HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Old Posted Jul 20, 2021, 8:03 AM
Hong Kong

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousquet View Post
Oh? What kind of church was that? I know the Norwegians have had their own kind of national church as the rest of Scandinavia. The Swedes and the Danes have the same, their own churches. But frankly, submission and obedience to the establishment are not particularly a Christian attitude. Christ was never submissive to anybody, was He? He was a serious rebel. The greatest, most fantastic revolutionary in human history!

But yeah, social constructions are something touchy and slow at making progress given the average behavior of human beings. We're all aware of that. So I see why they would do that. But again, this is not genuinely Christian in my opinion.

In real Christianity, everybody including (and especially) those born to the so called Working Class should get opportunities to grow socially successful, at any point of their lifetimes. And they all should stand together as a single united group at church, just like they do in Catholicism.

Social classes and class struggle are a Marxist concept that I deeply dislike anyway.
Society should not be segmented into castes. That is just not ok in Christian faith.
Apparently Lutheran, but I don't think it was a true Christian church in practice given the class segregation the mining company implemented.

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/norway/...1112482/360229

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos