HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Old Posted May 5, 2024, 7:30 AM
Edan

Saskatoon - 9

Approx 2.6/100K (using metro pop. of 347,000)

Old Posted May 13, 2024, 1:24 AM

30 for toronto

Old Posted May 22, 2024, 3:30 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Three young men in their teens and 20s were killed during a brawl involving 15 people in Montreal's Plateau Mont-Royal last night. Not known for being a high-crime area, though this did occur near a public housing project.

Old Posted May 22, 2024, 4:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Three young men in their teens and 20s were killed during a brawl involving 15 people in Montreal's Plateau Mont-Royal last night. Not known for being a high-crime area, though this did occur near a public housing project.
And I think that it makes 7 murders in something like 10 days.

Old Posted May 22, 2024, 7:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
Holy shit, that's pretty crazy. Housing projects on the Plateau? Would that be the Jeanne mance houses?? I can't think of any other housing project in the plateau area.

Old Posted May 22, 2024, 7:36 PM
Unapologetic Occidental

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisito View Post
Holy shit, that's pretty crazy. Housing projects on the Plateau? Would that be the Jeanne mance houses?? I can't think of any other housing project in the plateau area.
I think it might just be a public housing building, maybe not an entire project.

Though yes it's in a super safe area, apparently near the famous La Banquise poutine joint and not too far from Parc LaFontaine.

It took place in the early evening as well I think.

Old Posted Jun 11, 2024, 10:09 PM

Top 5

Toronto - 36
Montreal - 17
Winnipeg - 16
Edmonton - 16
Saskatoon - 10

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:20 PM

What's the most Saskatoon has had in a year? 10 just before the midpoint of the year seems high.

Old Posted Yesterday, 9:45 PM
Project manger

Start posting the names of JUDGES who release criminals who commit crime. See how many repeat names we have that pop up as weak judges that go against the recommendations of Crown Council.

Old Posted Yesterday, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHINO View Post
Start posting the names of JUDGES who release criminals who commit crime. See how many repeat names we have that pop up as weak judges that go against the recommendations of Crown Council.
Judges release people who commit crimes all the time. They should be able to justify it when they do. Their names and the cases they hear are a matter of public record and are often reported by the media. We could never afford to keep everyone in jail in any event. If you mean those convicted of serious crime(s) and deemed likely to re-offend, then I'm on board, but I doubt many of those are simply released after conviction. You may be thinking of those released on parole?

Old Posted Yesterday, 11:09 PM
Project manger

A few days ago, a local junkie beat a guy into a comma. That man is now likely going to die. Unfortunately the perpetrator was released by the judge, and now its known that they are looking for him to charge him with ( likely 2nd degree murder ) .

Amazingly enough....... wait for it, he hasn't turned himself in. He was literally in custody and they let him go from the court room after the CROWN asked he be detained but the judge said no and let him go with out bail.

Another Kamloops judge let a 20 time repeat offender walk after they attacked 3 people in a Tim Hortons here a month ago. She told the attacker, " you need to clean your life up, I don't want to see you again". Same judge let a man go after putting his wife in the hospital ( after holding her against her will in a motel for 2 days ). He was released, went to the hospital and beat the crap out of her and a nurse. He was then given .... 2 weeks.

Why do any of us follow ANY laws? there is zero real repercussions it would seem to just doing what we want to.

Old Posted Today, 12:14 AM

Quote:
A few days ago, a local junkie beat a guy into a comma. That man is now likely going to die. Unfortunately the perpetrator was released by the judge, and now its known that they are looking for him to charge him with ( likely 2nd degree murder ) .

Amazingly enough....... wait for it, he hasn't turned himself in. He was literally in custody and they let him go from the court room after the CROWN asked he be detained but the judge said no and let him go with out bail.

Another Kamloops judge let a 20 time repeat offender walk after they attacked 3 people in a Tim Hortons here a month ago. She told the attacker, " you need to clean your life up, I don't want to see you again". Same judge let a man go after putting his wife in the hospital ( after holding her against her will in a motel for 2 days ). He was released, went to the hospital and beat the crap out of her and a nurse. He was then given .... 2 weeks.

Why do any of us follow ANY laws? there is zero real repercussions it would seem to just doing what we want to.
Even minor agression by an addict should lead to a choice jail or clean up. While we shouldnt punish people for being addicts it shouldn't be a get out of jail card either.

Old Posted Today, 12:19 AM
Go Tall or Go Home

Quote:

This is so infuriating.

Old Posted Today, 2:19 AM

Quote:

Have you got any links to media coverage? I couldn't find anything.

Old Posted Today, 5:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwoldtimer View Post
Have you got any links to media coverage? I couldn't find anything.
The assault is probably this story, although the details in RHINOs version don't really match.

The assault was last month, not a few days ago. The police identified him from security camera footage, and he was arrested and charged a couple of days later for aggravated assault. (That charge would be changed if the victim dies). The prosecuter did request he was detained, but the judge (who is named in the article) granted bail. The alleged assailant doesn't seem to have disappeared - he is required to live under house arrest conditions at his father’s farm in the North Thompson.

EDIT - Kamloops does seem to have seen a rise in homicides - there were 5 last year in a city of around 100,000, so the homicide rate last year was in the same league as Saskatoon and Winnipeg.

Last edited by Changing City; Today at 5:39 AM.

Old Posted Today, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Changing City View Post
The assault is probably this story, although the details in RHINOs version don't really match.

The assault was last month, not a few days ago. The police identified him from security camera footage, and he was arrested and charged a couple of days later for aggravated assault. (That charge would be changed if the victim dies). The prosecuter did request he was detained, but the judge (who is named in the article) granted bail. The alleged assailant doesn't seem to have disappeared - he is required to live under house arrest conditions at his father’s farm in the North Thompson.

EDIT - Kamloops does seem to have seen a rise in homicides - there were 5 last year in a city of around 100,000, so the homicide rate last year was in the same league as Saskatoon and Winnipeg.
Diplomatic ...

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada