HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio

Old Posted Apr 6, 2007, 2:03 PM
COGSADCAJA, VP and CGO

Quote:
Are these developments required to conduct traffic impact statements for the city? Certainly the city would have had serious reservations about 'privatizing' Rector? I guess it makes good business sense for the development (people driving into the development).
Rector has been a private street for some time now. That has been the city's response to pothole complaints for years.

The way they put it, we were privileged to be able to drive on it at all. My SA house is very near there (I eat at the Jim's in Park North Plaza twice a week) and I could care less.

I do have to wonder, though, about the buses that use Rector. Maybe VIA has already re-routed them, but there used to be very heavy bus traffic on it.

Finally - there is a link on the PNP website that shows renderings of a park (public greenspace) on top of a parking garage. I can't see it from the new renderings... I wonder if anyone else saw what I did or if anyone knows what came of it.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2007, 2:14 PM

anyone notice the gender statistics of San Antonio in this area (from above pdf link) Seems like there are a dissaportionant number of women - good for the guys! What's the story on that?

POPULATION BY GENDER
2006 Total Population 107,208 317,716 1,025,144
2006 Female Population 59,100 173,638 551,744
2006 Male Population 48,108 144,078 473,401

Last edited by JAM; Apr 6, 2007 at 2:17 PM. Reason: add pop counts

Old Posted Apr 6, 2007, 2:24 PM
Endless Moments...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaga185 View Post
And complex...trust me...it connects.
Upon further inspection, i see the street making a curve. Its faint but i see an outline of trees. It just seems like a bad idea to have a street running through the middle of a parking lot. If anything else it takes away the whole pedestrian concept. Which what this project should have been built around...

Old Posted Apr 7, 2007, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex01 View Post
Upon further inspection, i see the street making a curve. Its faint but i see an outline of trees. It just seems like a bad idea to have a street running through the middle of a parking lot. If anything else it takes away the whole pedestrian concept. Which what this project should have been built around...

Again, its no longer a public street, so if they wanted to make it do loop-de-loops they could. And I would imagine that it was/is probably the purpose to make traffic come to a stop/have to pass by the very front doors of Target. It's a retailers dream! You should know by now, those of us who post on here are the only ones who give a $hit about ped concepts. If the developers did, the developments would be built that way.
"We marched five leagues over a fine country with broad plains, the most beautiful in all of New Spain. We camped on the banks of an arroyo. This I called San Antonio de Padua, because we reached it on the day of his festival." - General Domingo Teran de los Rios, June 13, 1691, in a letter to the King of Spain on the occasion of the founding of San Antonio.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Texas & Southcentral > San Antonio