HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Mar 15, 2010, 6:03 AM
Meh

City eyeing five projects on East Side

Quote:
Web Posted: 03/10/2010 6:51 CST
City eyeing five projects on East Side

By Josh Baugh
- Express-News

Redesigning the Willow Springs Golf Course, allowing for 40 acres of developable land adjacent to the AT&T Center, is one of five “key catalytic projects” that the city is eying to help revitalize the East Side.

City staffers presented the list during a City Council briefing Wednesday.

Other projects include a potential partnership with the owners of the historic Friedrich Building to adapt it for office, administrative and commercial use, Deputy City Manager Pat DiGiovanni said. The city is also working with the owners of the vacant Mega Warehouse to find a use for that building, DiGiovanni said.

Other projects include a planning process for the Walters Street corridor, which will be the main gateway to Fort Sam Houston, he said, and potential commercial opportunities for the San Antonio Housing Authority's Sutton Homes project along Interstate 35.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...East_Side.html

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Mar 17, 2010, 6:55 AM
Meh

Quote:
Web Posted: 03/15/2010 12:00 CDT
Mission is far from accomplished on E. Side

Scott Stroud -

When Councilwoman Ivy Taylor responded to a City Council update on the push for East Side reinvestment last week by saying the initiative “has really been tremendous,” I cringed a little.

She followed with a long list of thank-yous, which is when I started to wonder if a “Mission Accomplished” banner might be hanging in the room.

But Taylor kept going, and soon it was clear that she knows as well as anyone that efforts to revitalize one of the most neglected parts of the city have reached a critical juncture. In fact, the period we're now in may be more important than anything that has happened so far.

It's the lull after the splash, the point where follow-through by city officials — and, more importantly, developers and investors — either happens or it doesn't. If a report is going to land on a shelf and gather dust, this is usually when we toss it there.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/loc...on_E_Side.html

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Sep 28, 2010, 4:03 PM
Let's Eat!

This is a big concern I think for SA. Along with the lack of development on the 410 corridor from W.W. White til you get to Roosevelt. Any ideas on how they could spurce up those fairly vaccant areas of town? I'll even go first. (As if you didnt see that coming )

I personally would like the portion of 410 from I-37 to WW White to be some kind of manufacturing,industrial grow. Lure Texas specific industry things ie:engery, farming, hunting and such. Dont forget education centers/trade schools. A city can never have enough of that!

While west of 37 to Roosevelt be anchored with Park and Rec places for peoples enjoyment on those holidays ect. They alredy have Mission's Espada & San Juan to anchor them. How bout another man made lake for function or jus form? Fishing, BBQ, bike riding, walking trails, camping. Sound Texas to me.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio