HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces

Old Posted Jan 24, 2014, 11:05 PM

You can have a look 24 hrs a day on its progress http://welsh-owen.apm.ca/cgi-bin/guestimage.html

Old Posted Jan 25, 2014, 12:30 AM
New Brunswick booster!

Holy crap! It is wayyyy ahead of where I thought it was! Yay!

Old Posted Jan 25, 2014, 4:24 PM

Article in the Gardian yesterday said they are doing a $6 million reno of the delta on Charlottetown. They are redoing each floor over entirely. Rooms, hallways etc.

Old Posted Jan 25, 2014, 6:37 PM

Quiznos signage is up at Sherwood Business Center. Any ideas of an opening date?

Old Posted Jan 26, 2014, 6:04 PM

I didn't notice that. I'm gonna guess a couple months maybe?
I found a couple site plans tho, one of which confirms some speculation. Cordova Realty out of Moncton owns this property:

This one is the long speculated Canadian Tire & Marks I'm going to assume. It says its 103,000 sq. ft. It also confirms that Montana's is going to finally be built and that Price Mart will be moving in next to Petsmart

Last edited by josh_cat_eyes; Jan 26, 2014 at 6:54 PM.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2014, 10:17 AM

Quote:
This one is the long speculated Canadian Tire & Marks I'm going to assume. It says its 103,000 sq. ft. It also confirms that Montana's is going to finally be built and that Price Mart will be moving in next to Petsmart
I have it from a close source to this project that it is definitely the new Canadian Tire store.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2014, 10:20 AM

Anyone notice the addition to Canada Inn on Capital Drive? A rather large 3-4 storey motel addition which I will try to get a picture of.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2014, 12:37 PM

From what I am hearing the building on Capitol Drive is going to be a retirement home.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2014, 12:38 PM

What is with the long laneways into the Canadian Tire site???

Old Posted Jan 29, 2014, 9:57 PM

Its on a hillside. It goes down diagonally to reduce the decline. Or do you mean the ones actually going towards the building?

Old Posted Jan 30, 2014, 12:38 PM

I'm referring to the ones for the Canadian Tire site...They seamed to have created three very congested parking lots...They need to open them up somewhere and let the traffic flow better...I also don't se any pedestrian access to the store.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2014, 4:54 PM

Yeah I agree with you. I can see a lane on the right side but the other one seems like it it's out of the way.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2014, 3:15 AM

Here is a photo taken a few days ago of the new addition to the Canada Inns on Capital Drive. More to follow.

Old Posted Feb 1, 2014, 3:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by braymondg View Post

Here is a photo taken a few days ago of the new addition to the Canada Inns on Capital Drive. More to follow.

I seen that the other day. I wasn't sure if it was an apartment building, or if it was for the hotel.

Old Posted Feb 4, 2014, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
I seen that the other day. I wasn't sure if it was an apartment building, or if it was for the hotel.
Not part of the motel. It's a 40-unit wheelchair accessible Seniors Living Center (an apartment building catering to seniors).

Approval is here: http://www.city.charlottetown.pe.ca/...2-NOV-2013.pdf

Old Posted Feb 4, 2014, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobLantz View Post
Not part of the motel. It's a 40-unit wheelchair accessible Seniors Living Center (an apartment building catering to seniors).

Approval is here: http://www.city.charlottetown.pe.ca/...2-NOV-2013.pdf
Hi Rob,

I did see that! I just never put Sandstone Dr. as being that road. Thanks for the heads up!

Question, anything further on the O'Hallaron development at Prince and Grafton. Pretty slow going there.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2014, 6:01 PM

New Business finds investor

Two Islanders and one person from off-Island are teaming up to bring an international chain restaurant to Charlottetown.

Courtney Hindorff, a spokesman with Montana’s Cookhouse & Bar, told The Guardian that the group is very close to finalizing a deal that will make it official.

Hindorff would not disclose who the potential owners are until the agreement is signed, which is expected to happen as early as the end of this week.

“It’s a very, very strong group,’’ said Hindorff, who is in charge of franchise operations for Montana’s. “We’re very excited about them.’’

Montana’s is slated to move into the list of properties owned by developer Plazacorp Retail Properties Ltd. which has been trying to find a franchisee for more than two years to bring the chain to P.E.I. Those properties are located next to Boston Pizza, just off Malpeque Road, with Sobey’s as the anchor tenant at the moment.

“I can’t give you a full update at the moment. We’re just waiting on agreements . . . but yes we feel very good about the opportunity there in Charlottetown.’’

Hindorff did say that the company is confident that the restaurant will open sometime this year, adding that plans are to operate in 6,300 square feet of retail space. There will be enough capacity for 211 seats and it will employ approximately 50 people.

One of the challenges with finding a franchisee(s) for Montana’s is the requirement that they need to have at least $700,000 in equity to start up.

While Sobey’s is the current anchor tenant, Plazacorp’s plans list 103,000 square feet of retail space currently described as “proposed future development’’. Speculation on what that property will turn into ranges from a new location for Canadian Tire/Mark’s Work Wearhouse while rumours continue to swirl about Costco putting a store in the capital, similar to the one in Fredericton.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2014, 12:51 PM

Kent Scales, Craig Lawlor, Brad Gushue

Old Posted Feb 10, 2014, 1:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by engpei View Post
Kent Scales, Craig Lawlor, Brad Gushue
Interesting that a Newfoundland Olympic Gold Medal Curler is going to invest in a Montana's on PEI.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2014, 1:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh_cat_eyes View Post
Interesting that a Newfoundland Olympic Gold Medal Curler is going to invest in a Montana's on PEI.
Yeah i am not sure what the connection is. He does have Two Islanders on his curling team though.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Atlantic Provinces