HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jul 9, 2013, 1:32 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

In the paper today that the contract to widen Dieppe Blvd between Champlain and Route 15 has been awarded. Construction will begin shortly....

Old Posted Jul 9, 2013, 2:59 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

At the next Dieppe city council meeting, a proposal will be presented for three 32 unit apartment buildings on Lionel Street (near Amirault & Melanson).

This is a single family residential area so I expect a spirited discussion....

Old Posted Jul 12, 2013, 1:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonctonRad View Post
At the next Dieppe city council meeting, a proposal will be presented for three 32 unit apartment buildings on Lionel Street (near Amirault & Melanson).

This is a single family residential area so I expect a spirited discussion....
Actually, there's already an appartment building on that street and quite a few townhouses. I'd be surprised there'd be much backlash.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2013, 1:28 AM

The old fisherman's paradise building at the corner of Dieppe and Champlain is being demolished.

Old Posted Jul 12, 2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBNYer View Post
The old fisherman's paradise building at the corner of Dieppe and Champlain is being demolished.
Seen that...They took half of it down and it sorta looks like they will use the other half...I guess we shall see.......

Old Posted Jul 12, 2013, 1:24 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrivernb View Post
Seen that...They took half of it down and it sorta looks like they will use the other half...I guess we shall see.......
It has just been announced that Fisherman's Paradise will be replaced by (horrors) a McDonald's

Talk about moving downmarket!!!

Last edited by MonctonRad; Jul 12, 2013 at 1:37 PM.

Old Posted Jul 16, 2013, 12:06 AM

I have noticed today the Dolma foods has opened a 2nd location in the strip mall near NB liquor outlet on Dieppe blvd. that makes that strip mall 100% full.

Old Posted Jul 19, 2013, 4:28 PM

Business development booming in Dieppe
http://www.news919.com/2013/07/19/bu...ing-in-dieppe/

This quote is interesting since I heard from a friend (works at Aliant) that a Irving gas station would be built there:
Quote:
“A McDonald’s Restaurant is going to be located on the site, and a highway commercial type business as well. The name hasn’t been made public as of yet, but it is going to fit in well with the fast food resturant.”

Old Posted Jul 19, 2013, 5:49 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs33 View Post
Business development booming in Dieppe
http://www.news919.com/2013/07/19/bu...ing-in-dieppe/
This statement doesn't jive very well with this headline from the T&T today:

"Dieppe Construction Slows But Riverview Sees Growth"

According to the T&T Dieppe only issued $3.3M in new permits in May, only about 40% of the value of building permits issued during the same period last year and considerably less than the $4.9M in building permits issues by Riverview in May.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2013, 4:01 PM

Boulangerie française

Building has been sold. Apparently it will be converted into a Zumba studio. Not sure if it will be a gym or just a studio.

Old Posted Jul 22, 2013, 7:06 PM

Anyone know what's happening on the lot across from the Audi dealership and Tim Horton's on Champlain? A house was torn down and now there's heavy equipment on site.

Old Posted Jul 27, 2013, 3:14 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

And the Yogurt Wars Begin!!!

Menchie's Frozen Yogurt is opening a location in the old Roger's location next to Swiss Chalet on Champlain Street.

This is within spitting distance of Goji's original store in the Champlain Place parking lot.

I guess Goji's rapid expansion to four locations (open or under construction) has not been enough to dissuade this international chain from entering the Moncton marketplace.

I hope Goji's is able to survive.....

Old Posted Jul 27, 2013, 11:22 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Further to the above:

I think the Moncton Northwest Goji's is pretty safe. The store is located at the Mountain Rd entrance to the Wheeler Park Power Centre, and has great visibility. The place is a zoo most evenings. The Shediac location is also quite busy and has a perfect spot next to the entrance to Parlee Beach.

The Goji's in Riverview isn't open yet, and will be in Findlay Park. Time will tell if this is a successful location. This spot isn't really close to the residential neighbourhoods in the town and Findlay Park is only a modestly sized retail development.

The Dieppe Goji's is in a building in the east end of the Champlain Place parking lot and unless you know it's there, you wouldn't know it exists. I know that it is currently very popular, but I wonder if they shouldn't move to a higher visibility location such as the Champlain Plaza Phase 2 under development by PlazaCorp. This might be especially important with Menchie's moving in next door......

Old Posted Jul 28, 2013, 3:33 PM
Our Tide is Rising

I would have much rather see menchies in the mall (maybe where cut2000 is?) rather than outside to leech off gojiis customers :S

It's easy to feel bad for them but then again this is capitalism! Dog eat dog and whatnot.

Old Posted Jul 28, 2013, 7:16 PM
Moderator / Supervillain

1637 - Dutch Tulip Mania
1840s - Railroad Bubble
1920s - Roaring Twenties
2000s - Dot Com Bubble
2014 - Great Moncton Fro-Gurt Bubble

Old Posted Jul 29, 2013, 11:57 AM

There is a second frozen yogurt shop opening on Main St. in Shediac too. Not sure who the two of them will survive once the tourists are gone.

Old Posted Jul 29, 2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmatt View Post
I would have much rather see menchies in the mall (maybe where cut2000 is?) rather than outside to leech off gojiis customers :S

It's easy to feel bad for them but then again this is capitalism! Dog eat dog and whatnot.

Cut 2000 recently signed a lease with the mall for 5 years, so it's not going anywhere for a while...

Old Posted Aug 6, 2013, 11:35 PM

New Stores

Noticed today that a Travel Store is opening on Champlain Street where the Pizza Delight restaurant (It was Cake Box for a very short time) and next door a Coat store is opening where Imagination Decor was located ( they have moved to a new building on Olivier st).

Old Posted Aug 12, 2013, 4:31 PM

I heard a rumor from a fairly reliable source that the plans for the Wal-Mart distribution centre are still very much in the works and that it would be located in the Dieppe industrial park in the airport lands.

Old Posted Aug 12, 2013, 11:13 PM
Wildcats Rule!!

Interesting. There was never any more than just speculation that the WalMart distribution centre was going to the Scoudouc Industrial Park. The prime source of this speculation was the new interchange built for the industrial park onto route 15.

There would be greater visibility and possibly better accessibility for the distribution centre if built in the new part of the Dieppe Industrial Park. The roadway for the expansion is immediately adjacent to the 15/TCH cloverleaf and the south side of the TCH itself. There have been rumours that there could potentially be a new interchange onto the TCH from the new section of the industrial park. If WalMart puts their distribution centre here, this might kickstart plans for this. What do you think Myles? You are a potential neighbour?

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces