HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley

Old Posted Jun 29, 2023, 4:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klazu View Post
Pretty nice tour of one of the penthouses in the second tallest tower. Over 2,000 sqft of living space but $6,500/month in Brentwood? Me thinks not.
looks like a nice place. small kitchen though.

but yeah i will pass at $6,500/month.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2023, 3:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VancouverOfTheFuture View Post
looks like a nice place. small kitchen though.

but yeah i will pass at $6,500/month.
That has got to be the most disappointing kitchen $6500 a month can buy you.

Old Posted Jun 29, 2023, 6:00 PM

2,000 SF for $6,500 is only just over $3.00 PSF. That's a screaming deal, especially when you factor in that outrageously large patio and 4 parking stalls included!

Old Posted Jun 29, 2023, 6:04 PM

The patio looks nice but the kitchen is indeed tiny. Everything else is very standard looking.

Even for the size, such rents are ridiculous for a suburb, which Brentwood definitely is. I have seen many similarly priced units sit for months unrented in the same area.

Old Posted Oct 14, 2023, 6:22 PM

Construction began on phase 3:

Last edited by 53064043; Oct 14, 2023 at 6:26 PM. Reason: resizing image

Old Posted Oct 16, 2023, 8:48 PM

There are reports of explosion and fire on one of the towers last night. Anyone know more?

Old Posted Oct 16, 2023, 9:51 PM

Quote:
There are reports of explosion and fire on one of the towers last night. Anyone know more?
Yes I live in tower 1. There was an explosion caused by an e-bike charging on a balcony in tower 2. The unit caught on fire.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2023, 12:19 AM

Wow, that's very unfortunate as the unit must have been inhabited for only months. I am very curious, how did they put the fire out that high up?

Old Posted Oct 17, 2023, 12:41 AM

all these people buying crap made in china batteries to put in their e-bikes. danger to everyone in a building. manufacturing in china has been one of the worst things for society in history.

this is why NYC made a ban so only UL certified e-bikes, e-scooters, batteries, etc are allowed. too many fires & deaths.

Quote:
Local Law 39, which takes effect on Sept. 16, will prohibit the sale, lease or rental of e-bikes and e-scooters — along with their batteries — that fail to meet recognized industry safety standards.

New York will require e-bikes to be tested and certified to a specific safety standard, known as UL 2849, which was developed by UL Standards & Engagement, a nonprofit organization, with input from the e-bike industry.

E-scooters will have to meet a similar safety standard, UL 2272. And lithium batteries that are sold separately for use in e-bikes and other e-mobility devices will be held to a third standard, UL 2271.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2023, 3:43 AM

Quote:
Wow, that's very unfortunate as the unit must have been inhabited for only months. I am very curious, how did they put the fire out that high up?
I saw the firefighters connect their hose to the street hydrant but they did not use it. I assume they went up and used an extinguisher. It was pretty quick once they arrived to the unit.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2023, 6:10 AM

The strata will now ban e-bikes and e-scooters (....or should).
They have all the justification they need for doing so.

This person was charging theirs on the balcony.
Imagine if they had been charging it inside their unit next to combustible or even explosive objects or components.

Also, another point in the book for cities outlawing the skipping of floors in building floor numbering - for this very specific reason.
Think of the time saved for the firefighters not having to rely on manually counting the floors up the side of the building to know which physical floor the fire was on - and then trying to figure it out once inside, because they know they can rely on the floor numbers or the elevator floor number system.

Old Posted Oct 17, 2023, 6:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 53064043 View Post
I saw the firefighters connect their hose to the street hydrant but they did not use it. I assume they went up and used an extinguisher. It was pretty quick once they arrived to the unit.
they could also use the stand pipe i imagine. depends how big it would be. those i believe get connected to a pump truck which would draw from the city hydrant.

Old Posted Oct 21, 2023, 10:51 PM
:: slurrey.com ::

The building sprinklers should put the fire out pretty quick anyway except for the patio correct? I've seen those go off they release a TON of water and flood most of the lower floors. Happened in my building the day I was supposed to move in

Old Posted Oct 25, 2023, 3:07 AM

Sprinklers won't put out a Lithium battery fire. Not much will.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2023, 6:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XB70 Valkyrie View Post
Sprinklers won't put out a Lithium battery fire. Not much will.
nice user name. it was an impressive plane for the time, much like the A-5 Vigilante. one of my personal favourites.

Old Posted Oct 27, 2023, 2:26 PM

Reminds me of that unit on Vancouver House that has a propane patio heater that looks like it's 1 foot away from the top of the patio "ceiling"

Old Posted Nov 1, 2023, 2:27 AM

Quote:
Construction began on phase 3:
That's presumably Oasis, which Concord call Phase 2. Phase 1A was towers 1 & 2, and 1B was towers 3 & 4.

Does anybody know if those are complete yet? In theory they had a 2023 completion pencilled in, but there seemed to be quite a bit still to do a couple of months ago.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2023, 6:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changing City View Post
That's presumably Oasis, which Concord call Phase 2. Phase 1A was towers 1 & 2, and 1B was towers 3 & 4.

Does anybody know if those are complete yet? In theory they had a 2023 completion pencilled in, but there seemed to be quite a bit still to do a couple of months ago.
Yes you're right. I live in phase one and am still going by the old marketing material

Last I heard homeowners of phase 1B will begin getting homeowner inspection/walkthroughs towards the end of the year.

Old Posted Nov 1, 2023, 6:29 PM

Quote:
Yes you're right. I live in phase one and am still going by the old marketing material

Last I heard homeowners of phase 1B will begin getting homeowner inspection/walkthroughs towards the end of the year.
Great: thanks.

Old Posted Dec 17, 2023, 10:50 PM

2023-12-16

Untitled by Lexus LX600, on Flickr

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Vancouver > Metro Vancouver & the Fraser Valley