HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 6:49 PM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityboy View Post
Perhaps Hillberg and Berk moves into the corner vacated by Metalsmiths? I also noticed that Aldo's Accessory location is boarded up...
I was just in the mall at lunch and have a bit to add... Aldo accessories has their sign down along with being boarded up... As the Also group still has 3 storefronts it's not exactly surprising to seem them shave off one of the 4.

Town Shoes is boarded up; my guess is they move into the Aldo Accessories space... maybe... it's a similar size.

That now means the following spaces are boarded up: Metalsmiths, Aldo Accessories, former Second Cup, Bentley, former Danier, the Source, Town Shoes, and the former Chatters. I didn't check to see if it was boarded up, but the first floor space that used to be a jewellery shop right next to Smitty's is also vacant after Calendar Club left following the Christmas season.

And I'm not sure I could see Hillberg & Berk taking a traditional space. They do quite well with their small boutique footprint, which I'm sure is much cheaper than a permanent store spot.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 7:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I was just in the mall at lunch and have a bit to add... Aldo accessories has their sign down along with being boarded up... As the Also group still has 3 storefronts it's not exactly surprising to seem them shave off one of the 4.

Town Shoes is boarded up; my guess is they move into the Aldo Accessories space... maybe... it's a similar size.

That now means the following spaces are boarded up: Metalsmiths, Aldo Accessories, former Second Cup, Bentley, former Danier, the Source, Town Shoes, and the former Chatters. I didn't check to see if it was boarded up, but the first floor space that used to be a jewellery shop right next to Smitty's is also vacant after Calendar Club left following the Christmas season.

Any sign of renos in the Second Cup? Tims will need to move before they can do whatever they are doing with the SE corner.

And I'm not sure I could see Hillberg & Berk taking a traditional space. They do quite well with their small boutique footprint, which I'm sure is much cheaper than a permanent store spot.
Any sign of renos in the Second Cup Space? Tim's will need to move before they can get on with the plan for the SE corner.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 8:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
Any sign of renos in the Second Cup Space? Tim's will need to move before they can get on with the plan for the SE corner.
I haven't seen/heard any construction noise from that space - but I also didn't see/hear any such noise in the space that the Source is now in... so I may just be inattentive

Old Posted Jan 31, 2017, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormer View Post
H&M can't come soon enough.
H&M just announced a new Winnipeg location yesterday... maybe we can expect a Regina announcement soon.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2017, 11:53 PM

big Reno's coming to Cornwall Centre

http://cjme.com/article/1141829/big-...ady-new-tenant

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by micheal View Post
big Reno's coming to Cornwall Centre

http://cjme.com/article/1141829/big-...ady-new-tenant
I'm curious what the other tenants besides H&M might be. Any ideas?

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 5:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brithgob View Post
I'm curious what the other tenants besides H&M might be. Any ideas?
That's what I'm wondering. They announced Saje Wellness (beside Sephora, so old Metalsmiths I guess) the other day. So is it two more in addition to that?

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 6:23 AM

I can't see them putting town shoes next to aldo in the Aldo accessories spot. That wouldn't make sense.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 6:23 AM

Also, I wonder if any tenants will be moved to the sasktel side.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 8:18 AM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_brick_at_a_time View Post
I can't see them putting town shoes next to aldo in the Aldo accessories spot. That wouldn't make sense.
Looking on the Town Shoes Website, Regina is no longer listed, so I'm thinking it's safe to say it's not going to reopen. They still have DSW in Grasslands anyway.

Quote:
Also, I wonder if any tenants will be moved to the sasktel side.
It would be nice to fill that side of the mall out with something other than travel agencies, security offices, or medical/dental services...

However, it's going to take a store with some solid drawing power to make that side of the mall work, so I'm not sure about it.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 4:16 PM

Yeah, Nathan, I agree, they do need a strong anchor to bring life to that side. Town shoes never seemed to be incredibly busy to me, and also found their Regina Cornwall store lacking in comparison to here in Toronto. Also their prices are higher than Aldo so maybe it wasn't a successful expansion to our market.

If Cornwall Centre expanded to the north they could build a two floor expansion right up to Sask drive, moving the Sask Drive entrance right up to the ugly rusted Cornwall Centre sign and then move the washrooms and expand on the second floor. That would allow them room for another main floor larger tenant, and another one or two second floor tenant right above.

There is no need for that giant concrete plaza at the north side of the mall that isn't even landscaped with anything or any trees.

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 8:50 PM

Quote:
Yeah, Nathan, I agree, they do need a strong anchor to bring life to that side. Town shoes never seemed to be incredibly busy to me, and also found their Regina Cornwall store lacking in comparison to here in Toronto. Also their prices are higher than Aldo so maybe it wasn't a successful expansion to our market.

If Cornwall Centre expanded to the north they could build a two floor expansion right up to Sask drive, moving the Sask Drive entrance right up to the ugly rusted Cornwall Centre sign and then move the washrooms and expand on the second floor. That would allow them room for another main floor larger tenant, and another one or two second floor tenant right above.

There is no need for that giant concrete plaza at the north side of the mall that isn't even landscaped with anything or any trees.
I agree that it is the most hideous plaza in Regina. Concrete walls, empty tree boxes and flower beds, lot of exposed aggregate and worn out concrete paving stones.

It is so bad I took a bunch of photos a few year ago. I doubt I can find them though.

Streetview: https://www.google.ca/maps/place/188...!6m1!1e1?hl=en

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 10:14 PM

As announced on Southland Mall's website and makes sense as they were just booted out of the Cornwall Centre.

Regina
Southland Mall
Opening Spring 2017!

http://www.southlandshoppingcentre.com/

http://www.qehomelinens.com/storelocations.htm

Old Posted Feb 7, 2017, 10:36 PM

So can someone currently tell me the "list" of storefronts currently closed in the Cornwall Centre?

Here is the floor plan from the 20 VIC website, last updated Sept 2015...

http://www.20vic.com/retailpdf/Cornwall%20Centre.pdf

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 12:52 AM

Cornwall renovations

Looks like work has started in the former Birks, Metalsmiths and Second Cup locations. Was in there tonight and there is full demo happening where Second Cup was.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 12:58 AM

Quote:
So can someone currently tell me the "list" of storefronts currently closed in the Cornwall Centre?

Here is the floor plan from the 20 VIC website, last updated Sept 2015...

http://www.20vic.com/retailpdf/Cornwall%20Centre.pdf
Metalsmiths
Aldo Accessories
Danier Leather
Former Chatters
Second Cup
Bentley
Birks
Town Shoes
Former Source
Either Garage or Dynamite(can't remember which, but just renovating)
Soon to be HMV

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 1:03 AM

Downtown retail

A place called 30 minute Repair has opened in the former Art of Travel on 11th and Cornwall. Looks like they fix cellphone screens and sell all manner of accessories. It actually looks like a very well planned out and viable business. I'm happy to see continued activity downtown. Every store that opens and stays open helps bring that critical mass that will in turn help with residential projects etc.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 2:01 AM

According to their website (irepair.ca) they have eight stores located in BC and Ontario.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 2:06 AM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityboy View Post
Metalsmiths
Aldo Accessories
Danier Leather
Former Chatters
Second Cup
Bentley
Birks
Town Shoes
Former Source
Either Garage or Dynamite(can't remember which, but just renovating)
Soon to be HMV
+Smitty's within the mall and Havik/Yoga Mala "outside".

And it's Garage. Dynamite closed down within the last year for their own reno as well though I think.

And after Telus moves to the old Danier, the current Telus will be the one boarded up. Presumably the same thing with the Second Cup space/Timmy's.

One Brick also had me thinking of the Sasktel side... One new retailer that would be a big enough draw to invigorate that side of the mall... Victoria's Secret (if they ever decided to come to Regina).

Edit: The reno also has me thinking... I wonder if they'll rework the entrance enough to create a direct door to the outside from Timmy's (assuming they move to the Second Cup space). Would allow them to stay open longer if they wanted to.

Last edited by Nathan; Feb 8, 2017 at 2:16 AM.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2017, 3:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
+Smitty's within the mall and Havik/Yoga Mala "outside".

And it's Garage. Dynamite closed down within the last year for their own reno as well though I think.

And after Telus moves to the old Danier, the current Telus will be the one boarded up. Presumably the same thing with the Second Cup space/Timmy's.

One Brick also had me thinking of the Sasktel side... One new retailer that would be a big enough draw to invigorate that side of the mall... Victoria's Secret (if they ever decided to come to Regina).

Edit: The reno also has me thinking... I wonder if they'll rework the entrance enough to create a direct door to the outside from Timmy's (assuming they move to the Second Cup space). Would allow them to stay open longer if they wanted to.
Yeah, I feel like the Sasktel side needs one big huge draw like a Victoria Secret and Starbucks. I also want a Cinnabon in the Cornwall Centre.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan