HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Mar 25, 2018, 8:37 PM

Inside Look at Frost Tower

Friends: I was at private event at the Frost Tower this afternoon - you should see the media later today/early tomorrow.

Here's my GDrive folder (I'm not a great photog, but these will give you some insight): https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...gd?usp=sharing

It's coming along nicely. We visited the lobby, 2nd floor, and 11th floor.

Floorplates feel expansive. Height is impressive for what I first thought. Being up on 11 feels good.

Tops out in June 2018. Grand Opening set for March 20, 2019.

Hopefully, will be going up again in near future and can grab pics of higher floors.

Cheers.

Panoramic from the 11th floor facing east:

Old Posted Mar 25, 2018, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by @sabydesign View Post
Friends: I was at private event at the Frost Tower this afternoon - you should see the media later today/early tomorrow.

Here's my GDrive folder (I'm not a great photog, but these will give you some insight): https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...gd?usp=sharing

It's coming along nicely. We visited the lobby, 2nd floor, and 11th floor.

Floorplates feel expansive. Height is impressive for what I first thought. Being up on 11 feels good.

Tops out in June 2018. Grand Opening set for March 20, 2019.

Hopefully, will be going up again in near future and can grab pics of higher floors.

Cheers.

Panoramic from the 11th floor facing east:

Thank you.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2018, 1:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fryguy View Post
Thank you.
My pleasure. Added a few more pics to the Drive.

Also, they had this really cool VR simulation of walking around on the roof. Clark Construction was demo'ing it for guests. I don't like heights, so this made it easier for me, getting to explore the roof from the lobby.

It was a great experience. A TON of care has gone into the development of this structure. I anticipate it will catalyze even more companies and developers to build up in downtown SA.

Great job, all involved!

upload image to webside

Old Posted Mar 26, 2018, 8:59 AM

Quote:
My pleasure. Added a few more pics to the Drive.

Also, they had this really cool VR simulation of walking around on the roof. Clark Construction was demo'ing it for guests. I don't like heights, so this made it easier for me, getting to explore the roof from the lobby.

It was a great experience. A TON of care has gone into the development of this structure. I anticipate it will catalyze even more companies and developers to build up in downtown SA.

Great job, all involved!

upload image to webside
Thanks again! I was wondering - did do they have a date set for the topping out ceremony? Did you see a significant difference between the size of the floor (sq ft) from floor 2 and floor 11? The building's floor space is supposed to be smaller as the floors increase, that's why I ask.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2018, 11:37 AM
JACKinBeantown

Nice @sabydesign!

I've been curious about those red stairs. They're obviously permanent but they're not fire stairs. Do you know if they're only for the Frost portion of the tower? That would allow Frost employees to take the stairs if they're only going a few floors (or more) without encroaching on the other tenants' space.

Did they mention anything about the apparent gap in the floorplate on the north side of the 15th floor? Double-height conference room or something?

This may be the first building where the crown really is a crown.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2018, 12:52 PM

Old Posted Mar 26, 2018, 2:35 PM

Quote:
Thanks again! I was wondering - did do they have a date set for the topping out ceremony? Did you see a significant difference between the size of the floor (sq ft) from floor 2 and floor 11? The building's floor space is supposed to be smaller as the floors increase, that's why I ask.
I am working on getting the topping out date/ceremony info. I am pushing the developer to do one.

I did not notice a difference. It seems as though the size difference is nominal as you get higher - a 1,000 or so square feet - which is not very obvious, at least to me. The floors feel vast, which will change with furnishings and build out, but for now, they feel BIG.

Quick note: I asked one of the contractors on site about the floor heights. He mentioned that other than the lobby, floor heights range from 12'3" to 12'9".

Old Posted Mar 26, 2018, 2:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post
Nice @sabydesign!

I've been curious about those red stairs. They're obviously permanent but they're not fire stairs. Do you know if they're only for the Frost portion of the tower? That would allow Frost employees to take the stairs if they're only going a few floors (or more) without encroaching on the other tenants' space.

Did they mention anything about the apparent gap in the floorplate on the north side of the 15th floor? Double-height conference room or something?

This may be the first building where the crown really is a crown.
Exactly on the stairs!

And the 15th, we didn't visit, so it didn't occur to me to ask. If I get another chance to go up, I will.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2018, 2:57 PM

Hey sabydesign,

keep me posted on a topping out party, I think I should be there to photograph the event!!!

Old Posted Mar 26, 2018, 5:27 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Model View Post
Hey sabydesign,

keep me posted on a topping out party, I think I should be there to photograph the event!!!
(like button)

Old Posted Mar 26, 2018, 5:32 PM
James

Quote:
Hey sabydesign,

to quote jack, (like button)

Old Posted Mar 26, 2018, 6:15 PM

Quote:
I am working on getting the topping out date/ceremony info. I am pushing the developer to do one.

I did not notice a difference. It seems as though the size difference is nominal as you get higher - a 1,000 or so square feet - which is not very obvious, at least to me. The floors feel vast, which will change with furnishings and build out, but for now, they feel BIG.

Quick note: I asked one of the contractors on site about the floor heights. He mentioned that other than the lobby, floor heights range from 12'3" to 12'9".
I thought it was 15 ft per floor. Interesting.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2018, 6:16 PM

Quote:
Hey sabydesign,

You bet! I'll relay any info I get access to - assuming there's no strict NDA.

Cheers, friends!

Old Posted Mar 26, 2018, 6:19 PM

Quote:

One more thing - did they mention anything regarding the tower lighting at night? Any colors?

Old Posted Mar 26, 2018, 6:59 PM

This is a great read! The rendering of the Frost Tower used in the article looks a bit different, a bit more blue and filled in on top, which looks so much nicer. It's a really nice picture.

http://rebusinessonline.com/new-bree...office-market/

Edit: I take it back. While I like the blue coloring in the rendering used in the article, it is a bit off; especially the last floor is shown, where the Frost logo is seen covering parts of the floor an the crown is a bit shorter.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2018, 8:00 PM

Quote:
This is a great read! The rendering of the Frost Tower used in the article looks a bit different, a bit more blue and filled in on top, which looks so much nicer. It's a really nice picture.

http://rebusinessonline.com/new-bree...office-market/

Edit: I take it back. While I like the blue coloring in the rendering used in the article, it is a bit off; especially the last floor is shown, where the Frost logo is seen covering parts of the floor an the crown is a bit shorter.
I actually posted this same article already in another thread the other day.

If I'm not mistaken that rendering is from like January 2016, definitely an earlier rendering.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2018, 8:37 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
I thought it was 15 ft per floor. Interesting.
Maybe he was talking about from floor to ceiling, without taking into account the thickness of the floor plates.

Quote:
...where the Frost logo is seen covering parts of the floor an the crown is a bit shorter.
The top floor seems to be a mechanical floor, so it wouldn't matter if the logo is covering it.

https://thefrosttower.com/wp-content.../01/Before.jpg

Old Posted Mar 27, 2018, 2:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA_Pride28 View Post
I actually posted this same article already in another thread the other day.

If I'm not mistaken that rendering is from like January 2016, definitely an earlier rendering.
Maybe July? All the plans came out in July of 2016.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2018, 2:52 AM
Meh

Quote:
Hey sabydesign,

Hear, hear.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2018, 3:32 AM

Quote:
Maybe July? All the plans came out in July of 2016.
Oops yeah. One of the J months.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio