HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 5:39 PM
Ignore these four words.

The word "racist" is a strong and serious word. It shouldn't be thrown around loosely because the strength and seriousness of it is diminished. I don't find anything racist about rr's comments - it's just the plain truth and the fact is, the people in that unfortunate situation come in all stripes and colours. I agree with him.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 5:54 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando View Post
These comments are racist and offensive and don't belong on this forum. I'm surprised the "moderators" haven't done anything about it.
Keep throwing that word around and racists are going to "take it back".

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 5:59 PM
Armchair urbanist

Token Native guy here. I've disagreed with rrskylar in the past but it's true. I'm just glad he didn't restore to "name calling" and took the high road.

Just so everyone knows, we're trying. I don't think it's a lost cause so we'll get there. For example, I'm Software Developer and am trying to teach kids my path. My family and friends don't live that life, so there's more positive than you think.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 6:01 PM

aahh the forgotten race, criminals.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 7:57 PM

Quote:
These comments are racist and offensive and don't belong on this forum. I'm surprised the "moderators" haven't done anything about it.
I'm metis. always trying to look at this half glass full.. but maintain a cynical eye to all the issues.

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 8:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexrae View Post
Token Native guy here. I've disagreed with rrskylar in the past but it's true. I'm just glad he didn't restore to "name calling" and took the high road.

Just so everyone knows, we're trying. I don't think it's a lost cause so we'll get there. For example, I'm Software Developer and am trying to teach kids my path. My family and friends don't live that life, so there's more positive than you think.
Great for you and yours. Nothing makes me happier than success where it can be a challenge.Kudos!
I have friensd both Native and metis who have done very well considering some obstacles they overcame with perseverance.

Yes, some of the comments skylar makes are aggressive but we have to face facts when that is what they are.
I am not a fan of confrontation nor the ostrich method.
Plus, this is not Trump land with alternate facts. lol

Old Posted Mar 27, 2017, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
City and province have no money because everything goes for social services, health care for a segment of the population that eats up way more than their fair share because of unhealthy lifestyle practices and the judicial system including public safety and policing than once again is spent primarily on a certain group that is always on the wrong side of the law!

End of rant!
100%

Quote:
Sorry man, but that's lazy.

Despite the insinuation you're still making an assumption, and despite the modern tendencies of SJW's to scream out allll the buzzwords like racism, xenophobia, sexism, ageism... all the phobias and isms... it's reckless.

They carry weight. They do big damage to those accused of them and the mere rebuttal using those buzzwords is assumed to be the end of the conversation.

All that does is hide truth, avoid discussion, and halt true improvement. Our society cannot get anything done because the moment something uncomfortable happens these words get shouted and everything stops.

Even worse, it pisses people off until actual racists are bred.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 12:19 AM
BANNED

the problem is white supremacy + capitalism and complaining about sjw's and political correctness shows that you don't have any concept of the way the world actually works and why disparities in wealth exist.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 12:22 AM
BANNED

you want more money for health care? drastically reduce the number of cops. reduce their pay. tax high income earners more. do you care about the livelihood of indigenous peoples? advocate for them. support their causes. stop letting corporations destroy the land and steal resources.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 12:23 AM
BANNED

This is why Pallister was refusing to agree to Ottawa's funding, or lackthereof. Manitoba's high percentage of people not paying into the system, seriously affects the cost of healthcare in the province.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 12:24 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by headhorse View Post
you want more money for health care? drastically reduce the number of cops. reduce their pay. tax high income earners more. do you care about the livelihood of indigenous peoples? advocate for them. support their causes. stop letting corporations destroy the land and steal resources.
The high number of police correlates with the aboriginal population.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 2:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban recluse View Post
This is why Pallister was refusing to agree to Ottawa's funding, or lackthereof. Manitoba's high percentage of people not paying into the system, seriously affects the cost of healthcare in the province.
Retired baby-boomers?

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 3:03 AM
BANNED

Hahaha

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 4:13 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Sorry to offend you Ando but what I posted is called the truth obviously you can't handle it! Ask anyone in Manitoba at social services, healthcare or the judicial system what the elephant in the room is!

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 4:17 PM
BANNED

Ride along with the police, and your eyes will open.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 4:18 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexrae View Post

Of course I don't paint everyone with the same brush, Manitoba has a long way to go in coming up with solutions to lift everyone up but govt. isn't the solution to solve all of this. Thankfully there is some great leadership that ''gets it" and are trying to help!

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 4:22 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban recluse View Post
The high number of police correlates with the aboriginal population.
Not entirely, it's a poverty issue more than anything else. Despite the NDP regime's claims more in Winnipeg become poor during their reign. Programs that were supposed to help didn't and a lot of what they did had the opposite effect. Job creation and a strong economy do more for everyone than social programs!

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 4:30 PM
Heart of the Continent

Having a lot of police doesn't seem to help much.

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 4:44 PM
BANNED

Quote:
You do know what high tax earners do when they are over-taxed right?

PS ignored your other post because it was so fucking stupid!

Old Posted Mar 28, 2017, 9:17 PM

Quote:
the problem is white supremacy + capitalism and complaining about sjw's and political correctness shows that you don't have any concept of the way the world actually works and why disparities in wealth exist.
Yeah no.

You can't just throw around buzzwords with no accuracy whatsoever, toss in disparity and blame whomever you choose "because the system".

All I said was that the post I quoted was reckless, because it perpetuates whining, increases the gravity of any accusation and risks pitting people against each other by hinging on these words rather than discussing.

There are macro problems in this world, but one of the biggest problems is refusing to work on the micro problems while waiting on others to solve the macro issues.

If you know how the world really works, then surely you're on top of the world, no? Because you know how it works and know how to work it?

Nobody who "doesn't know how the world works" doesn't make progress, and I'm doing alright. I assume you are too.
Quote:
Maybe you didn't take some of the previous posts the right way, but nobody is against the livelihood or cause of the indiginous people. There are, however, different interpretations of this among many.

But if supporting the cause means advocating more taxation (but not for indiginous people) and boycotting corporations, we might not get far. If that's the message, then maybe the cause has to evolve.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan