HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Apr 22, 2010, 2:13 AM
Meh

A little bit of Loop 410 (photos)

I was in San Antonio on Sunday, and took a few pictures from Loop 410. They're just a few, and nothing too fancy, but I wouldn't ever go down to San Antonio without taking at least a few pictures. We were in town to meet up with a friend of my mom's. Her friends were in town from Wisconsin on a trip around Texas, and of course San Antonio was on their list.

One of my favorites.

San Antonio has some good suburban office buildings. Most suburban office buildings lack any design merits, but ones like this one are really nice actually.

~ Thanks for looking.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Apr 22, 2010, 3:07 AM
JACKinBeantown

Thanks for posting. Northeast 410... my old hood.

Old Posted Apr 22, 2010, 8:40 PM

I'm glad you didn't forget the cowboy boots

Old Posted Apr 23, 2010, 3:05 AM
Meh

Maybe next time I'll get smart and head up to the parking garage next to those cowboy boots.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted Apr 23, 2010, 3:24 AM

Great shots Kevin. I've never gotten a pic of that first one, even though I see it all the time on the east loop. PM me next time you know you'll be in town. I can take you on the ultimate SA midrise tour. There are a bunch more on 281 and I-10 outside the loop (and in "midtown" near Broadway and Hildebrand).

Edit: I see you also got my HEB in there, in front of the Enclave building!

Flickr Blog Site

Old Posted Apr 23, 2010, 3:16 PM
Meh

^I would definitely like that. Hopefully in July I'll be in town again and will have some time to do that. I'll let you know. It would probably be the 2nd weekend of July.

One thing is that I've at least come close to counting every highrise and midrise in and around downtown (I think), and added them to Emporis. But I haven't even come close to counting all of the highrises and midrises outside of downtown all over the city yet. One thing is it's easiest to either count them on foot, or on bicycle. And the problem with that is some of them aren't so easily accessible that way. The other problem is, I might see a building way off in the distance, and have no idea what street it's on or which highway or street I should take to get to it. I could scour Google Earth for buildings, which would still be difficult really. And when I say count them, I mean get their name, their address, how many floors they have, and then add them to Emporis. I can then also look for more information about them on the internet, and maybe even find a height.

Thou shall not indict

Old Posted May 3, 2010, 12:57 AM
Liberator.

Location: San Antonio,(born) Arlington Heights, Ill.(Chicagoland)
What about Broadway?

One of my personal favorite midrises in San Antonio is the brand spanking new Broadway on Broadway near Incarnate Word University. That is a finished work of art. I like the structural design emblazoned across the veneer of the roof. It is definitely a well thought out building, in my opinion.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio