HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Oct 19, 2011, 5:20 AM
Transit Nerd

Why is the Winnipeg Transit thread void of anything new?

Hey guys,

I know I shouldn't make a whole new thread for this (sorry), but its been a month since theres been any real transit stuff on it. Can someone other than me start posting on it? There HAS to be some transit news out there. For example, apparently they're done the RT Tunnel and Harkness Station has the sidewalk done. Or a good question: Why doesnt the 39 Taylor PnR Express get redirected to Morley/Fort Rouge station to increase frequency and possibly free up a bus or two?

- armorand93

Old Posted Oct 19, 2011, 5:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armorand93 View Post
Hey guys,

I know I shouldn't make a whole new thread for this (sorry), but its been a month since theres been any real transit stuff on it. Can someone other than me start posting on it? There HAS to be some transit news out there. For example, apparently they're done the RT Tunnel and Harkness Station has the sidewalk done. Or a good question: Why doesnt the 39 Taylor PnR Express get redirected to Morley/Fort Rouge station to increase frequency and possibly free up a bus or two?

- armorand93
When I first saw this title, I thought "Not again lboy". But lo and behold..

Old Posted Oct 19, 2011, 5:41 AM
BANNED

you could have just stopped at "I know I shouldn't make a whole new thread for this" but if there is nothing new to report then you can't force discussion. unless we want to just start posting transit fantasies... like a streetcar on it's own ROW in the inner city (along Osborne, Corydon, Broadway, Ellice, into the Exchange and over to HSC.) start with this: http://maps.google.ca/maps/ms?msa=0&...bcedc8cb62d0c5 (blue is "LRT" (though it and the streetcar could use the same technology, just smaller/more pedestrian scaled/smaller trains on the streetcar route), light blue is tunneled (cut and cover under Graham, and cut and over/tunnelled for the rest) and the red is the streetcar.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2011, 8:05 AM
Transit Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdog View Post
Hahahaha I know. It's been a month since someone other than me or MalcolmTucker have posted on it! It sucks

Old Posted Oct 19, 2011, 10:08 AM
ARTchitecture

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdog View Post
I thought the same thing lol

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2011, 4:47 PM
Go kicky fast, okay!

If you think about it though, the term "no news is good news" apply. However, there are drawbacks to that term, and I think amorand justified one of those drawbacks.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Oct 19, 2011, 10:52 PM

I post something there if there was something worth posting but there isn't right now. No need for this thread though. I'll post something in the right thread.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan