HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton

Royal Connaught Phase III in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Hamilton Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Feb 23, 2017, 4:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingViking View Post
I'd think there would be testing too, to see what intensity and colour looks best in real life.
This has been done

Old Posted Feb 24, 2017, 12:19 AM

That addition to the top of the building doesn't look too bad, and I understand they did it to provide more penthouses as well as to tie in with all of the new additions to the property. I am looking forward to this being completed, and the start of the tower portion to start...

Old Posted Feb 25, 2017, 5:52 AM
Ham-burgher

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamilton23 View Post
This has been done
Great.

In many ways, the Connaught has been a bellwether for downtown. As it comes back to life that lighting will be a spotlight on the show to come.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2017, 7:30 AM

Not much has been said here about the restoration side of this project.

I like the way this development *simulates* historic details economically at higher levels (precast brick slabs up top) but at the same time spends the effort to faithfully restore/replicate the important historic details in the limestone facade nearer to the street level.

When the project first finally started, under such uncertain economic conditions, I was worried there would be skimping on architectural restoration in the interest of just getting the project done (the strongest previous proposal was an SRO hotel), and by initial looks it seemed that might be the case.

Then, after the initial release, there must have been great interest in the development, at workable price points, because suddenly the restoration efforts seemed to intensify.

The exterior work carried out on the lower storeys seems to be very high quality, especially noticeable on the John Street side where the stone was removed and then replaced after the new structure was built behind. There must have been some replacement slabs, or patching from other areas removed, but the way it all blends in is almost seamless.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2017, 1:28 PM

When will the tower portion start?

Old Posted Feb 26, 2017, 5:42 PM

(removed by author)

Last edited by hamilton23; Jun 1, 2018 at 1:00 PM.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2017, 5:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityguy View Post
When will the tower portion start?
(removed by author)

Last edited by hamilton23; Jun 1, 2018 at 1:00 PM.

Old Posted Feb 26, 2017, 8:36 PM

I want a condo here so bad. But everyone is telling me to buy a house.. I don't know what to do! All the houses for sale are dumps but the condos have condo fees!

Old Posted Feb 26, 2017, 8:44 PM

Quote:
This is a wonderful post!. It's important for people to know that the builder is Spallacci Group. They have over 60 years of Construction experience, building communities and condos in not only Hamilton but the entire GTA, Whitby, St.Catherines, Houston Texas, etc. They take a great amount of pride in the workmanship and craftsmanship. I can tell you that EXTREME care and a lot of money has been and will continue to be put into this project, in order to ensure that the Royal Connaught maintains its historic presence, while being restored for the modern age (blending old and new). The owner of the project was born and raised and continues to live in Hamilton and supports the city in a big way. He is also running day-to-day construction operations and is extremely involved.
Is Valery homes not in a 50/50 partnership with Spallacci or has that changed?

Also which of the Spalacci brothers is owner of this project and running day to day ops? Thought all brothers would be invovled, sounds like only one is though.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2017, 1:40 AM

Quote:
Also which of the Spalacci brothers is owner of this project and running day to day ops? Thought all brothers would be invovled, sounds like only one is though.
Hamilton23 is said Spallacci Brother. I would have thought the sales copy would have given that away lol.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2017, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by king10 View Post
Is Valery homes not in a 50/50 partnership with Spallacci or has that changed?

Valery is a parter in the project, but Spallacci is currently constructing the project solely.

Last edited by hamilton23; Feb 27, 2017 at 1:26 PM.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2017, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyalSuites View Post
Hamilton23 is said Spallacci Brother. I would have thought the sales copy would have given that away lol.
Incorrect, like your other posts . The sales info has been public knowledge as of Saturday!

Last edited by hamilton23; Feb 27, 2017 at 12:36 PM.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2017, 2:43 PM

I love your Donald Trump-esque way of refuting my posts; by deeming them as inaccurate or incorrect. Meanwhile you're not being honest with this board about who you are. On other threads developers get banned for not disclosing that information. It's pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2017, 3:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcappi View Post
I love your Donald Trump-esque way of refuting my posts; by deeming them as inaccurate or incorrect. Meanwhile you're not being honest with this board about who you are. On other threads developers get banned for not disclosing that information. It's pretty pathetic if you ask me.
I knew it!. Why did you create a new account just to trash the project David?. You acted out of line in the RC sales centre and the consequences are what they are. Move on already!!

Old Posted Feb 27, 2017, 3:10 PM

I created a different account so you'd stop harassing and reporting my posts when you don't like what I have to say

Old Posted Feb 27, 2017, 3:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidcappi View Post
I created a different account so you'd stop harassing and reporting my posts when you don't like what I have to say
Harassing you?. In what way exactly?.

If i'm not mistaken, you're banned from the entire development for life?. Creating a fake username to trash a project is childish. I guess that's what to be expected from someone with 0 experience in construction or any related discipline and to boot with a temper that's well known around Hamilton.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2017, 3:18 PM

Quote:
I knew it!. Why did you create a new account just to trash the project David?. You acted out of line in the RC sales centre and the consequences are what they are. Move on already!!
The great thing about the Hamilton forums is the free-flow of information, along with thoughtful opinions and discussion.

So I'm concerned that Hamilton23 has never disclosed his status as an employee of the RC project. I'm sure he has given us good information on the development's progress, etc. But has a vested interest, and his posts need to be seen in that light.

I don't understand his reluctance to be transparent on this.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2017, 3:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohamilton View Post
The great thing about the Hamilton forums is the free-flow of information, along with thoughtful opinions and discussion.

So I'm concerned that Hamilton23 has never disclosed his status as an employee of the RC project. I'm sure he has given us good information on the development's progress, etc. But has a vested interest, and his posts need to be seen in that light.

I don't understand his reluctance to be transparent on this.
I'm connected to the project and deal with the project on a daily basis. I can tell you i'm not an owner of the project, but I do work for the project!. I think it's important to share information about the project and love to share information, however when people like David Cappizzano ( who had quite a messy situation at the development) is on a mission to trash the development (even though its his fault he's banned), I will defend the project. Otherwise, I'm very open to positive dialogue with members on the board.

Old Posted Feb 27, 2017, 3:22 PM

Quote:
I'm connected to the project and deal with the project on a daily basis.
Thanks for finally revealing this What is your role?

Old Posted Feb 27, 2017, 3:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohamilton View Post
Thanks for finally revealing this What is your role?
See above.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > Hamilton > Downtown & City of Hamilton