HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive

Old Posted Dec 28, 2007, 7:47 PM

On the 8th floor now, I believe. Starting to really go up fast. It's going to be so nice having something on that side of 17th!

Old Posted Jan 2, 2008, 2:55 PM

I have to say that with each new building, Atlantic Station feels just a little more like its a part of the city. It already makes a huge differennce when you're on Atlantic Street to see a building at the end of the street rather than open space.

Old Posted Jan 7, 2008, 10:01 PM
Apathetic...and Loving It

Thumbs up 1/7/2008 Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
I have to say that with each new building, Atlantic Station feels just a little more like its a part of the city. It already makes a huge differennce when you're on Atlantic Street to see a building at the end of the street rather than open space.
Speaking of which:

and also:

Old Posted Feb 5, 2008, 7:16 AM

Taken Monday afternoon, February 4th, 2008:

Shot with Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL at 2008-02-04

Old Posted Feb 5, 2008, 7:14 PM

Some of the new buildings around town have done an excellent job of hiding their decks and I hope they will do something with this one but I am not sure that they will.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2008, 9:30 PM

It's 1/4 of the way up! Not sure what they're going to do about the webcam... at it's present angle it'll show a little more than half the building.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2008, 4:20 AM

They will adjust the camera. We have witness several such adjustments on other webcams as their buildings progressed.

Old Posted Feb 15, 2008, 2:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post

Definitely. smArTaLlone. When Peachtree Center was built people thought it was "too far out" and disconnected from the city's heart. When Midtown and Buckhead began to develop as major commercial centers many people were aghast that prominent businesses would move "way out there."

Old Posted Feb 15, 2008, 2:30 PM

That's funny but true, Andrea. It doesn't seem THAT long ago that Peachtree was filled with single-family homes between Peachtree Battle and the St. Phillips curve. With the exception of the churches and the quaint little shopping center (Peachtree Battle), it was a family neighborhood. Well, I guess it has been a while...

Old Posted Mar 5, 2008, 1:01 AM

this thing's gonna be the monster of the year... it's only 1/3rd the way up and already looking quite tall in the webcam.

/giddy child

really though, this has got to be one of the more interesting vantage points as far as webcams go. there's just a lot going on in this photo.

Last edited by cabasse; Mar 5, 2008 at 1:19 AM.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2008, 2:59 AM
Où suis-je ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabasse View Post
this thing's gonna be the monster of the year... it's only 1/3rd the way up and already looking quite tall in the webcam.

/giddy child

really though, this has got to be one of the more interesting vantage points as far as webcams go. there's just a lot going on in this photo.
This is great photo!!

I have been lurking for a while on this board and I hope my work/life location will help everybody with more updates.

And that Millennium Gate ::sigh::

Old Posted Mar 5, 2008, 4:11 AM
Topher’s 2 cents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Père Goriot View Post
This is great photo!!

I have been lurking for a while on this board and I hope my work/life location will help everybody with more updates.

And that Millennium Gate ::sigh::
They will have to pan out with the camera soon too.

oh yeah and could we stop whinning about that damned gate, its not any worse than anything else built in that area. if you ask me its a perfect match for all the cheap condo/apt buildings that will fall apart in 10 yrs, probably leaving that gate the best looking thing down there.

Old Posted Mar 5, 2008, 8:00 PM
Born and raised

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSangha View Post
They will have to pan out with the camera soon too.

oh yeah and could we stop whinning about that damned gate, its not any worse than anything else built in that area. if you ask me its a perfect match for all the cheap condo/apt buildings that will fall apart in 10 yrs, probably leaving that gate the best looking thing down there.
LOL........amen brother!

Old Posted Mar 8, 2008, 6:16 AM
Urban Explorer

Some pictures from Thursday afternoon:

Old Posted Mar 8, 2008, 6:51 AM

this reaction is probably way too premature....but damn I thought the blue glass wouldn't be the dominant feature but so far it looks like it will be. Would that make 78 Atlanta buildings in a row that are big blue glass boxes? I'm almost ready to support getting that red Chicago skyscraper built in the ATL just to break the trend, lol.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2008, 9:52 AM
Respect My Authorit-I!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskavon View Post
this reaction is probably way too premature....but damn I thought the blue glass wouldn't be the dominant feature but so far it looks like it will be. Would that make 78 Atlanta buildings in a row that are big blue glass boxes? I'm almost ready to support getting that red Chicago skyscraper built in the ATL just to break the trend, lol.

Oh, I think there have been quite a few Atlanta buildings built recently that aren't big blue glass boxes...though you may have to look past the most dramatic ones to see them.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2008, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSangha View Post

What could have been. A walkable elipse lake (instead of the sump drainage ditch now) to overlook from the arch. The proposal of AS when it came out:

Old Posted Mar 10, 2008, 2:07 PM
i ain't no bubba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muskavon View Post
this reaction is probably way too premature....but damn I thought the blue glass wouldn't be the dominant feature but so far it looks like it will be.
Its actually a black or smoky brown colored glass with brown framing. It looks like it will be a great addition to AS.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2008, 2:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrashATL View Post
What could have been. A walkable elipse lake (instead of the sump drainage ditch now) to overlook from the arch. The proposal of AS when it came out:

The person who did the rendering was probably a landscape architech. They always glamourize reality. I think what is in the ground is good enough, plus it works engineering wise. Landscape architechs aren't engineers.

Old Posted Mar 10, 2008, 5:02 PM

Are you seriously spelling architect like that? This rendering was probably done well before a site plan was even drawn...

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture > Completed Project Threads Archive