HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Jan 29, 2020, 1:37 AM

The Dream & the UTSA building are both very awsome buildings. It's back to back home runs for The SATX!

Old Posted Jan 29, 2020, 1:42 AM
Paradise

I hope the residential and office portions are 2 separate towers but happy to hear nonetheless. Will bring much needed life to that area if it gets off the ground.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2020, 4:25 PM

Thread for 25 story Dream Hotel from NYC

Since I am not liked on this thread, can someone please start a new thread for this proposed, beautiful 25 story tower????
And no I will not start it because of the above mentioned statement.
A thread is needed to see how this tower will develop or not......

Old Posted Jan 29, 2020, 4:53 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeSAView View Post
Since I am not liked on this thread, can someone please start a new thread for this proposed, beautiful 25 story tower????
And no I will not start it because of the above mentioned statement.
A thread is needed to see how this tower will develop or not......
Done.

http://forum.skyscraperpage.com/show...50#post8814750

Old Posted Jan 29, 2020, 5:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post
Thanks Jack!

Old Posted Jan 29, 2020, 6:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACKinBeantown View Post

Thanks!!

Love, love, love Boston by the way....

Old Posted Jan 29, 2020, 7:18 PM
JACKinBeantown

^^ No problem.

Boston's pretty cool. So are Portland, Maine and Providence, Rhode Island.

Old Posted Jan 31, 2020, 10:07 PM
James

San Antonio Business Journal
Commercial Real EstateURBAN REDEVELOPMENT
Nix buyers on what’s next for River Walk tower - and a hotel isn't on the list yet

By W. Scott Bailey – Senior Reporter, San Antonio Business Journal
Jan 28, 2020, 5:00am CST Updated Jan 29, 2020, 9:16am CST
The South Texas-based company that acquired the Nix building has no plans at present to redevelop the iconic downtown tower into a new River Walk hotel.

Innjoy Hospitality partners Nitin Kasan and Adrian Ramirez have yet to finalize a strategy for the more than 300,000-square-foot building, though they are leaning toward including permanent housing.

“It’s not a hotel. We have not made the decision to go that route,” Ramirez said. “We are looking at multifamily.”

The Innjoy partners expect to incorporate a mixed-use plan that includes street-level retail. Landry’s Corp. currently has restaurant space in the river-level portion of the building.

“We are running models to see what the best and highest use of the property is,” said Ramirez, who said it could include a residential component, possibly even some condominiums.

Innjoy is redeveloping the State National Bank building in downtown Houston, which will be transformed into the first Moxy by Marriott boutique hotel in Texas. As that project has coincided with Innjoy’s purchase of the Nix building, there was speculation that the company has a similar plan for its San Antonio property. Ramirez said there were even rumors that the Nix would become a Hard Rock hotel.

“That is wishful thinking,” he said. “The multifamily component to us is a little bit more attractive. That’s what we are leaning towards. It’s still in the air, but the multifamily component is what seems to make the most economic sense at this point.”

Innjoy has not yet ruled out a hotel.

Kasan said Innjoy, which has offices in Pharr and Houston, had its eye on the Nix for about six months before closing on a deal for the building. There were two factors that drew their attention to the building -- the history and the location.

“You don’t find these types of properties anymore,” Ramirez said. “They don’t make them anymore. And there is only one River Walk.”

Innjoy has wanted to establish a presence in the Alamo City for some time.

“San Antonio has been on our radar. We wanted to go into the market with the right opportunity,” Kasan said. “We like to see these historic buildings come to life and bring more value to the community.”

Innjoy would like to complete work on the redevelopment of the Nix in the next 24 to 36 months. Neither partner would estimate the costs involved in making that happen.

“We are sitting down now with local architects in San Antonio and we are also visiting with different firms and trying to get this done,” Ramirez said.

By W. Scott Bailey – Senior Reporter, San Antonio Business Journal

Old Posted Feb 1, 2020, 7:38 PM
James

This area has become real dense. I love it. I hope HEB builds a bigger HEB across the street.

Old Posted Feb 3, 2020, 5:17 PM

Does anyone know what's going to happen with the ACCD property now that the buildings have been vacated on S. Flores?

Old Posted Feb 4, 2020, 1:47 AM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southtown View Post
Does anyone know what's going to happen with the ACCD property now that the buildings have been vacated on S. Flores?
Sold to SARA

https://therivardreport.com/alamo-co...ver-authority/

Old Posted Feb 4, 2020, 7:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaga185 View Post
This area has become real dense. I love it. I hope HEB builds a bigger HEB across the street.
Wow, looking amazing. I had no idea all that development was going up in that area.

Old Posted Feb 6, 2020, 5:14 AM
deaththepeople

Old Posted Feb 7, 2020, 3:49 PM

I thought there was a thread for Graystreet's Broadway East development but I can't find it. There is some tantalizing news about it in today's RR article about the old Light Building. Apparently there has been so much interest in the project from retailers that early plans have been scrapped for something more:

Quote:
Broadway East San Antonio, or BESA as GrayStreet is now calling it, will be a mixed-use development that includes residential, office, retail, and food and beverage space, planned for 23 acres of land directly across Broadway Street from the Pearl. GrayStreet began buying up property there in 2014.

In contrast to the Pearl, where food and beverage is the draw, the emphasis at BESA will be on retail with other high-density uses including office and multi-family. He compared it to The Domain development in Austin and Legacy West in Plano.

Early design plans that appeared on a no-longer-online GrayStreet website showed pedestrian walkways and public spaces between buildings of various heights... Final design plans for the development, which take into account a retail-first use as well as the adjacent neighborhood, Government Hill, Shelton said, will be unveiled in the coming weeks.

So far, the project has attracted interest from a number of major retailers and luxury brands, French said, some of which he can’t name in keeping with contract obligations. “But the response has been really remarkable,” he said. “If you’d asked me two years ago would it be at all possible for that retailer to think about San Antonio, I’d say, ‘No, that’s silly."

However, the uses that will be developed in the second phase of BESA are less defined because it’s important, Shelton said, to allow flexibility for future needs.

As for breaking ground, he added, “I don’t think it’s [starting in] 2020, or if it is, it’s going to be … fourth quarter and that would be for the Broadway-fronting property.”
https://therivardreport.com/restorin...-nears-return/

Old Posted Feb 8, 2020, 1:52 AM
Paradise

Well that sounds promising. Can't wait to hear what the possible retailers will be.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2020, 3:06 AM
COGSADCAJA- Publicist

THat's great to hear they're pursuing national retailers. That area is really missing some basic things, like a freaking Walgreens or whatever. Man cannot live on Southerleigh alone...

Old Posted Feb 8, 2020, 3:32 AM

I heard they're bringing back Solo Serve.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2020, 1:30 PM
JACKinBeantown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoiler View Post
I heard they're bringing back Solo Serve.
Ha! I was thinking Walmart would be a slap in the face. Hopefully it's something useful and good.

Old Posted Feb 8, 2020, 10:05 PM
Loving SA 365 days a year

From what I’m hearing, some of it be new to market retail of the high end variety. It’ll change the urban core retail scene in a huge way. It’s quite exciting.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2020, 4:33 AM

Alamo City Boom

Great article today on www.kens5.com on the population boom in SA and how 66 people are moving to SA every day.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio