HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development

Closed Thread

Old Posted Dec 17, 2015, 12:11 AM

Im not really good at photoshop, but I tried, and it's just for fun. This is what I imagine 8th Market street would look like: first glass building about 750 foot tall, made for a international major corp...Second glass building, will be an South America Luxury Chain hotel with expensive pent houses above, about 970 feet tall, all with ground floor commercials. A new subway entrance, with screens just like gallery place DC, and above it will be retails, the building above it will be filled with luxury condos, wrapped around 8th street and apartments will face chestnut...

Between the Gallery mall renovation, and possibly apartments on the top of the new Gallery, billboards and countless of commercials, also with Market east, retails, billboards and innovation tech work place, with entertainments, apartments ex...This stretch will be so freaking exciting, and possibly become the money engine for this city to support our schools, and create trade jobs and provide trade education for the less fortunate.......

Also lit might also ad residence up top as well...

Building use...Gallery Place, and 400 Massachusetts Ave DC
Glass Building are taking from Dubai

Old Posted Dec 17, 2015, 2:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loverboie View Post
This is what I imagine 8th Market street would look like...
I

Wow, really neat! Also keep in mind the garage the Brandywine recently bought two blocks away that is zoned for a huge tower I'm hoping for a project similar in scale to what you've imagined on this lot. With 1919 Market, 1911 Walnut, and the W Hotel lot being developed, this becomes probably the most prime development lot left in Center City. Given its proximity to the touristy areas of Old City, the growing retail corridor nearby, and public transit access (both the MFL and Jefferson Station), the city shouldn't accept any development plan less than spectacular. This lot has the opportunity to be the center of a second highrise cluster in CC. With its three downtown regional rail stops - 30th Street, Suburban, and Jefferson - Philly can really rock the multi-nodal, TOD type of urbanism. That is, if it's willing to push for high quality projects around them. I'm imagining a Market East with towers at 8th and Market, on top of the Gallery, the Lit Bros Tower, a tower at the Brandywine garage, a fully built out Girard Square project, a renovated Gallery, the Fergie Tower and 709 Chestnut tower, and surely other projects that will get proposed as CC grows... It could really be something awesome.

I don't have much faith in Goldenberg, however... hopefully they'll accept an offer from Brandywine or Liberty or some other well-respected developer - I'm sure they could fetch a good price for it if they'd put it for sale. I know this has been discussed ad nauseum, your picture just got me excited for what's to come (someday)!

Old Posted Dec 17, 2015, 2:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPenn18 View Post
I

Wow, really neat! Also keep in mind the garage the Brandywine recently bought two blocks away that is zoned for a huge tower I'm hoping for a project similar in scale to what you've imagined on this lot. With 1919 Market, 1911 Walnut, and the W Hotel lot being developed, this becomes probably the most prime development lot left in Center City. Given its proximity to the touristy areas of Old City, the growing retail corridor nearby, and public transit access (both the MFL and Jefferson Station), the city shouldn't accept any development plan less than spectacular. This lot has the opportunity to be the center of a second highrise cluster in CC. With its three downtown regional rail stops - 30th Street, Suburban, and Jefferson - Philly can really rock the multi-nodal, TOD type of urbanism. That is, if it's willing to push for high quality projects around them. I'm imagining a Market East with towers at 8th and Market, on top of the Gallery, the Lit Bros Tower, a tower at the Brandywine garage, a fully built out Girard Square project, a renovated Gallery, the Fergie Tower and 709 Chestnut tower, and surely other projects that will get proposed as CC grows... It could really be something awesome.

I don't have much faith in Goldenberg, however... hopefully they'll accept an offer from Brandywine or Liberty or some other well-respected developer - I'm sure they could fetch a good price for it if they'd put it for sale. I know this has been discussed ad nauseum, your picture just got me excited for what's to come (someday)!
Don't forget that PATCO has a stop at that corner too. That nothing has happened there is insane.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2015, 6:16 AM

My vision for West Philly...(wasn't to sure where to post this) Ihope you guys enjoy.

I believe that west Philadelphia has what it takes to push the whole entire Philadelphia to success, and a possibly built out Philly for the better in the future…

With the ever growing presence of University, which is somewhat becoming a downtown to the area, West Philly has an opportunity to link its major AVE together, to create a sprawl built out for the entire section of West Philly.

So here are the major AVE that can start the movement in west…all of these Ave will connect commercial space with each other…

Start with….

40th Parkside Ave…up to 52nd street down to 40th Girard Ave

30th Girard up to 52nd Lancaster

52nd Street starting with Parkside all the way down to Baltimore Ave, connecting, Parkside, Lancaster, Haverford, Lansdowne, Girard, Market, Walnut, Chestnut and Baltimore Ave

34th Lancaster Ave up to City Line Ave

63rd street from City Line Ave up to Baltimore Ave, ending for Baltimore Ave, connecting, Lancaster, Haverford, Lansdowne, Market, and Baltimore Ave…. and being a gate way for Delaware and Montgomery county and truly connecting city line ave to west Philly…

46th street from Parkside to Baltimore Ave

52nd Lansdowne up to 63th street

3oth Chestnut Street up to 5nd street

30th Walnut Street up to 52nd street

Baltimore Ave up to 63rd street

31st Haverford to 63rd street….

30th Market Street, up to 63RD

All lead to University as the core, or downtown west Philly…

Property value will go up, higher value on row homes, better quality design row homes, and more transit…

These are all important streets in west that can bust into commercial, residence, of mix heights, start-ups, office work and play type of environments…
Imagine if all of these avenues mention where all build out mix use, and zoned height…and each avenue was alive and exciting, with different feeling….the inner core home values will rise…. And west Philly would become the second engine for Philly, outside of Center city….

Parkside Ave...imagine full blown done, with classy mid rise, and its old mansions victorian homes, with classy coffee shops, Main theater near by, the Rittenhouse of west Philly.....

Lancaster ave, full blown built, it can become a hot bed innovation avenue with large work space, and research centers reaching as far as 52nd street.

52nd street, small businesses of all venues, the soul of west Philly, the spot that never sleeps, with night life, bars ex...imagine that...

I do the rest of the streets and avenues soon so that you guys can have a better understanding on what I envision, and how I view West Philly...

Old Posted Dec 17, 2015, 12:38 PM

center city hotels

Quote:
Originally Posted by loverboie View Post
I believe that west Philadelphia has what it takes to push the whole entire Philadelphia to success, and a possibly built out Philly for the better in the future…

With the ever growing presence of University, which is somewhat becoming a downtown to the area, West Philly has an opportunity to link its major AVE together, to create a sprawl built out for the entire section of West Philly.

So here are the major AVE that can start the movement in west…all of these Ave will connect commercial space with each other…

Start with….

40th Parkside Ave…up to 52nd street down to 40th Girard Ave

30th Girard up to 52nd Lancaster

52nd Street starting with Parkside all the way down to Baltimore Ave, connecting, Parkside, Lancaster, Haverford, Lansdowne, Girard, Market, Walnut, Chestnut and Baltimore Ave

34th Lancaster Ave up to City Line Ave

63rd street from City Line Ave up to Baltimore Ave, ending for Baltimore Ave, connecting, Lancaster, Haverford, Lansdowne, Market, and Baltimore Ave…. and being a gate way for Delaware and Montgomery county and truly connecting city line ave to west Philly…

46th street from Parkside to Baltimore Ave

52nd Lansdowne up to 63th street

3oth Chestnut Street up to 5nd street

30th Walnut Street up to 52nd street

Baltimore Ave up to 63rd street

31st Haverford to 63rd street….

30th Market Street, up to 63RD

All lead to University as the core, or downtown west Philly…

Property value will go up, higher value on row homes, better quality design row homes, and more transit…

These are all important streets in west that can bust into commercial, residence, of mix heights, start-ups, office work and play type of environments…
Imagine if all of these avenues mention where all build out mix use, and zoned height…and each avenue was alive and exciting, with different feeling….the inner core home values will rise…. And west Philly would become the second engine for Philly, outside of Center city….

Parkside Ave...imagine full blown done, with classy mid rise, and its old mansions victorian homes, with classy coffee shops, Main theater near by, the Rittenhouse of west Philly.....

Lancaster ave, full blown built, it can become a hot bed innovation avenue with large work space, and research centers reaching as far as 52nd street.

52nd street, small businesses of all venues, the soul of west Philly, the spot that never sleeps, with night life, bars ex...imagine that...

I do the rest of the streets and avenues soon so that you guys can have a better understanding on what I envision, and how I view West Philly...

Logan Square

Does anyone know if Kimpton Hotels will start working on the old Family Court building any time soon? I can't get up the courage to walk into the old 4 Seasons rehab on the Square since the AD for it showed a man in jeans, sneakers and poor posture. The new hotel atop CITC is my only hope in this regard.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2015, 1:06 PM
BANNED

There is no evidence that anything has taken place with the old family court building. its just sitting there and on one in local media is covering that story. I don't think it's been mentioned in over a year.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2015, 2:49 PM

Delaware Avenue extension drives a path for proposed new park in Bridesburg

http://planphilly.com/articles/2015/...-in-bridesburg

Old Posted Dec 17, 2015, 6:29 PM

This covers a mix of big and small projects, so I placed it here. Lots of geeky "Penn Connects" development goodness:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXZ8x1duUjg.

Old Posted Dec 18, 2015, 7:06 PM

Lawmakers approve $50 million for health sciences center in downtown Camden

I know this relates to Camden (not the proposed towers), so if there's a general developments thread for that city, I ask Summers to move it there:

http://mobile.philly.com/beta?wss=/p...q&id=362939321

Old Posted Dec 18, 2015, 10:48 PM

The building on Frankford Ave near La Colombe with the new Kit and Ace store has been getting a 2nd floor addition. Today, the right side of the building was knocked down. I have heard a gym may be going in here. Anyone else have any other insight on this property?

The last image is a picture from summer of 2014

Old Posted Dec 18, 2015, 11:26 PM

City Fitness is moving in (per the sales Associate at Kit & Ace).

Old Posted Dec 18, 2015, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kfmcshan View Post

The building on Frankford Ave near La Colombe with the new Kit and Ace store has been getting a 2nd floor addition. Today, the right side of the building was knocked down. I have heard a gym may be going in here. Anyone else have any other insight on this property?

The last image is a picture from summer of 2014
how bout the old day care building next to mcdonalds on girard? I hope its high density!!! they just knocked it down

Old Posted Dec 19, 2015, 8:32 PM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Hospitaller View Post
I know this relates to Camden (not the proposed towers), so if there's a general developments thread for that city, I ask Summers to move it there:

http://mobile.philly.com/beta?wss=/p...q&id=362939321
I wonder how much of the site is under public control? The section along Broadway seems to be a thriving business corridor (and the most recent Streetview was just a couple of months ago).
Quote:
Originally Posted by cafeguy View Post
how bout the old day care building next to mcdonalds on girard? I hope its high density!!! they just knocked it down
I really want to see some urban five-story buildings proposed along Girard between Germantown and Frankford.

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Dec 21, 2015, 4:35 AM

Townhome Development Along Penrose Avenue

Earlier today, I was driving around South Philly since I am now home from college. When I was driving southwest along Penrose Avenue, I was SHOCKED to see the land between Hartranft Street and the 25th Street Viaduct cleared and being developed into the Siena Place townhomes, with a starting price in the low $400,000s. When did this development begin? That lot has been fenced off since I was a little kid in the mid-2000s!

P.S. Admittedly, I have not been down Penrose Avenue (at least northeast of 26th Street) in years, so please do not crucify me if this development has started in years prior haha!

Temple University '18 ']['

Old Posted Dec 21, 2015, 5:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan View Post
Earlier today, I was driving around South Philly since I am now home from college. When I was driving southwest along Penrose Avenue, I was SHOCKED to see the land between Hartranft Street and the 25th Street Viaduct cleared and being developed into the Siena Place townhomes, with a starting price in the low $400,000s. When did this development begin? That lot has been fenced off since I was a little kid in the mid-2000s!

P.S. Admittedly, I have not been down Penrose Avenue (at least northeast of 26th Street) in years, so please do not crucify me if this development has started in years prior haha!
They've been building new in that area for the past few years now. It's nice to see.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2015, 3:15 PM
Arch. Engineer+Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
They've been building new in that area for the past few years now. It's nice to see.
There is something I don't like about that style of rowhouse. The distinction between properties is not the greatest. Even though they are expensive, they just look kind of cheap or rushed to me. Still, glad that this area is finally developed.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2015, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch+Eng View Post
There is something I don't like about that style of rowhouse. The distinction between properties is not the greatest. Even though they are expensive, they just look kind of cheap or rushed to me. Still, glad that this area is finally developed.
It's not my cup of tea but keep in mind the demographic of buyer in that development and the one on the other side of Pennrose is native South Philadelphian who would either (otherwise) move to the burbs or is coming back from the burbs.

With that in mind, I think it sort of meets it's purpose nicely.

Old Posted Dec 21, 2015, 11:25 PM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

I thought Siena Place stalled at the height of the recession?

I took these photos in 2012 -- has it changed since then?

Also of note IIRC there was some sort of barracks or public housing on the site before Siena place began. I recall seeing the low sloped roofs from the Schuylkill waaaaaaay back in the late 90s when I was a kid.

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)

Old Posted Dec 22, 2015, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammersklavier View Post
I thought Siena Place stalled at the height of the recession?

I took these photos in 2012 -- has it changed since then?

Also of note IIRC there was some sort of barracks or public housing on the site before Siena place began. I recall seeing the low sloped roofs from the Schuylkill waaaaaaay back in the late 90s when I was a kid.
When I drove by the site yesterday, the land closest to the CSX viaduct was fenced, the ground appeared to be cleared, and there was signage denoting that there would be "townhomes in the low $400,000s" called Siena Place. I'll be traveling to Oregon Avenue from Delco in a few minutes, so I'll try to drive past the site and see if I can get pics.

UPDATE:

Here is what I found from my drive along Pattison earlier. I snapped this pic when I arrived at Pattison and Penrose:

Sorry for the crap quality. I had to use the zoom feature on my iPhone since the light was about to turn green!

Temple University '18 ']['

Last edited by PhilliesPhan; Dec 22, 2015 at 8:12 AM.

Old Posted Dec 22, 2015, 8:17 PM

Bensalem Council Gives Green Light to Massive Waterfront Plans

Read more at http://www.phillymag.com/property/20...dAz5rcL3tSa.99

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > General Development