HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted Dec 24, 2019, 3:52 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TownGuy View Post
Yep, lovin it. They're paying those guys to win, let them do it. Not many teams can match the top 4 of the Leafs and we are seeing that under Keefe. So refreshing to see lines loaded up at opportune times as well as heavy minutes for the big guns. Keefe knew they have the Xmas break coming so might as well go all in today.
At this rate they might even get to play Boston in the play offs!!!

Old Posted Dec 24, 2019, 2:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suburbanite View Post
That was one of the craziest games I've ever seen.

-Score 3 in the first 5 minutes and the goalie gets pulled.

-Let in 5 unanswered including 3 in just over a minute.

-Score 3 more goals in 59 seconds to win the game.

No way the Leafs make that comeback under Babcock. Keefe put his best players together and told them to win the game and they did. Babs would've had the fourth line out there grinding for the last 10 minutes of the game.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2019, 9:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TownGuy View Post
Yep, lovin it. They're paying those guys to win, let them do it. Not many teams can match the top 4 of the Leafs and we are seeing that under Keefe. So refreshing to see lines loaded up at opportune times as well as heavy minutes for the big guns. Keefe knew they have the Xmas break coming so might as well go all in today.
Agreed. I like thew look of the Leafs under Keefe so far. Hopefully they can keep it up in the new year.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2019, 10:00 PM

Interesting stats if anyone's interested. At one time all Canadian teams had 100% attendance, but it has slipped of late. Ottawa is averaging only 60% of attendance (the lowest in the league) even lower than Florida and Arizona! I was also surprised to see Edmonton not selling out. With a superstar like McDavid and a brand new building, I thought they would have easily sold out their games.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/attendance

Old Posted Dec 29, 2019, 11:33 PM
I am the law!

Chicago is very impressive but, I still have to give it to Detroit.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2019, 11:49 PM

How does Calgary have the best road %? Montreal and Toronto seem like they would be higher in that regard.

Old Posted Dec 29, 2019, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper View Post
Chicago is very impressive but, I still have to give it to Detroit.
Detroit's attendance numbers are fudged. Their arena usually looks no better than 60% full.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2019, 12:16 AM
Community Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaineN View Post
Interesting stats if anyone's interested. At one time all Canadian teams had 100% attendance, but it has slipped of late. Ottawa is averaging only 60% of attendance (the lowest in the league) even lower than Florida and Arizona! I was also surprised to see Edmonton not selling out. With a superstar like McDavid and a brand new building, I thought they would have easily sold out their games.

A LOT of people did not renew last year because of the on/off-ice play.

In addition, the 3yr terms of boxes, sportsnet lounge, loge, etc. ended.

Wake me up when I can see skyscrapers

Old Posted Dec 30, 2019, 6:36 PM

Well my team has been doing well lately so obviously its time to post the Canadian standings lol :

Rank Team GP Points

11 Toronto 40 47

12 Vancouver 40 46

15 Winnipeg 39 45

16 Calgary 41 45

18 Edmonton 41 44

22 Montreal 39 42

26 Ottawa 39 37

Just 5 points separate 6 of the 7 Canadian teams

Old Posted Dec 30, 2019, 6:48 PM
BANNED

Quote:

Ever catch a home game the Panthers are playing, arena is usually mostly empty aside from games featuring teams from the eastern seaboard, any attendance numbers in Florida are definitely fudged~

Old Posted Dec 30, 2019, 6:49 PM
Community Guy

Our annual mid-season/xmas slump; it will be very interesting to see how the Oilers work to recover from this.

Old Posted Dec 30, 2019, 7:13 PM

Quote:

You seen the prices for tickets? Eventually people reach their limit in terms of what they're willing to pay.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2019, 3:54 AM

Quote:

The last time Ottawa sold out every game of the season was about 12 years ago. I'm not sure about Van/Cgy/Edm, but Vancouver wasn't even selling out their playoff games the last few times they were in the playoffs, so it shouldn't come as too much of a surprise.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2019, 4:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
Ever catch a home game the Panthers are playing, arena is usually mostly empty aside from games featuring teams from the eastern seaboard, any attendance numbers in Florida are definitely fudged~
True, they probably are, or they tickets are sold but people just aren't showing up.

Seems Canadian teams aren't immune to that attitude.

Oilers game at puck drop. I'm sure some more fans manged to show up, but this game had more than 2,000 unsold tickets, not to mention people who had tickets but didn't show. It's not Florida, but going in that direction.

https://twitter.com/OilersJohn/statu...83562931867648

Old Posted Dec 31, 2019, 4:29 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denscity View Post
Well my team has been doing well lately so obviously its time to post the Canadian standings lol :

Rank Team GP Points

11 Toronto 40 47

12 Vancouver 40 46

15 Winnipeg 39 45

16 Calgary 41 45

18 Edmonton 41 44

22 Montreal 39 42

26 Ottawa 39 37

Just 5 points separate 6 of the 7 Canadian teams
For the record Toronto isn't actually in a playoff spot at the moment.

Boston Florida, and Tampa are all ahead in terms of point percentages per game.

Which the Metro has 5 teams ahead of the leafs.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2019, 4:32 AM
BANNED

Quote:

It is a very simple equation going to Kanata sucks.

If they don't get an Arena deal soon the team is absolutely going to Quebec city.

They might as well move the Leafs to Orangeville, they'd have a far better chance of selling out versus having a team in Kanata.

We didn't want to ask our ride to enter Kanata so we took the new O train.

It was great except the "shuttle" to the game still took 50 mins.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2019, 5:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc_yyc_ca View Post
True, they probably are, or they tickets are sold but people just aren't showing up.

Seems Canadian teams aren't immune to that attitude.

Oilers game at puck drop. I'm sure some more fans manged to show up, but this game had more than 2,000 unsold tickets, not to mention people who had tickets but didn't show. It's not Florida, but going in that direction.

I remember before 2004 the Saddledome would be like this as well. Have been at games where they asked us to move to the lower bowl to make it look better.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2019, 8:02 AM
Community Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc_yyc_ca View Post
It's not Florida, but going in that direction.

Hardly, but there is only so much we as fans can take and the cost is becoming outrageous in for most.

We share season tickets with 4 other guys and all of us are doing ok, but the cost/value proposition is becoming harder to digest at times.

That said, things ebb and flow.

*our seats are in this shot and we are not in our seats as of yet.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2019, 2:46 PM
ハルウララ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berklon View Post
Detroit's attendance numbers are fudged. Their arena usually looks no better than 60% full.
Breaking: All sports attendance numbers are fudged. It's tickets distributed reported, not people entering the building.

Old Posted Dec 31, 2019, 4:01 PM

I see Florida was mentioned a couple of times above. I went in 2009 and stayed at my aunt's house. Leafs happened to be in town and it was still somewhat sparsely attended. What I found odd was that when I went to the ticket office I asked for the cheapest ticket and they said cheapest ticket is $55, but it will cost $19. Sure enough $55 was printed on the face of the ticket.

I thought, how could uppers cost $55 at a Panthers game in 2009? At the same time, I seem to recall purples at the ACC being $45 as my co-worker had those season tix and I'd buy a pair every year from her.

Either the Panthers ticket lady gave me bad info or they were using psychological tactics to make you feel like you're getting a good deal.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada