
http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=142473

Old Posted Aug 8, 2008, 2:55 AM

If anyone's wondering what City Base South, that Miaht mentioned, it's a 71 acre (first phase) development at 410 and Southon Rd.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2008, 3:44 AM

Detention pond...is that where they hold shoplifters until the police arrive?

Old Posted Aug 8, 2008, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanshirt View Post
I'm not sure if I have this straight, but as I understand it, the phases for the redevelopment of Rivercenter is the Joske's building in phase I, the mall in phase II, and the hotel in phase III? Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
From the SA Partnership website:
"The large project has been developed in three phases, the first being the update of the mall entrances and the river front façade. Because of its location the design needed to be sensitive to the historic preservation of the river and its surroundings. The use of local materials and the addition of multiple terraces helped in approving the Phase I design with San Antonio’s Historic and Design Review Commission along with the integration of several five star restaurants such as: Capital Grill, Oceanaire, and Cantina Laredo. Phase II of the project will bring the Joske’s building back to its original form by uncovering the windows and ornate brick front, while the last phase will be to create a luxury hotel to replace one of the parking garages and expanding another parking structure. Once completed, these three phases will help in creating a better atmosphere for pedestrian traffic and tourism along one of the city’s most attractive destinations."

so i guess phase II is Joskes.

Old Posted Aug 8, 2008, 1:46 PM

Ok, so I had phases I and II backwards. Thanks for straightening that out.

Unfortunately, that means the Joske's is probably gonna sit vacant for a year or more

Old Posted Aug 8, 2008, 2:35 PM
Closed account

Last edited by KeepSanAntonioLame; Aug 8, 2008 at 7:28 PM.

Old Posted Aug 10, 2008, 1:02 PM
COGSADCAJA, VP and CGO

for the sprawl thread, a story about SA's sprawl from the EN:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/env...awling100.html

Old Posted Aug 12, 2008, 8:21 PM

8/12/2008
Quote:
SAN ANTONIO (San Antonio Express-News) – Alaskan developer CIRI Land Development Co. has broken ground on a mixed-use project at 1400 Sonterra Blvd. and US 281.

The 21.5-acre site will be a pedestrian-friendly layout with trees and green spaces, two hotels, two restaurants and an environmentally friendly office space.

The first component of the project will be a 126-key Hyatt Place hotel, which is set for completion in early 2009.

The Class-A office space will consist of three buildings totaling 600,000 sf. CIRI is also seeking LEED certification for the space.

The mixed-use site is across from the Methodist Stone Oak Hospital.

Cross & Co. will handle leasing for the project.
found at
ReCenter @TAMU

Last edited by miaht82; Aug 12, 2008 at 8:40 PM.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2008, 9:09 PM

^^^ Its amazing how fast that area is "densifying", relatively speaking.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2008, 1:33 AM
James

No, it's true, that area is really dense.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2008, 2:18 AM

Quote:
No, it's true, that area is really dense.
Stone Oak itself is dense, I was thinking more of the larger 281/1604 area a little east of there, which still includes significant undeveloped space, including a large quarry. This is rapidly changing, of course. I can still remember when there was just a Wal-Mart, a few fast food places, and the SACU building around that intersection.

Also, judging by SA's track record of reusing old quarries, I'm sure that one will eventually end up being something awesome. Personally, I'm hoping for mixed-use with mid-rise apartments and a transit center

Old Posted Aug 13, 2008, 3:21 AM

Speaking of Stone Oak. I found this gif on another site that shows the Stone Oak area in the mid 90's versus the Google Map aerial from 2005.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2008, 12:02 AM

August 14, 2008
Live at Port San Antonio

If you've ever wanted to live on a port, keep your eye on Port San Antonio.

Officials there have set aside more than 200 acres to develop a mixed-use project called the Kelly Town Center.

Of course, this will not only be good for those day dreaming of port living, but for people on or near the area who want some shops, restaurant and office space.

"We've got a real prime piece of property that, when developed, will make the Port a quality place to live, work and play," said Bruce Miller, president and CEO of Port San Antonio, in a newsletter.

Officials held a first planning meeting earlier this month, and will hold several more until December. Construction on the town center is expected to begin around 2010.

— Creighton A. Welch
http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblog...n_antonio.html

Any other info on this? It seems like I may have heard something about this a few months ago, but I don't remember if it was on here or somewhere else.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2008, 2:48 AM

I posted a Kelly Town Center thread three months ago.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/showthread.php?t=150849

Old Posted Aug 15, 2008, 2:51 AM

Here is some additional information:

Quote:
Finally, the Port will solicit proposals from interested and capable real estate developers and investors to determine the best value added approach for the Port to carry out the desired development. Starting this summer, the first two planning steps should be finished by December 2008. Selection of a real estate developer(s) would be made by the Port in 2009. Development is expected to commence in 2010 and extend over a period of years.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio