HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta

Closed Thread

Old Posted Oct 28, 2019, 4:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeanuts View Post
Fake foundation work? The city has a permitting process that would prevent anybody from doing fake work especially on a project of this magnitude. The city would have had to approve the plans for the foundation work
Fine. IF it ever goes vertical, I'll gladly eat my words.

Old Posted Oct 28, 2019, 11:35 PM
Just a dude

Again, everyone WANTS this to go vertical, would love some reputable source to speak on the development, so we wait

Old Posted Oct 30, 2019, 6:12 AM

Opus has entering into what project management calls scope creep phase, which is the tendency for project scope to continually increase.

What sane investor or bank would put money into a project that keeps changing its scope statement and development schedule?

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 2:43 PM

Well, it's November! Any updates?

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 5:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden View Post
Well, it's November! Any updates?
They're beginning the process of updating their previous updates.

Old Posted Nov 6, 2019, 7:43 PM

HO hum. If anybody wanted this, it would already be built. Nonetheless, it is wise to check in every year or so to view current construction.

Old Posted Nov 14, 2019, 2:27 AM

Site of No. 2 Opus Place From 11-13-19.

https://twitter.com/ChrisBroughtonT/...779708929?s=20

Old Posted Nov 14, 2019, 2:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 700 View Post
Site of No. 2 Opus Place From 11-13-19.

https://twitter.com/ChrisBroughtonT/...779708929?s=20
I am the biggest homer of all, and I despise this group from hell that started this BULLSHIT Development. Even if it does get built, to hell with them all. I know lawyers at Atlantic Center that are threatening to sue for the eyesore. Yes, this is my reply edited on twitter..

Old Posted Nov 17, 2019, 11:49 AM

I think I read in What's Now Atlanta
that the Midtown Alliance is gonna hold
some kind of memorial service for Opus,
even though there was a loud outcry from
some in attendance that a actual funeral needed to be held.

That was until an unnamed source aptly reported
that you can't have a funeral if the body ('er building)
can't be found.

Does anybody know any details about where this memorial will be held.
I'm planning on attending, and wonder whether I should wear black, or
should I stick with a non-traditional color like red - simply because there
will surely be a lot of blood-letting once the memorial service has concluded.

Old Posted Nov 18, 2019, 4:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLMidcity View Post
I think I read in What's Now Atlanta
that the Midtown Alliance is gonna hold
some kind of memorial service for Opus,
even though there was a loud outcry from
some in attendance that a actual funeral needed to be held.

That was until an unnamed source aptly reported
that you can't have a funeral if the body ('er building)
can't be found.

Does anybody know any details about where this memorial will be held.
I'm planning on attending, and wonder whether I should wear black, or
should I stick with a non-traditional color like red - simply because there
will surely be a lot of blood-letting once the memorial service has concluded.
This is a nice poem

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 2:00 PM

Just for your FYI.

As Opus developers continue to shuffle dirt hither and yon, yet another upscale condo development -- proposed well after No2 Opus -- gets financing to go vertical.

DPG Investments, LLC and Affiliates Structure $105 Million Stretch Construction Loan for Atlanta Highrise Condominium

CHANDLER, Ariz., Nov. 21, 2019 /PRNewswire/ -- DPG Investments, LLC and affiliates are proud to announce another successful capital structuring and closing. DPG structured $105 million in stretch first mortgage construction debt for Seven88 West Midtown, a premium-quality residential high-rise condominium.

DPG Chairman Dan Galvanoni commented, "With this premier transaction, DPG has structured and financed in excess of $250 million in aggregate closings in Georgia, and over $600 million of capital throughout the Southeast. We like the opportunities in the Atlanta and southeastern markets, and have a continuing commitment to structuring private equity and debt capital for real estate and other transactions in Atlanta and the surrounding area." Galvanoni added, "We continue to provide flexible, entrepreneurial capital in extremely complicated and time-sensitive closings."

Joe Joseph, DPG's managing director of real estate finance, noted, "This is a compelling structure with many luxury features, which will add to the Atlanta skyline. DPG is pleased to be a facilitator of significant capital for its development."

About DPG: DPG Investments, LLC and its affiliates provide global alternative investment management and advisory services. With offices in Arizona, California, and Georgia, DPG was founded in 2004 from a top tier family office. DPG is a recognized, premier multi-strategy global private equity, merchant banking, alternative investment, and multi-family office advisory firm.

DPG's diversified private investor base is comprised of a select group of cutting-edge, ultra-high net worth and high net worth private family offices, offshore affiliates, private equity firms, public capital corporations, top tier hedge funds, insurance companies, endowments, pension plans and various best-in-class operating partners.

As a financier, investor or merchant banker structuring in excess of $1.5 billion in capital commitments since 2004, DPG currently is focused on real estate, alternative energy, oil and gas, natural resources, entertainment and media, special situation and distressed investing, selective venture capital, direct private lending, structured credit products, global consumer finance products, financial services, specialty finance platforms, and fund vehicles.

DPG takes pride in delivering customized capital solutions in a disciplined entrepreneurial system.

Old Posted Nov 21, 2019, 2:20 PM

788 West Midtown is very well into the construction process....at least like nearly 10 floors up.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 3:59 PM

So it's time to talk about Opus Place. There's no activity on the site. They said construction would start in November, yet absolutely nothing is happening. I've been keeping my mouth shut on this project for a little while just to see, but I'm getting back on the full skeptic train now.

I just don't see how people still believe these developers. Constantly they tell you a new timeline and they don't fulfill. That's usually a bad sign. I would love to be wrong, but I don't believe I will be.

It sucks that we likely won't see this tower in our skyline...let's just hope another developer comes in and pitches something, but I truly believe this is the most cursed site in Atlanta.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 4:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant131531 View Post
So it's time to talk about Opus Place. There's no activity on the site. They said construction would start in November, yet absolutely nothing is happening. I've been keeping my mouth shut on this project for a little while just to see, but I'm getting back on the full skeptic train now.

I just don't see how people still believe these developers. Constantly they tell you a new timeline and they don't fulfill. That's usually a bad sign. I would love to be wrong, but I don't believe I will be.

It sucks that we likely won't see this tower in our skyline...let's just hope another developer comes in and pitches something, but I truly believe this is the most cursed site in Atlanta.
Agree,,,After they decreased it, it really did not look that great anyway.....

Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 6:42 PM

A certain prominent NY (now FL) developer would love to build this thing and put his name on it. Happy Thanksgiving.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 7:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian View Post
A certain prominent NY (now FL) developer would love to build this thing and put his name on it. Happy Thanksgiving.
How about QPQ Tower?

Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 7:37 PM

Quote:
OPUS Place has now gotten from the required reviews: 2 Approvals, 2 revisions needed, and 1 under review

Can't wait for them to start pouring the first concrete. That'll really ruffle the naysayers feathers
Can you tell what the current status is of the permits and the review process? Thanks.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 8:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by megalopolis View Post
Can you tell what the current status is of the permits and the review process? Thanks.
They have everything with approvals except for plumbing and structural which needed revisions. They updated the plans for plumbing review 11/14 and then the city followed-up on 11/21 for the need for further revisions. They also had made electrical review revisions on 11/14 based on feedback and that got approved on 11/20

Structural revisions needed was marked by the city on 10/31. Doesn't say what was at issue so maybe it is more complex to resolve....

Vis-a-vis, contrary to what the naysayers say Opus cannot break ground until their permit is approved, if it was stagnant and nothing happening with the permit I'd be worried. The permit is moving along though so I am not yet throwing up red flags.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 8:42 PM

Quote:
They have everything with approvals except for plumbing and structural which needed revisions. They updated the plans for plumbing review 11/14 and then the city followed-up on 11/21 for the need for further revisions. They also had made electrical review revisions on 11/14 based on feedback and that got approved on 11/20

Structural revisions needed was marked by the city on 10/31. Doesn't say what was at issue so maybe it is more complex to resolve....

Vis-a-vis, contrary to what the naysayers say Opus cannot break ground until their permit is approved, if it was stagnant and nothing happening with the permit I'd be worried. The permit is moving along though so I am not yet throwing up red flags.
Exactly. Let's wait until the body is cold before we write the obituary.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 9:56 PM

Quote:

Okay, that's fair. I'll give the permits time. I didn't know they were still going through the permitting process since they told us November was gonna be the start of construction.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Closed Thread

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > United States > Southeast > Atlanta