HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Aug 23, 2019, 9:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Authentic_City View Post
By this logic, a former gansta rapper could also be an excellent premier.
....are you referring to Dougald Lamont?

Old Posted Aug 25, 2019, 5:07 PM

The insurance salesmen premier meddling in MPI's negotiations to get on with more private sales options sure seems like something to me.. But hey, that's just my opinion. He is also trying to run the Province like a private business. Rushing the healthcare transition is one thing. They're actually spending more money (which is typical year over year), and want to provide another $2 billion additional funding in the next term, for healthcare. The ER closures are about streamlining, but will cost more with less available services. Seems like they're moving deck chairs around in guise of doing something good. We'll see if they get things sorted out.

I find Brian P really unlikeable, looks amateurish on all his TV spots. Do you need to be likeable to be premier, not necessarily. But looking like he constantly is in casual clothes needing a shave is off putting. His TV commercials are just awkward. Shave your noon shadow Brian haha get rid of that White under shirt. Put on a tie if need be.

Old Posted Aug 25, 2019, 8:38 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
The insurance salesmen premier meddling in MPI's negotiations to get on with more private sales options sure seems like something to me.. But hey, that's just my opinion. He is also trying to run the Province like a private business. Rushing the healthcare transition is one thing. They're actually spending more money (which is typical year over year), and want to provide another $2 billion additional funding in the next term, for healthcare. The ER closures are about streamlining, but will cost more with less available services. Seems like they're moving deck chairs around in guise of doing something good. We'll see if they get things sorted out.

I find Brian P really unlikeable, looks amateurish on all his TV spots. Do you need to be likeable to be premier, not necessarily. But looking like he constantly is in casual clothes needing a shave is off putting. His TV commercials are just awkward. Shave your noon shadow Brian haha get rid of that White under shirt. Put on a tie if need be.
Was this post meant to be in the politics thread?

Old Posted Aug 26, 2019, 3:58 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinus View Post
Was this post meant to be in the politics thread?
Looks like SSP's MB/SK threads shit disturber and #1 troll is still at it!

Old Posted Aug 26, 2019, 2:21 PM
Formerly rypinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
Looks like SSP's MB/SK threads shit disturber and #1 troll is still at it!
That's richer than David Thomson.

Old Posted Aug 26, 2019, 6:49 PM

Quote:
He comes off as very petty and yes quite amateurish. Perfect example is just this weekend with him up in Thompson trying to win some sort of contest that no one else is competing in over who had the poorest and roughest upbringing, like what is that all about?

Old Posted Aug 26, 2019, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardTH View Post
He comes off as very petty and yes quite amateurish. Perfect example is just this weekend with him up in Thompson trying to win some sort of contest that no one else is competing in over who had the poorest and roughest upbringing, like what is that all about?
He thinks he might lose. Healthcare, Social Services, Lifeflight Air Ambulance going private (Gary Filmon heading that up that change), Education is definitely going to take a hit next and who knows, maybe Hydro's on the table after that. A lot of people aren't happy.

Note that Gary Filmon, who privatized it when he said he wouldn't, was head of MTS when it was sold to Bell last year. Nice huh? Wonder what they both made with their shares in that sale?

Old Posted Oct 2, 2019, 12:03 PM

Looks like the new Arena for Steinbach might take place.
Steinbach Online reporting--15 million from private sector.
Some Hylife money being dropped there!
Of course this will still need help from Feds/Prov.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2019, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runt View Post
Looks like the new Arena for Steinbach might take place.
Steinbach Online reporting--15 million from private sector.
Some Hylife money being dropped there!
Of course this will still need help from Feds/Prov.
Interesting news. Steinbach's rink is getting pretty old, the main arena dates back to 1967 when there were fewer than 5,000 people in town... now there are over 15,000. A new arena would be a fitting home for the MJHL Pistons.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2019, 2:27 AM

Anyone know if these lands will be developed into housing in the future:

https://www.google.com/maps/@49.7697.../data=!3m1!1e3

The forested area in St Norbert that is north of Lemay Ave, surrounding the Laureate academy? Seems like a prime spot for new housing in a desirable area. There is a dike protecting a good chunk of it. It doesn't seem like a city park.

Old Posted Oct 7, 2019, 3:37 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

theres a walking path in there i beleave

Old Posted Nov 16, 2019, 4:28 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

vale has anounced a billion dallors to be spent over the next 3 years in thompson expanding in thompson
https://thompsononline.ca/the-thomps...FZ6QnII20sZ55E

Old Posted Nov 19, 2019, 4:32 PM

For some reason this popped into my mind today and I was wondering if someone here might know...

Is the proposed highway realignment for the customs & immigration facility at Emerson scheduled for construction? I remember seeing the plans for it a while ago but I don't recall hearing anything about it in quite some time.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2019, 4:53 PM

The work was going to be done in phases over a couple years. I haven't been down that way in a long time.

Did they get the work done of the north bound lanes and service road on the east side? That was going to be done before most of the work on the border crossing.

Old Posted Nov 19, 2019, 11:46 PM

$1 billion investment by Vale in Thompson. I wonder how many jobs that will result in?

Old Posted Nov 20, 2019, 8:08 PM

Not sure how many jobs. But keeping the mine going for another 3 decades is huge. Also spending $1 billion, I assume n equipment building etc, is huge.

Old Posted Nov 26, 2019, 4:15 PM

So Niverville is holding a plebiscite today to decide whether or not to allow cannabis retail in the town. Town Council apparently already denied one cannabis business a conditional use permit to operate in town. Niverville was a dry town until 2001 when a plebiscite was held on that issue. In this day and age, I'm surprised any town would turn down economic development like this on vague moral grounds. And you know residents will just drive a few minutes to Winnipeg or some other town to purchase cannabis or alcohol anyway. Perhaps they want people to drive while high?

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manit...lers-1.5373083

Old Posted Dec 14, 2019, 10:50 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

Old Posted Dec 15, 2019, 12:29 AM
Orig. frm Alpha Pectaurus

Quote:
I Like, Liked: Duff Roblin (PC), Howard Pawley (NDP), Brian Pallister (PC)

I Don't Like, Disliked: Ed Schreyer (NDP), Sterling Lyon (PC), Gary Filmon (PC), Gary Doer (Meh) (NDP), Sellinger (NDP)

That it took 30 yrs. before I could "like" a Manitoba Premier again is saying something. We need better, more likeable leaders here.

BTW, I like Trivago Guy.

Old Posted Dec 15, 2019, 5:05 AM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

i dont like palister and the cons

how they came and did what this did was irisponsible they coulda done a way bleeping better job getting things balanced vs just cuting and causing chaos absolute chaos some folks needed ti disapear from departments sept they stayed and the ones we shoulda kepted packed up and left

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan