HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Jan 8, 2022, 8:40 PM
surely you agree with me

Trudy Schroeder would be a great politician. She’s an amazing person. Probably doesn’t have the celebrity of the other two.

I thought Obby was going to run for Mayor. Still might I guess depending on how this goes.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2022, 8:46 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:
Originally Posted by trueviking View Post
Trudy Schroeder would be a great politician. She’s an amazing person. Probably doesn’t have the celebrity of the other two.

I thought Obby was going to run for Mayor. Still might I guess depending on how this goes.
if obby dont run for mayor u should...

i like poking u.
people bug me to run in lynn lake all the time but never have time to comit due to type of work i do takeas me 150+kms away where theres no phones

Old Posted Jan 11, 2022, 1:48 AM

Wab and the speNDP wants to give all families $500 per child to aid in remote learning. He says to be used for devices, better internet, or masks and rapid tests. Hey I'd love $1000 but i wouldnt be putting it to any of that. Many many families can use this, but I would say 2-3 x other families definitly dont need this to aid in remote learning, let's not kid ourselves. hand it out based on family income, i would support that

spend spend spend NDP

Old Posted Jan 11, 2022, 3:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags_in_the_peg View Post
Wab and the speNDP wants to give all families $500 per child to aid in remote learning. He says to be used for devices, better internet, or masks and rapid tests. Hey I'd love $1000 but i wouldnt be putting it to any of that. Many many families can use this, but I would say 2-3 x other families definitly dont need this to aid in remote learning, let's not kid ourselves. hand it out based on family income, i would support that

spend spend spend NDP
I wouldn't be so callously dismissive. Maybe to you it's chump change but a lot of families need help. A tablet or a laptop is a big ticket purchase for many. Same with supplies and PPE. Sometimes it's good to spend money to help people out.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2022, 1:20 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
I wouldn't be so callously dismissive. Maybe to you it's chump change but a lot of families need help. A tablet or a laptop is a big ticket purchase for many. Same with supplies and PPE. Sometimes it's good to spend money to help people out.
Universal programs are simpler to administer, requires less bureaucracy, gives autonomy to the recipient, and is the fairest way to do things. Some who don’t need it will receive it but those people are also paying more taxes. The poster you are responding to is likely too simple-minded to think this through to understand that in a complex society like ours where our immense wealth is increasingly concentrated with a small amount of people that these things are absolutely necessary and costs less to deal with up front compared to later. Either that or they are sociopathic and don’t care about the implications of a society that is going backwards.

Old Posted Jan 11, 2022, 1:31 PM

Anyway, these memes about John Reyes are hilarious.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...-hospital.html

Putting Manitoba on the map!

Old Posted Jan 11, 2022, 2:26 PM

Feel bad for his wife. I get what he was trying to say. But he got roasted haha

Old Posted Jan 12, 2022, 5:52 AM

Quote:

spend spend spend NDP
Hmmm. Remember when Pallister spent $45 million handing out $200 cheques to every senior regardless of income (including himself) to help out with pandemic expenses? This idea has way more merit than that turd of an idea. And who cares exactly how the money is spent by families anyway. Lots of folks have extra expenses due to the pandemic. Let the money flow.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2022, 9:05 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Quote:

spend spend spend NDP
500$ would be nice for some. have friends in city that would be a new laptop for their kids so they can have theirs back fopr their own stuff.

in the north it would be utterly useles north of thompson as the internet cant handle video confrincing.

oversaturated networks so bad ur cell phone wont work on the drive to nelson house from thompson.

leaf rapids only has so much so inless ur with bcn already u aint getting squat

lynn lake mts takes months to show up with cancel apointments u never get a call to tell you it was changed constantly. seen take 6 months to get a tech to trouble shoot dead phone lines while still paying for service let alone get installed.

and xplorenet hahahahah good luck they are not adding new customers and its useles for online learning i tride for rrc stuff useles. cant even watch youtube over 140p and twitch is unaccesble even in audio only

i spend 300$ a month for half broken internet...

till starlink comes the norths screwed. we have certified people for drinking water loosing their certificates cause remote learning cant run on the internet up here.... i can list more but its realy hurting the economy on other fronts as people who want a remote life style stay away (that have money) cause they cant function in the global economy here

modern mining realted work gets strangled all the time by these isues too as everything over the internet even for geoligy

Old Posted Jan 12, 2022, 12:17 PM
BANNED

It’s too bad Manitoba didn’t have a public telecom to bring internet to its remote citizens in the north… Starlink isn’t and shouldn’t be the answer. It’s expensive as hell, their low orbit will pollute the night sky, and the sheer number of them will risk trapping us on earth.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2022, 2:11 PM

i'm no elitist, what I'm saying send it to families under a certain income bracket, but i get that administering that program as opposed to sending it to all can be more headache.

Old Posted Jan 12, 2022, 8:09 PM

If you're telling people to work from home, school from home, etc. You ahould be providing whatever equipment is required.

My workplace for example. Take all our computers, chairs, etc home. They dont expect us to use personal equipment. Otherwise they should be paying you to rent that essentially.

Old Posted Jan 17, 2022, 8:22 PM

Stefanson has the lowest popularity rating among premiers at 21%. Even lower than [shudder] Kenney and Ford. I guess that new leader bounce didn't happen.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...ting-1.6317534

Old Posted Jan 18, 2022, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic_City View Post
Hmmm. Remember when Pallister spent $45 million handing out $200 cheques to every senior regardless of income (including himself) to help out with pandemic expenses? This idea has way more merit than that turd of an idea. And who cares exactly how the money is spent by families anyway. Lots of folks have extra expenses due to the pandemic. Let the money flow.
Yeah, and I remember how all of the NDP voters shit a brick over it. "What a waste, won't do anything, how dare they give money to seniors, etc., etc."

Pretty funny that the NDP's big idea is a pandemic version of the 2005 federal Conservatives' 'beer and popcorn'.

It's a dumb idea no matter the party. If you want to fill a gap in access, then fill the gap. Don't fund someone's front row seats at a Jets game.

Old Posted Jan 29, 2022, 7:16 PM

Well, I guess we won't have to hold any tag days for Stefanson after it was revealed she recently sold $31 million worth of property, which she did not disclose according to conflict of interest rules. She has since corrected the "oversight". A lot like when Pallister forgot to pay his taxes.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...ales-1.6331487

Old Posted Jan 29, 2022, 8:43 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando View Post
Well, I guess we won't have to hold any tag days for Stefanson after it was revealed she recently sold $31 million worth of property, which she did not disclose according to conflict of interest rules. She has since corrected the "oversight". A lot like when Pallister forgot to pay his taxes.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...ales-1.6331487
Guess a leader charged with assault, racist name caller, women beater, and former alcoholic appeals more to Some Manitobans!

Old Posted Jan 29, 2022, 8:53 PM

The Manitoba Conservatives are achieving what was once thought to be impossible. Giving the Alberta UCP a run for their money, as the worst provincial government of all time.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2022, 1:12 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDog204 View Post
The Manitoba Conservatives are achieving what was once thought to be impossible. Giving the Alberta UCP a run for their money, as the worst provincial government of all time.
Sadly I agree!

Old Posted Jan 30, 2022, 3:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
Guess a leader charged with assault, racist name caller, women beater, and former alcoholic appeals more to Some Manitobans!
Appeals more? Nothing about these polls shows approval for the NDP, just how much they approve or not of the PCs.

Not that Manitobans have a choice in an election unless they want to throw away their votes to libs, greens or the new far right party. At least Kinew is open about his past. We now have two consecutive PC premiers that tried to evade taxes or proper declarations of conflicts and had to be outed to the public while in power.

Old Posted Jan 30, 2022, 3:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCake View Post
Appeals more? Nothing about these polls shows approval for the NDP, just how much they approve or not of the PCs.

Not that Manitobans have a choice in an election unless they want to throw away their votes to libs, greens or the new far right party. At least Kinew is open about his past. We now have two consecutive PC premiers that tried to evade taxes or proper declarations of conflicts and had to be outed to the public while in power.
I think it would take a hugely popular leader and inspiring leader for the provincial Liberals to be able to grow their party in the province, and I don't believe that have one right now. IMO the PC's having nothing to run on except to dredge up past scandals about Kinew. Meanwhile, Kinew hasn't really impressed me as a leader. the only time I can remember him making a forceful public statement was when the PC's messed up their residential school response. it seems like most elections (municipal, provincial and federal) seem to be more about "the current person doesn't deserve to be re-elected" rather than "the alternative is a better choice". The nature of elections I guess.

"Naysayers are always predicting the present"-Anon.

"Rudeness is the weak man's imitation of strength"-Eric Hoffer

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan