HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Mar 30, 2010, 2:29 AM

San Antonio will most likely climb two spots to #26 when the 2010 census numbers are released, passing Orlando and Cleveland. Next SA should pass Sacramento and Cincinnati moving into the #24 spot. Pittsburgh and Portland will follow. Over the last few years San Antonio has gained more residents than each of these cities. In addition, SA has gained more over the last 10 years than all but one of these.

Since 2006, San Antonio has gained more residents than Las Vegas. That is three years and when the 2010 census numbers are released, it will be four. It is highly unlikely Vegas will pass SA within the next decade. In fact, Vegas is not expected to recover from the housing slump for at least 20 years. On the other hand SA will see a major influx of residents from BRAC in the next two years. I am sure this info. hurts some of SA's naysayers, but sometimes facts can be painful.

I also do not appreciate the back and forth, but as unfortunate as it is, I expect nothing less from a few of the Austin forumers. Do us a favor, try to restrict your post to the Austin page.

Edit: My mistake on accusing WWMiV of being an Austin forumer. I live in Houston so I guess I am a Houston forumer and not a San Antonio forumer.

Last edited by Schertz1; Mar 30, 2010 at 3:50 AM.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio