HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Old Posted May 2, 2023, 3:53 AM

The extra bit is weird because it's usually done when the developer buys air rights over an existing building, but they own everything and it's an all new build...

Old Posted May 5, 2023, 11:46 AM

Soil testing yesterday:

Follow me on Twitter: https://x.com/ham_bicycleguy?t=T_fx3...SIZNGfD4A&s=09

Old Posted May 5, 2023, 5:28 PM

Wouldn't be surprised if this one starts very soon. Remember on Augusta they did soil testing literally weeks before breaking ground.

Old Posted May 5, 2023, 5:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHonestMaple View Post
Wouldn't be surprised if this one starts very soon. Remember on Augusta they did soil testing literally weeks before breaking ground.
When I spoke to Steve, he told me this would likely be a late 2023 or early 2024 start I believe.

The new Mission Services on King St needs to be complete first, and they want to mostly finish up the development on Augusta.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2023, 1:16 PM

We haven't heard anything about this one in a while. Any news Ritsman?

Old Posted Aug 13, 2023, 2:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHonestMaple View Post
We haven't heard anything about this one in a while. Any news Ritsman?
I haven't heard anything new. As mentioned they are expected a late 2023 early 2024 start. Core Urban focuses on one build at a time typically, and with the Missing building being done and the Augusta buildings nearly done, they can shift to here. Stave and his partners like to keep a close eye and make last minute changes if anything doesn't look of feel right.

My understanding is that there will be limited permissions for this now that DRP is done because it will likely be considered a minor variance to the zoning.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2024, 12:45 PM
It's Hammer Time

https://www.thespec.com/news/hamilto...10420cac8.html

325 James St N | ? m | 12 fl | Proposed -> 325 James St N | ? m | 12 fl | Under Construction

Old Posted Mar 21, 2024, 5:49 PM
Ham-burgher

From the story... the 'before':

...the demolition:

...and the render of what's to come:

Old Posted Mar 23, 2024, 7:05 PM
Hamilton Historian

I'm hoping with the setback the tower isn't even noticeable at street level - just the podium - the podium is beautiful.

I just realized the building they just demolished may have been the ONLY example in all of hamilton of yellow brick not stained black beyond recognition. The brick was in really good shape.

Old Posted Mar 23, 2024, 9:51 PM

I don't think that was the original brick. From my understanding basically the entire building had replaced the original facade. The windows, roof tiles, and brick weren't original and the interior had nothing of value remaining either.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2024, 2:07 PM

The yellow brick was in fact a veneer. I did watch part of the demolition and it was quite obvious. The slate roof tiles however were probably original. I do love slate but they looked to be in pretty rough shape. I hate to say it but the demolition of that building does not bother me. I am 100% fine with the proposal in all its non-symmetrical beauty.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2024, 12:41 AM
Hamilton Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapht View Post
The yellow brick was in fact a veneer. I did watch part of the demolition and it was quite obvious. The slate roof tiles however were probably original. I do love slate but they looked to be in pretty rough shape. I hate to say it but the demolition of that building does not bother me. I am 100% fine with the proposal in all its non-symmetrical beauty.
Lol you're a better man than I

And yellow brick veneer.. what will they think of next.. still.. it was nice to see a nice looking yellow brick building.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton