HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 6:06 AM

Oooooh! Neato!

Everyone I hope this is successful!

https://therivardreport.com/commonwe...n-san-antonio/

Old Posted Mar 21, 2017, 1:46 PM
James

I tweeted them, they open at the end of next month!

Old Posted May 10, 2017, 4:43 AM

Big Bend Brewing Company

http://www.sacurrent.com/Flavor/arch...mentation-fans

It looks like we now have the location of the proposed Big Bend Brewery:

Quote:
It is also the spirit that inspired Big Bend Brewing Company to come in from Alpine to host a hangout of their own on the afternoon of Saturday, May 20, posting up in the parking lot of their new building (located at 1310 Cornerway) to share some desert-brewed beverages and start to settle in to their second home. According to operations vice president Mahala Guevara, SA’s welcoming, ever-ascendant beer culture is the perfect second home for a brewery founded by Steve Anderson, the godfather of Texas craft beer.

“There’s so many interesting people doing such interesting things in SA,” Guevara said. “The wider national culture may not have realized that yet, but it’s just going to be a couple of years before they do. We’d like to grow our brewery and our business in that kind of vibrant, lively economy and culture.”

Old Posted Jul 1, 2017, 11:36 PM

Seems a good place as any to post this

https://therivardreport.com/2-5-mill...g-to-eastside/

A food and entertainment park project on the Eastside is set to open by January 2018, just in time for the city’s Tricentennial celebrations. The empty lot on 201 Burnet Street is close to the Hays Street Bridge and Alamo Beer Company.

“The food park will be open seven days a week,” said developer Mike Guerrero, a partner with StrEat Park LLC, which includes his brother Joe Guerrero and colleague Chris Morales. They estimate the project will cost $2.5 million. “This development is approved as an official Tricentennial site and we will host one event a month during [the year-long celebration].”

Brooklyn StrEat Food Park, nestled between Austin Street and Brooklyn Avenue, will host nine food trucks weekly, a three-story deck that will let customers eat, relax, practice yoga, and enjoy live music on all levels. The rooftop portion of the deck includes a view of downtown and the Tower of the Americas.

Old Posted Jul 2, 2017, 2:56 AM

KENS 5-
San Antonio adding more towers, lights to ever-changing skyline

http://on.kens5.com/2tdjAwW

Old Posted Jul 2, 2017, 10:57 PM

That BOA tower lighting is awesome.

Things will be great when you're downtown.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2017, 1:52 PM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Shake Shack will open at the end of this month.

Old Posted Aug 15, 2017, 4:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirkingwilliam View Post
Shake Shack will open at the end of this month.
{like button}

Old Posted Nov 11, 2017, 8:58 PM
Loving SA 365 days a year

SECOND SA AREA SHAKE SHACK OPENING IN MIDTOWN

The new Shake Shack will be built on the site of long abandoned gas station next to the Kiddie Park on Broadway in Upper Midtown.

Old Posted Nov 15, 2017, 1:37 AM

{tremendously huge like button}

Old Posted Nov 15, 2017, 4:36 AM
James

I saw the site plans. The building will face the Broadway and Mullberry. Woot!

Old Posted Mar 22, 2018, 3:48 PM
James

[URL="https://www.bizjournals.com/sanantonio/news/2018/03/22/downtown-sa-spot-among-100-best-restaurants-in.html"Battalion among "100 Best Restaurants in America"[/URL]

Quote:
The list was compiled using more than 12 million reviews from OpenTable and defined qualified restaurants as those selected as a "hot spot" for special features. Battalion, at 604 S. Alamo St., is an upscale Italian restaurant in a restored fire station.

The top 100 restaurants hailed from 24 states and Washington, D.C., with California having the most listmakers with 18. Texas had seven restaurants on the list — two each in Austin and Houston, one in San Antonio, one in Dallas and one in Plano.
Good for them!

Old Posted Aug 17, 2018, 8:06 PM

I ate at Playland today. It was tasty and the Maverick Building looks really nice!

Old Posted Jan 29, 2019, 6:21 PM

Market Barbeque Set to Open at 281 and Bitters in San Antonio

Click the following link to check out it out! Market Barbeque is delicious and is currently located near Brooks City Base! I'm so excited, anyone else?

https://content.foresitecre.com/blog

Old Posted Jan 30, 2019, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpan123 View Post
Click the following link to check out it out! Market Barbeque is delicious and is currently located near Brooks City Base! I'm so excited, anyone else?

https://content.foresitecre.com/blog
It's pretty good, but there are several local spots that are better. My backyard being one of them.

Old Posted Dec 16, 2019, 10:06 PM
JACKinBeantown

Hey guys, I'm going to be in SA over the holidays and I'm meeting up with a female friend for lunch. But I've lived outside of SA so long that I don't know where to go. I want to take her to a place that's nice but not fancy-schmancy (no suit and tie or anything like that), with a good lunch menu and a nice atmosphere. It can be downtown, Alamo Heights, southtown, that general area. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Old Posted Dec 16, 2019, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post
Hey guys, I'm going to be in SA over the holidays and I'm meeting up with a female friend for lunch. But I've lived outside of SA so long that I don't know where to go. I want to take her to a place that's nice but not fancy-schmancy (no suit and tie or anything like that), with a good lunch menu and a nice atmosphere. It can be downtown, Alamo Heights, southtown, that general area. Any suggestions? Thanks!
La Gloria at the Pearl is good Mexican street tacos. Botika is there too. Hell, the Pearl in general, as they have a nice food hall as well.

If you're willing to go to the East Side, on Rigsby, there is Pollos Asados, which has BBQ chicken asados style, and is very good. It's between 410 and WW White, so easy access. You can get a burger there too, and some other things, but the chicken meal is the star.

Quarry Market has some good options. I like the Coyote Canyon there myself.

Hope you have a good time.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2019, 1:12 PM
JACKinBeantown

Thanks, Restless One!

Old Posted Dec 17, 2019, 4:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Restless One View Post
La Gloria at the Pearl is good Mexican street tacos. Botika is there too. Hell, the Pearl in general, as they have a nice food hall as well.

If you're willing to go to the East Side, on Rigsby, there is Pollos Asados, which has BBQ chicken asados style, and is very good. It's between 410 and WW White, so easy access. You can get a burger there too, and some other things, but the chicken meal is the star.

Quarry Market has some good options. I like the Coyote Canyon there myself.

Hope you have a good time.
Do you mean "Canyon Café"? It's a family favorite of ours (the kids used to call it "the fire place".

BUT, Jack, if you haven't been to SA in a while, I second the recommendation for anything at The Pearl, as the atmosphere can't be beat. There is also a vegetarian option there - Green - that is good (though I prefer it's old location near Five Points).

Speaking of Five Points, the Cove near San Antonio College is a good, casual, and funky place.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2019, 5:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montirob View Post
Do you mean "Canyon Café"? It's a family favorite of ours (the kids used to call it "the fire place".

BUT, Jack, if you haven't been to SA in a while, I second the recommendation for anything at The Pearl, as the atmosphere can't be beat. There is also a vegetarian option there - Green - that is good (though I prefer it's old location near Five Points).

Speaking of Five Points, the Cove near San Antonio College is a good, casual, and funky place.
Yup, sure did. Canyon Cafe. Thanks.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio