HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Old Posted Aug 19, 2020, 6:14 PM

A little too soon to get excited though. I just realized that this appears to be a conceptual rendering that Portman Architecture did for whoever is marketing the site for development.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2020, 11:08 PM
Just a dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinman View Post
A little too soon to get excited though. I just realized that this appears to be a conceptual rendering that Portman Architecture did for whoever is marketing the site for development.
Yep - twitter is aflame but it's conceptual - would be a very cool addition but nobody should get excited about this as of now.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2020, 11:34 PM

Drapac Puts 323 Spring St Up For Sale

https://www.bisnow.com/atlanta/news/...c-0d5405bbe4bd

Quote:
An Australian real estate investor has put another of its Downtown Atlanta parcels on the market. Drapac Capital Partners has tapped JLL to sell 323 Spring St., an acre lot sandwiched between West Peachtree Place and Simpson Street a block from Centennial Olympic Park. The site is now a commercial parking lot, operated by Lanier Parking, and was purchased by Drapac in 2016 for $4.2M. The land was most recently assessed at a value of $3M by the city of Atlanta and is zoned for a mix of uses that could allow for 1.4M SF. Drapac did not disclose an asking price.

Old Posted Aug 19, 2020, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smArTaLlone View Post
  • Stories: 44
  • Building Height: 526 ft
  • Residential Floor Area: 283,602 sf
  • Residential Units: 198
  • Average Unit Size: 980 gross sf
  • Office Floor Area: 226,800 sf
  • Office Floor Plate: 25,200 sf
  • Amenity Floor Area: 33,535 sf
323 Spring

https://portmanarchitects.com/projec...xed-use-tower/

This looks and sounds horrendous. Also nine friggen stories of parking...? Are we still doing this so close to MARTA....?

This looks and sounds horrendous. Also, nine stories of parking? Are we still doing these deck podiums this close to MARTA....???

Old Posted Aug 20, 2020, 3:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYbyWAYofGA View Post
This looks and sounds horrendous.
In your opinion...

Also, if you’ve ever been to Peachtree Center station then you should know why they aren’t going with underground parking.

Old Posted Aug 20, 2020, 3:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username123 View Post
In your opinion.
I think it is a beautiful building, but I would love to see how they plan to wash windows for this building. Will they have their landscape crew hanging from the side of the building? We will probably end up with something like the Margaritaville hotel tower at this location....

Old Posted Aug 21, 2020, 8:14 PM

Details on 1015 Boulevard

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...source=twitter

Quote:
A developer is seeking to build separate townhome and mixed-use developments on the southern edge of historic Grant Park, just yards away from the planned Southside Trail of the Atlanta BeltLine. The projects together would add more than 330 new residences as density continues to progress quickly on land along the former railroad corridor.

Charleston-S.C.-based Middle Street Partners is proposing a $73 million mixed-use development on 3.5 acres at 1015 Boulevard SE, south of Mead Street and adjacent to the planned BeltLine. The project would include 323 multifamily residential units as well as street-level commercial and retail space. Price for the 3.5 acres is estimated at more than $6 million, according to an online offering memorandum by Ackerman & Co.

The projects are south just east of Grant Street where The Providence Group opened last year Pratt Stacks, a 150-condominium development spread out over 16 buildings standing four stories. Prices range between $390,000 to low $500,000. Across the street from Pratt Stacks is The Beacon, a $20 million adaptive reuse project.

1015 Boulevard

Middle Street Partners’ proposed mixed-use development at 1015 Boulevard SE, and called 1015 Boulevard, would include a 6-story building with 323 multifamily residential units, 5,000 square feet of street-level of commercial and retail space and an underground parking deck. Rooftop terraces and balconies are included.

Retail space would include space for restaurants and there would be a courtyard with visibility of the BeltLine as well as pedestrian access to the BeltLine.

Boulevard Townhomes” (993-1007 Boulevard)

Middle Street Partners is beginning the rezoning process of less than an acre at 993-1007 Boulevard SE to make way for 14 townhomes that would be priced about $690,000, according to the application filed with the city. For-sale residences along the BeltLine do not fall under the inclusionary zoning policy.

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Aug 29, 2020 at 11:56 PM.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2020, 8:24 PM

Oh look at that, 323 units on 3.5 acres with underground parking directly across the BeltLine from the 316 units on 8.5 acres that people here argue is a location that doesn’t justify the cost of units.

Old Posted Aug 21, 2020, 8:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
Oh look at that, 323 units on 3.5 acres with underground parking directly across the BeltLine from the 316 units on 8.5 acres that people here argue is a location that doesn’t justify the cost of units.
I knew this comment was coming!

Old Posted Aug 21, 2020, 8:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alco89 View Post
I knew this comment was coming!
I weighed saying nothing, but couldn’t refrain. I try not to be a hard head, although I admit I can be entrenched in views where it takes detailed facts to convince me otherwise. Will note ATL J is right about the townhomes per acre, I was off on that. But 8.5 acres for townhomes isn’t that far off from the units proposed, either (255 units at 30/acre compared w/ 316 units at Skylark). Some economic realities in Atlanta are just too obvious and I don’t understand why people push back so hard without sound logic. My main point is we should be demanding more of our city to demand more from our developers. We have a vast amount of financial investment occurring in the city, far greater than numerous other metros, and people act like we should settle for less than mediocre planning. I’m not of that faith.

Here’s the site plan:

Old Posted Aug 24, 2020, 9:21 PM

Developers propose 25-story student housing tower at GSU

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...mid-georg.html

Quote:
Two longtime Atlanta developers want to turn a tiny office building and parking lot tucked amid the Georgia State University campus into a 25-story student housing tower.

Developers Jim Meyer, of Atlantic Capital Properties, and Mack Reese, of Gateway Ventures, proposed the $87 million project at John Wesley Dobbs Avenue and Courtland Street. It would feature 247 units and 742 beds, with up to 15% of the units set aside for working class households at 80% of Area Median Income and renting from about $1,100 to $1,900.

The Meyer and Reese partnership have the less than 1-acre property, which includes a 1960s office building and an empty parking lot, under contract.

The redevelopment of the site may hinge on a request for a $4.3 million reduction in property taxes over the next 10 years. The proposal goes before the Development Authority of Fulton County on Aug. 25.

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Aug 29, 2020 at 11:55 PM.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2020, 10:43 PM

Pullman Flats has broken ground

https://whatnowatlanta.com/new-rende...pullman-flats/
Quote:
As Pullman Flats prepares to go vertical, Developer Proxima Residential has released updated renderings and details for the 60-unit Kirkwood condo development, named for the under-construction, adjacent Pratt-Pullman District entertainment complex. Presales are also underway.

After filing for building permits in May, Proxima has now demolished the one-story residential structures at the site and is well into pre-construction work for Pullman Flats, at 112 Rogers St. SE. While it’s unclear exactly when the project will go vertical, Pullman Flats is on track for a late-fall 2021 delivery.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2020, 2:44 AM

111 John Wesley Dobbs

Last edited by smArTaLlone; Aug 29, 2020 at 12:48 AM.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2020, 6:05 AM

Yeeeeessssss

Downtown needs this badly.
Is this located caddy-corner to the student housing tower 121? Courtland?

Hopefully so. I say bring it on. Never mind. I can see that it is.

Yeeaaahhh.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2020, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Advocate View Post
I weighed saying nothing, but couldn’t refrain. I try not to be a hard head, although I admit I can be entrenched in views where it takes detailed facts to convince me otherwise. Will note ATL J is right about the townhomes per acre, I was off on that. But 8.5 acres for townhomes isn’t that far off from the units proposed, either (255 units at 30/acre compared w/ 316 units at Skylark). Some economic realities in Atlanta are just too obvious and I don’t understand why people push back so hard without sound logic. My main point is we should be demanding more of our city to demand more from our developers. We have a vast amount of financial investment occurring in the city, far greater than numerous other metros, and people act like we should settle for less than mediocre planning. I’m not of that faith.

I'm not sure what is you wanted out of this site and I've asked you a few times. I'm not trying to be antagonistic, I suppose you want density, but you're ignoring the economic realities that come with that.

You say demand more, but demand more of what? Higher density? Is that your sole complaint? Again, just curious.

To reiterate, Skylark is an entry development into a low density residential area with densities far greater than any townhome development or other existing developments in the vicinity. Yes, it is surface parked, but its done relatively well and addresses Boulevard w/ active uses. You can't force density on sites if the economics aren't there.

As the area develops, increased density should come, but you can't force a private landowner not to sell his land and demand that he holds only when the economics make sense for higher density development. Skylark is adding relatively affordable rental units at a relatively high density for what exists in the area.

As I mentioned elsewhere, it takes times for areas to create the value necessary for higher density development - just look at West Midtown which led with surface parked retail (White Provision's first phase) and apartments (M Street) over 15 years ago. You can see this value starting to be created along that southern stretch of the BeltLine, but even then, its just not there yet to drive higher densities (nor is that necessarily a good thing).

680 Hamilton is around 40-45 units / acre, but you seem to be okay with that one? Its around the same densities as Skylark and it has two years for the area to develop and create value over Skylark.

I get that you're happy about 1015 Boulevard, as am I! But this doesn't negate anything said about Skylark. 1015 Boulevard probably paid significantly more for the land, they're underwriting rents with 2-years of growth and demonstrated success, thanks to Skylark. And they're asking for tax abatements to make the project work (https://saportareport.com/complaints...ty-tax-breaks/).

If your issue w/ Skylark is it doesn't address the BeltLine, then you're ignoring the challenges of the site created by the topography.

With all that said, it'll be interesting to see this area develop.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2020, 1:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLMidcity View Post
Yeeeeessssss

Downtown needs this badly.
Is this located caddy-corner to the student housing tower 121? Courtland?

Hopefully so. I say bring it on. Never mind. I can see that it is.

Yeeaaahhh.
See the site below. I thought this project might be pushing to break ground this year with the way it has been flying through permitting but they told the Fulton DFAC that they don't yet have financing.

Old Posted Aug 27, 2020, 1:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL_J View Post
I'm not sure what is you wanted out of this site and I've asked you a few times. I'm not trying to be antagonistic, I supp...
Well said; I'm not a fan of of the surface parking either, but I like the rest of the development and think it is a tasteful design, and addresses the street well.

Old Posted Aug 29, 2020, 4:00 PM

Old Posted Aug 30, 2020, 2:15 PM

Quote:

This is a great looking project. More of this please.

Old Posted Aug 31, 2020, 1:41 PM

505 Courtland set to break ground in September

https://www.bizjournals.com/atlanta/...anta-site.html

Quote:
A 16-story apartment tower is the latest project sparking long-awaited revitalization within Atlanta’s SoNo district.

Woodfield Development just purchased the nearly 1.1-acre site at 505 Courtland St. where it will build the 284-unit project. It’s the first residential tower to be developed in SoNo in the past 10 years.

Woodfield paid just under $7.9 million for the development site, a record price in SoNo based on a land per square foot value. It’s a reminder of the new investment finally pouring into the area.

While SoNo features Atlanta landmarks such as the 55-story gold-crowned Bank of America Plaza, for years development has been sluggish compared with other parts of the city such a Midtown, West Midtown and areas along the Beltline Eastside Trail.

Lenders are also buying into SoNo's renewal. Santander Bank N.A. is providing a $54.7 million construction loan for the nearly $90 million apartment tower, according to Fulton County property deeds. Woodfield’s Patrick Kassin said his firm will break ground on the project in September.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta