HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Old Posted Jul 12, 2019, 3:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berklon View Post
Yea, just labeling it "luxury" doesn't automatically make it worth the price.

I'm looking at MLS and I see a bunch of great 1BR rental units of similar size in downtown Toronto - near the harbor... priced between $1,900 and $2.400. The buildings are new and can easily be considered "luxury" as well. That's Toronto.. and is like a 5-10 minute away from everything - jobs, shopping, beach, restaurants, bars, Union Station and TTC.

I like the Locke Condos, I don't see how this can be priced higher than very similar units in Toronto - which has MUCH more to offer due to location/economy.
I agree that it's expensive, but I think it's hard to compare Hamilton to Toronto for rental prices because although Toronto as a city has alot more to offer and has a bigger population it also has way more supply of new (luxury?) condos. Hamilton hasn't been building new condo towers at pace for the past 10-15 years like Toronto has. We've only really started to see new buildings in the past 5 or so years and really only a handful of projects. If you compare this building with some of the towers built in the 70s in that area $2500 starts to make a little more sense.

Old Posted Jul 14, 2019, 1:53 AM

At the end of the day these are private units being rented out by owner ....they can literally ask any price they want ...if someone is willing to pay they will ....if not then the owner will acknowledge and change the price ....that's how this works ...

Old Posted Aug 25, 2019, 7:44 PM
Forever forward.

Pictures from yesterday:

Old Posted Aug 26, 2019, 12:42 AM

I like this one. Remarkably similar to the render.

Thanks for all the updates!

Old Posted Aug 26, 2019, 2:04 AM

Where are all the street trees

Why did they decide to do all of Locke and not put in any trees. This building especially would look really good in a few years with some mature trees.

My goal is to improve my community, the transit we use to get around it, and the health and happiness of everyone in it, and I realize these are all interconnected.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2019, 2:25 AM
Forever forward.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRitsman View Post
Where are all the street trees

Why did they decide to do all of Locke and not put in any trees. This building especially would look really good in a few years with some mature trees.
This a bit off topic from the purpose of the thread, 101 Locke, but since you bring it up, the current quality of workmanship (current because I'm not sure if it's going to get a second layer of paving) of Locke repaving is very poor. Here are some pictures I took of big gaps and jumps from the road to the sidewalks, drains, driveways, etc. Not very accessibility friendly.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2019, 2:43 AM
Ham-Bur-gher

That is typical of street reconstruction. It will get a final layer of asphalt -- the new road may need to settle for a while first, and if they're still doing work farther south it also makes sense to wait until most of the construction equipment is off the entire street.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2019, 12:44 PM

Yup^ definitely not the final layer

Old Posted Aug 26, 2019, 7:04 PM
Bruatalism gets no respec

was at The West Town last nite. here's what Locke and I think Aberdeen looked like.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2019, 6:28 AM

well I must say I currently love ALMOST everything on this building - very classy looking. The part I point out may still be completed, it may not - I noticed there are some patchwork parts on the bottom of the balconies on the south side, so we'll see, but I'll point them out anyways, where they filled in the holes of the coreslab. Everywhere else on the building this part has been covered in black, but this part remains exposed and you can see where they patched over the holes and it just makes it look unfinished compared to the militantly pristine exterior of the rest of the building.. not sure what they plan to do here but it looks bad. I hope this gets covered in black like the rest or gets a uniform concrete coloured coat or something. Don't leave it all patchy..

As for trees, honestly it doesn't look like there is any room FOR trees.. that and those recessed commercial areas don't need to be covered up any more imo..

Chron Online Riddle: http://www.chronriddles.com

Old Posted Aug 31, 2019, 11:16 AM

I just like street trees. Mature trees give a lot of depth to a street, make it feel more enjoyable and help with mental health and walkability.

Being in Amsterdam right now, and having been in Montreal a few weeks ago, make our street tree canopy look like a joke.

My goal is to improve my community, the transit we use to get around it, and the health and happiness of everyone in it, and I realize these are all interconnected.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton