HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Feb 28, 2007, 4:10 PM
Sustainable urbanism

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Isn't phase 3 going behind there?
Phase 2 and 3 will be there, each fronting Juniper at their respective intersections. As I recall there is a service drive that will enter the rear deck of phase 1 directly from Juniper, in between phases 2 and 3.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2007, 5:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuckerman View Post
The Viewpoint under construction appears quite different from the model on Novare.
Why do you say that? It looks exactly like the rendering to me. The only difference is they haven't started on the right-most part of the retail space.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2007, 5:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiplash3825 View Post
Why do you say that? It looks exactly like the rendering to me. The only difference is they haven't started on the right-most part of the retail space.

You may be right and it is because of the angle differences between the construction cam and the website. On the website the lower right side is developed with 5/6 large retail window fronts and only 3 show on the right; whereas the con cam shows equal numbers on both sides; perhaps theywill devop the right side more as the building progresses. Also the main middle tower appears much more out front or pulled out from the parking base This may just be articistic illusion. in any case, an interesting building to watch - I have coffee regularly at the starbucks and often park in the first bay so i can spot my car on the con cam - how's that for getting into the picture.

Old Posted Mar 2, 2007, 8:36 PM

Yeah... that retail portion with the 3 windows to the right will be expanded to the corner before tower 1 opens, leaving you with exactly what the rendering shows.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2007, 11:10 PM
Back on the road again

I noticed today that this has risen high enough now that you can easily see the structural framing from the downtown connector.

Old Posted Mar 6, 2007, 11:29 PM

Nice shots GThomas!

Old Posted Mar 7, 2007, 1:34 AM

i'll be in atlanta for a week starting on monday, maybe i'll be able to get some pictures of the construction sites

Old Posted Mar 16, 2007, 3:27 PM

Anyone see the advertisement for Viewpoint in the ABC today? It has a rendering from a different angle that I have not seen before...looks taller than the other renderings.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2007, 6:57 PM

I'd say they're going to have to bump the crane up over the next couple days given there progress through this afternoon. Should really start seeing it from the connector clearly by end of next week.

The next time you are contemplating what the hell went wrong in your life, look in a mirror!

Old Posted Mar 21, 2007, 6:00 PM
Dutton Brown Design

I've been watching the assembly of the Viewpoint model in the retail portion of Spire. There were several people looking at the model yesterday. I'll get a picture of it as soon as it's put together.

It looks better than the rendering to me. The glass looks dark/smokey. The left portion of the parking deck has a garden/fountain area at the top. The right side has the pool at the top. It looks as if the balcony rails are dark gray/black. The top wave portion looks very sharp too, but ceases about midway through the depth of the building. The model even includes the Starbucks building. Looks good.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2007, 6:06 PM
Urban Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GThomas View Post
I've been watching the assembly of the Viewpoint model in the retail portion of Spire. There were several people looking at the model yesterday. I'll get a picture of it as soon as it's put together.

It looks better than the rendering to me. The glass looks dark/smokey. The left portion of the parking deck has a garden/fountain area at the top. The right side has the pool at the top. It looks as if the balcony rails are dark gray/black. The top wave portion looks very sharp too, but ceases about midway through the depth of the building. The model even includes the Starbucks building. Looks good.
The two buildings next to it (future phases) are white and don't really have much detail, but they also include the wave on top....only it goes the opposite direction as the main tower (ie towards Juniper instead of towards Peachtree).

Either way, the model looks great. The only thing I was a little disappointed with was the retail fronting Peachtree. I assume that tenants will do their own thing with it, but the retail Novare put into the model is only on one floor and doesn't include anything interesting in the way of display windows or signage.

Old Posted Mar 21, 2007, 8:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gttx View Post
The only thing I was a little disappointed with was the retail fronting Peachtree. I assume that tenants will do their own thing with it, but the retail Novare put into the model is only on one floor and doesn't include anything interesting in the way of display windows or signage.
To quote Monty Python: "It's only a model."

Old Posted Mar 24, 2007, 2:18 PM
Dutton Brown Design

Pics of the Viewpoint Model; Glass should be similar to 1180 according to the sales center. Model will be finished next week.

Last edited by GThomas; Mar 24, 2007 at 2:23 PM.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2007, 3:10 PM

That last pic is great. That's the first pic I've seen for how Viewpoint will look from Juniper...and from the model, it looks like the will definitely build both towers because the parking garage is HUGE and would not fit at all with just one tower.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2007, 3:29 PM

i like it...thanks for the pics

Old Posted Mar 24, 2007, 3:44 PM

I do too. One thing though that I think wouldve been even better is if the first tower was parrallel to Peachtree (like Twelve AS) which would almost completely hide the parking structure. Of course you wouldn't get those nice North & South views.

Old Posted Mar 24, 2007, 4:15 PM
Back on the road again

I like the look of the first tower. Do the solid white structures (last pic) represent the other two towers? Does the parking deck construction currently underway extend all the way east to Juniper?

Old Posted Mar 24, 2007, 4:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveD View Post
I like the look of the first tower. Do the solid white structures (last pic) represent the other two towers? Does the parking deck construction currently underway extend all the way east to Juniper?
atlvis took pics from the outside but you can see how the others towers are positioned.

Old Posted Mar 26, 2007, 6:34 PM

Awsome!!!

Old Posted Mar 27, 2007, 12:56 PM

What's that black keypad box in some of the pictures? Surely its not a telephone, is it?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive