HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Jun 11, 2007, 3:38 PM

I think Cavs in game 3, Spurs in game 4 and 5.

GO SPURS GO!

Old Posted Jun 11, 2007, 4:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae View Post
Yeah, I would call turning a 27 point deficit, into an 8 point deficit (should have been six, but Parker's traveling basket was called anyway), a close one.
The cavs have one player surrounded by scrubs. They're from the east which is like a jv league compared to the west. They have ONE player who's been to the finals eric snow = wash up. But im sure they can take out the spurs, i mean shit duncan only had 23 pts, 9 boards, 8 assists..gino had 25..parker 30...im sure they won't score that much again durin the series...cavs in 6! right trae!?

Old Posted Jun 11, 2007, 4:44 PM
Austinite

The spurs players and fans completely fell asleep midway through the 4th Quarter, and were caught off guard by Cleveland's rally. Things got scary there...the Cavs had had a few possessions where they could have closed the gap to 6 or even 5, and it looked like things were spiralling out of control. In any event, the spurs woke up and hit some clutch shots (Ginobli 4 PtPlay). Spurs will likely lose at least 1 games in Cleveland

Old Posted Jun 11, 2007, 5:29 PM
constructor extrodinaire!

Honestly Kevin...I don't think so. Yea the Spurs lost some lead there in the 4th, but they came right back. If Pop and the Spurs are smart they will learn their lesson, and Im sure they will. Overall, the Spurs are just the better team, and as much as I would like the Spurs to win this in SA, it looks like its gonna be in Ohio. Cleveland is just not on par with the Spurs at all. James is young and pretty much the only power player Cleveland has....take that against the big 3 from SA....Cleveland doesn't have a chance

Old Posted Jun 11, 2007, 10:41 PM

How can you almost win a game, if you trail from start to finish?

Old Posted Jun 11, 2007, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Cavs almost won that one. Spurs are up 2-0 now, but I think the Cavs will win at home and even up the series.
That might be the dumbest postgame assessment I have ever heard. The Cavs came back with the Spurs playing reserves in the 4th. Just about every Spur admitted that they lost focus do to them being up by 20+ most of the 2nd and 3rd quarter.

Pulling within single digits in a game that was meaningless after 3 quarters doesn't mean the Cavs "almost" won the game. They "almost" made it respectable.

I don't know which of your conclusions is dumber.....the Cavs "almost" winning or them evening up the series in Cleveland. I welcome most logical comments but this one made me shake my head.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2007, 11:35 PM
Loving SA 365 days a year

Quote:
Yeah, I would call turning a 27 point deficit, into an 8 point deficit (should have been six, but Parker's traveling basket was called anyway), a close one.
A close game sure, an almost win, no. Pop came out the fourth with a line up of Bowen, Barry, Elson, Oberto, and Vaughn. That is the bunch that gave the momentum to Cleveland. Pop brought Tony and Tim in when they cut it to 19, the Spurs were out of whack. Pop kept Barry in (who went on to brick 4 threes) and then took out Bowen! Pop did some crazy things in the fourht but once he put Manu, Tony, Bowen, Tim, Horry on the floor at around the three point mark the Cabs didn't do much after that. The game was never in threat, the Spurs just fell asleep at the wheel.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2007, 12:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
That might be the dumbest postgame assessment I have ever heard. The Cavs came back with the Spurs playing reserves in the 4th. Just about every Spur admitted that they lost focus do to them being up by 20+ most of the 2nd and 3rd quarter.

Pulling within single digits in a game that was meaningless after 3 quarters doesn't mean the Cavs "almost" won the game. They "almost" made it respectable.

I don't know which of your conclusions is dumber.....the Cavs "almost" winning or them evening up the series in Cleveland. I welcome most logical comments but this one made me shake my head.
How? It got close towards the end. The whole stadium got quiet.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2007, 1:17 AM

Quote:
How? It got close towards the end. The whole stadium got quiet.
The AT&T Center was exhausted from cheering the first three quarters. My voice was already shot by mid 3rd. Believe me, no one in my section was worried. No one. The Spurs, especially in recent years, make it a habit of getting content with large leads and letting other teams back in the ballgame late. However, the Cavs are largly overmatched this series and can't afford to get down in any ballgame. They might stretch this series to 6 games...but that is a stretch.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2007, 8:22 PM
The Space Pope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopacs View Post
The spurs players and fans completely fell asleep midway through the 4th Quarter, and were caught off guard by Cleveland's rally. Things got scary there...the Cavs had had a few possessions where they could have closed the gap to 6 or even 5, and it looked like things were spiralling out of control. In any event, the spurs woke up and hit some clutch shots (Ginobli 4 PtPlay). Spurs will likely lose at least 1 games in Cleveland
Did you miss it when the starters were gone and the bench was in there just dicking around. No one was caught off guard, the key players were just resting or e-mailing loved ones about how Cleveland can't "Rise up", only "Bow Down" and how "We are all witness... to the massacre of an over hyped team built on the logic of exhausting a good player surrounded by paper-mache muppets", or how "King James..aka Prince Jim, was dethroned by Emperor Parker". HA HA HA! too much fun!

Old Posted Jun 12, 2007, 9:42 PM
Loving SA 365 days a year

When you have Vaughn, Elson, Oberto, Bowen and a seriously out of whack Barry on the floor at the same time you're going to have one heck of a time putting points on the scoreboard. It was so pathetic watching that out there, even Pop apologized after the game about what he did.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2007, 9:51 PM

SPURS SUCK

Old Posted Jun 12, 2007, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holygman480 View Post
SPURS SUCK
Another Phoenix Suns fan who can't cope with reality.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2007, 11:19 PM
Jeepus Africanus

Get em ready fellas.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2007, 11:39 PM
UrbanPHX

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaTexan View Post
If the Spurs are all of the above mentioned, why do other organizations try to emulate them: Dallas, Seattle, Cleveland, Phoenix? Every one of these organizations has hired a Gregg Popovich pupil or front office executive with hopes of transforming their teams into, hold your breathe, here it goes...the San Antonio Spurs!
That's your opinion because it is so sadly far from the truth...

I don't think the Spurs suck, they are a beast of a team, but they receive special treatment by the league. That team is good enough to win championships without the help from the refs. It's a shame because it has hurt the Spurs reputation this year as well as the league as a whole...the tv ratings don't lie.

Old Posted Jun 12, 2007, 11:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX602 View Post
the tv ratings don't lie.
The Spurs don't play for ratings...they play for rings.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2007, 1:15 AM
Jeepus Africanus

Don't be surprised if the refs call little touch fouls on the Spurs all night. The last thing David Stern wants is a Finals sweep with his Prodigal Son on the losing end.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2007, 1:19 AM
under the influence...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaTexan View Post
The Spurs don't play for ratings...they play for rings.
If your going to be such an embarrassing homer, you should at least change your handle...

Old Posted Jun 13, 2007, 1:59 AM

Go Cleveland.

Old Posted Jun 13, 2007, 3:46 AM

I was wrong.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio