HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Sep 2, 2019, 4:34 AM
Hong Kong

hkskyline's 2018 in New York City

For those of you who have been around SSP for a long time, you may remember I once lived in New York, and New York was one of the 3 core galleries that I started off with on my website (the others being Hong Kong and Toronto). That was 2006. Fast track to 2018, I made my triumphant return to re-visit some places that I once frequented, as well as the changes that have happened since.

The biggest change is Freedom Tower. I went up the original World Trade Center's observation deck before 9/11, so this re-visit had brought back a lot of memories. The views are spectacular, albeit also sad.

Many pencil towers have gone up in the past decade, crowding out the Empire State Building's dominance.

I vividly recall the summer where I walked the bridges and enjoyed the lovely views every second along the way.

The Jersey side has also a few new additions as well. I still think the waterfront area is a nice place to live, perhaps far cheaper, but still within close proximity of Manhattan's offices.

I didn't frequent the western part of Manhattan back in 2006, so this walk through TriBeCa up towards the Meatpacking District was refreshing and new. The winter blue sky was crisp but it wasn't too cold either. Picture perfect.

I had friends paying an extraordinary amount of money living in a historic rowhouse in the Upper East Side. Conditions inside were not too pleasant and disproportionate to the amount of money they are paying. Back in 2006, I was happily housed in the Connecticut suburbs, not minding the train ride into the city on the Metro North.

Washington Square Park was busy with not only NYU students. On such a nice day, why not sit out here and enjoy some rays?

More photos on my website : https://www.globalphotos.org/newyork.htm

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Photography Forums > My City Photos