HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jan 6, 2017, 2:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drofmab View Post
Divorce is putting it kindly.
Landlord/tenant/insurance/contractor "disagreement" is likely the best way it can be described.

Though they like the location & the clientele, Table 10 was not sad to leave. Not a bit.
The property was sold just after they left.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2017, 8:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutallyDishonest2 View Post
The property was sold just after they left.
Was Sperling the seller or buyer? Either way, Table10 & insurance companies involved in the repair were getting pretty fed up with the building owner... delays, "interesting" quotes, etc. The choas didn't help retain Table10 as tenants (Table10 would likely say they were forced out).

Old Posted Jan 10, 2017, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drofmab View Post
Was Sperling the seller or buyer? Either way, Table10 & insurance companies involved in the repair were getting pretty fed up with the building owner... delays, "interesting" quotes, etc. The choas didn't help retain Table10 as tenants (Table10 would likely say they were forced out).
I don't know if he was the seller but he wasn't the buyer.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2017, 1:59 AM

Old Posted Jan 20, 2017, 2:49 AM

I wonder how many pining for Fuddruckers go to the one is Saskatoon once in a while or are they just basing it on nostalgia? I've been to the Saskatoon a few times over the years. Are people actually missing the melted cheese sauce that much?

Old Posted Jan 20, 2017, 3:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappcam View Post
I wonder how many pining for Fuddruckers go to the one is Saskatoon once in a while or are they just basing it on nostalgia? I've been to the Saskatoon a few times over the years. Are people actually missing the melted cheese sauce that much?
100% nostalgia here. Have never been to the one in saskatoon. Don't remember why I loved it as a kid but I did. I am sure I will be disappointed but it doesn't make me any less excited.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2017, 4:34 AM

Wait, how big is the new Fuddruckers? That looks pretty small.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2017, 4:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappcam View Post
I don't pine for Fuddrucker's but I am glad they're back! Now we gotta see if this is the same or better, compared to both Saskatoon's location and Regina's past one -- let's hope for better. When we do get to back to Saskatoon from time to time, our last stop before gassing up at Grasswoods is usually at Fudd's, if not for a pretty decent supper (Hey! I have a cast iron stomach some will say!), to purchase a whole apple and/or banana cream pie for bringing home and a dozen oatmeal chocolate chip/raisin cookies for the road!

Old Posted Jan 20, 2017, 6:03 AM

Tamarind

For those interested in more classy cuisine than Fuddruckers, there is another new Indian restaurant opened in Regina, this one focuses on more southern cuisine:

http://www.tamarindregina.com

The menu’s “chef’s specials” section reflects the recipes Paily and Vilavinal grew up with in Kerala, southern India.

http://leaderpost.com/life/food/take...nd-on-rochdale

credit: LP

Old Posted Jan 20, 2017, 6:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festivus View Post
Judging by the size of the cars in Earthview Google maps compared to their location, it seems pretty sizeable. Earlier in December, when I was shopping at Visions, I could see into the restaurant (no paper lining the windows, the floor was visible, no furniture yet) and it seemed like ample space. It might be totally different after filling it up with all the fixtures and furniture, though.

https://www.google.ca/maps/@50.44835...!3m1!1e3?hl=en

If the scale at the bottom right of the map is correct, Fuddrucker's building envelope measures 40 m x 18.75 m (131 ft x 61.5 ft), with inside dimensions slightly smaller.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2017, 2:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festivus View Post
I was inside and it is smaller than Saskatoon but not tiny. Very much 50's diner style inside. It is also supposed to have a patio.

Old Posted Jan 20, 2017, 9:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
I was inside and it is smaller than Saskatoon but not tiny. Very much 50's diner style inside. It is also supposed to have a patio.
Deriving the size of Saskatoon's Fudd's from the Google Maps scale again, it looks similar in size to Regina's, both very roughly at 7500 sq.ft., (range from 7000 to 8000 sq.ft., fudging around irregular, exterior walls), with Saskatoon's location being more or less square, and Regina's being more or less rectangular.

I guess interior roominess is dependent on the space proportions allotted between kitchen/patrons/washroom/reception or foyer/etc. areas, as well as differences between the design layouts regarding accessibility/functionality for both employees and patrons on differently shaped floorplates (square vs rectangular).

Old Posted Jan 27, 2017, 4:29 PM
#1 King Champ

That Tamarind restaurant certainly is more exciting than Fudds. Thank you!

Old Posted Jan 30, 2017, 12:05 AM

Superstore East

I see A Bar Burrito is coming. Never eaten there, but it looks like a nice option and the first in Sask. I believe...

Old Posted Feb 22, 2017, 7:19 PM

There is a sign up on the form Michi on Scarth indicating that Sakura Sushi is opening soon.

Old Posted Feb 22, 2017, 7:33 PM
arf

^Nice.

Does anyone know if anything is going on in the old Pita Pit/Greenspot? There's been some workers in there recently.

-- “We heal each other with kindness, gentleness and respect.” -- Richard Wagamese
-- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” -- Dr. Seuss

Old Posted Feb 22, 2017, 9:22 PM

Fired Up Grill

I noticed that the Houston Pizza on Park at Vic is now a Fired Up Grill. I guess there is one is Estevan. Anyone been?

Old Posted Feb 25, 2017, 2:43 AM

Regina finally had an authentic Mexican restaurant. Chachalacas from Regina Beach has opened a location in the City on Quance.

Good news! We are opening today at 4pm.

Thank you so much for your support! (We're where the Breakfast Bistro used to be: at 3283 East Quance Street.)

https://m.facebook.com/Chachalacasreginabeach/

Old Posted Feb 26, 2017, 5:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityboy View Post
I noticed that the Houston Pizza on Park at Vic is now a Fired Up Grill. I guess there is one is Estevan. Anyone been?
I've been to the one in Estevan and if this one is anything like that, it will be good. The prices were good, the portions were good and the food was good.

I haven't tried the one on Park street yet but hope to soon.

Old Posted Mar 1, 2017, 5:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Regina finally had an authentic Mexican restaurant. Chachalacas from Regina Beach has opened a location in the City on Quance.

Good news! We are opening today at 4pm.

Thank you so much for your support! (We're where the Breakfast Bistro used to be: at 3283 East Quance Street.)

https://m.facebook.com/Chachalacasreginabeach/
This is awesome news. I will definitely be trying this out soon!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan