HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Capital Pointe in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • Regina Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location

Old Posted Apr 4, 2012, 6:39 PM

High winds are not the exception in this part of the province. Knowing that, you would think it is not rocket science to anchor the fence down with a few ground screws. Just goes to prove that these guys are nimrods and it is reflected in everything they try to do. How many times does the fence have blow over before they think to do something right. Bet that lady who had her car damaged won't be putting a deposit down soon on a unit.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2012, 7:04 PM

Wind....really???

That's exactly the point I was trying to make. Very shoddy work on the very simplest of tasks. It'll sure be fun to watch a 26 story tower topple over....or lean....

I'm watching the 2 yokels they sent to fix the problem right now. They setup about 80% of the fence and like dominos, it all fell over again while they are working. One section landed in front of a bus. Just brutal.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2012, 7:18 PM

Well, you know what the definition of insanity is........

Old Posted Apr 4, 2012, 7:20 PM
Hmm....

I doubt PCL (if I remember correctly, they are the contractors) is going to produce shoddy work that will damage their reputation... Granted I think it's stupid Capital Pointe hasn't figured out how to put up a fence that can stand up to the wind, but really... It's not the construction company that is in charge of it right now...

Old Posted Apr 4, 2012, 7:22 PM

I get the point you're trying to make but I don't see the connection between the fence rental company and the construction of the building...

Old Posted Apr 4, 2012, 7:41 PM

just read an article in the business regina magazine on Capital pointe. it said that construction is set to begin in a few weeks.

Old Posted Apr 4, 2012, 7:50 PM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by micheal View Post
just read an article in the business regina magazine on Capital pointe. it said that construction is set to begin in a few weeks.
I think they are still waiting on Saskpower to move some lines.

I'm going to be so excited if this thing clears the hurdles and starts to reach skyward. I'm still a little doubtful, but trying to stay optimistic; it's been a long time coming.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2012, 3:15 AM
Hmm....

Looks like then took down the mesh signage that was attached to the fences too... Probably will make the fencing stand up better to high winds.

Old Posted Apr 5, 2012, 5:04 PM

Brightstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by micheal View Post

You might be interested in this newsletter...Note the date is December 2008 !

http://www.valerieweb.com/images/156...newsletter.pdf

The fences are still there !!

Old Posted Apr 6, 2012, 12:43 AM
ARTchitecture

Wow how great would that be if it starts in a few weeks?

Regardless of how slow things are obviously moving, one cannot deny that things have been moving pretty good in the last 6 months or so.

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2012, 1:44 AM

Here's a new render I stumbled upon....

source

Old Posted Apr 6, 2012, 2:20 AM
Hmm....

A little artistic licence there with the surrounding buildings... looks like they've added LED panels to the side...

Old Posted Apr 6, 2012, 3:35 AM
Canadian Urbanite

Wow I like it.

The building has a little bit more articulation to it and the lighting provides some real visual interest and breaks the building up into neat sections.

Also a big fan of the transparent glass rather than the reflective blue so common in Vancouver.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2012, 5:52 PM
ARTchitecture

Is there an office component aswell?

Mohkínstsis — 1.6 million people at the Foothills of the Rocky Mountains, 400 high-rises, a 300-metre SE to NW climb, over 1000 kilometres of pathways, with 20% of the urban area as parkland.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2012, 6:14 PM
Hmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc View Post
Is there an office component aswell?
No. It's hotel for the first 4 floors of the entire building and the remainder of the shorter section, then condos for all storeys above the 4th in the taller section.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2012, 6:39 PM
ARTchitecture

Okay so that shorter section the the right, with the green on the far side... that's not part of the complex then?

Old Posted Apr 6, 2012, 7:04 PM
Hmm....

Quote:
Okay so that shorter section the the right, with the green on the far side... that's not part of the complex then?
Only the tall tower and the section to the left of it are part of Capital Pointe. The 10 storey building to the right of the tall tower exists, but doesn't look like that... the green tower is about where city hall is... but again, doesn't look close to that, and the other tall buildings don't really exist where they are in the photo... there's a lot of artistic licence in that rendering. About the only accurate parts are the street layout, and the render of Capital Pointe.

Old Posted Apr 6, 2012, 7:08 PM

Quote:
That green building is where city hall would be, except it looks nothing like city hall. The buildings in that picture only vaguely resemble Regina, they're all the wrong sizes and colours.

Old Posted Apr 7, 2012, 5:42 AM
Edan

This is so awesome. I talked to a few people that are fairly high up in regards to their knowledge on this project during my work experience at the Hotel Saskatchewan. They were talking about how they are expecting the hotel section to open sometime during 2015, and know for a fact that construction is to be going ahead on fairly shortly. However, it will not be open for the Grey cup. Which I thought was surprising as it would be ingenious to open for such a highly regarded event. It is confirmed that it is a Hilton Gardens Inn, and since there will be little to no convention space, it will not be considered competition for most downtown hotels. Also, the Regina Inn is currently undergoing rebranding and is looking at becoming a sheraton, ritz carlton, radisson blu.. etc. However, that one is being kept fairly secret.

Old Posted Apr 8, 2012, 4:35 PM

Here's to hoping they name the pub Good Time Charlies for old time's sake.

Kashlee Parmiter

Quote:
Today, she has a busy private business and sells houses for local house builder Artisan. And recently, she signed on to sell condominiums in the Capital Pointe tower at the corner of Albert Street and Victoria that is supposed to break ground this summer. While the project will become the city’s tallest building and is one of this city’s most ambitious condominium projects, it has raised eyebrows locally because of its long string of delays. But Parmiter said it’s hoped the hotel and the first six floors of the 26-floor complex will be ready for use by the 2013 Grey Cup. With about 20 per cent of the units sold, negotiations continue with respect to the owner of the hotel as well as commercial tenants that are to include an upscale grocery store and a brew pub.

Read more: http://www.leaderpost.com/business/K...#ixzz1rSwv9Q7z

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan