HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations

Old Posted Sep 6, 2018, 6:54 AM
World Traveler

^^ It would be cool to see something built around the tower that was built. The grass and plaza look surrounding it is nice, but I would to see a bit more density with restaurants, etc...maybe keep a little plaza with some grass/trees, of course. On the same note, I'd love to see the Target + strip mall area redeveloped into something more dense. An urban Target as a part of that would be cool, of course. I'd even be okay with a parking garage (if done with pedestrian-oriented stuff on the ground).

Old Posted Sep 6, 2018, 6:07 PM
Unicorn Wizard!

While the original was cool, I think what was built on the west side of central is actually better than the original plan. I just wish the big empty lots on the east side would get built out.

Anyways...

CyrusOne moving HQ to Harwood 10:

Dallas Morning News: "Data center giant moving its global headquarters to new tower north of downtown Dallas"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drummer View Post
e. On the same note, I'd love to see the Target + strip mall area redeveloped into something more dense. An urban Target as a part of that would be cool, of course. I'd even be okay with a parking garage (if done with pedestrian-oriented stuff on the ground).
Target also does suburban stores where the building is two stories, the first floor is the parking and the second floor is the store. The entrance is from the sidewalk. That way it takes up less space. Albuquerque of all places has one of those in their wealthy mall/suburban high rise district on the east side as you drive in on I-40.

At worst they should tear down the existing store and build one with a smaller footprint to make room for more urban development around it.

Last edited by llamaorama; Sep 6, 2018 at 7:04 PM.

Old Posted Sep 19, 2018, 8:43 PM

Frisco Station developers ready to start construction on second major office building

DBJ

Project Location

Quote:
Missouri-based VanTrust Real Estate is set to begin construction this month on a second major office building at Frisco Station, the 242-acre mixed-use project at the Dallas North Tollway and Warren Parkway.

Called Offices Two at Frisco Station, the 210,000-square-foot building is a speculative venture -- being launched without a major tenant attached -- and is planned for the southwest corner of Cowboys Way and Gridiron Road.

It will be the second of five buildings planned for the office district at the $1.8 billion Frisco Station. Construction costs for the new office building were not released.
Quote:
Frisco Station is set to have 5 million square feet of office space upon completion and a daytime employment of nearly 15,000 people.

Meyer said his firm, which has a regional office in Frisco, anticipates strong demand for both buildings.

"We're pretty confident about ... several deals that we're working on," he said. "And the activity that we've got on building one exceeds the vacancy that we've got."

Construction on the six-story office tower is slated for completion in September 2019.
Quote:
Frisco Station is one of the first developments in the nation using the technology, and the combination of wireless stealth microcells, ultra-fast internet powered by AT&T Fiber and robust Wi-Fi throughout all common areas, will provide "the ultimate wireless user experience," the company's announcement said.

Offices Two at Frisco Station is adjacent to the Dallas Cowboys' world headquarters at The Star and will be within walking distance of more than 50 retail, restaurant and entertainment options at The Star and The Hub at Frisco Station, the development's planned entertainment district.
Quote:
Frisco Station also is where one of the world's first Skyports to support Uber Air's flying taxis is planned.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2018, 7:13 PM

Frisco condo tower in the works on $5 billion mile

Project Location

Quote:
The developers of the $700 million Gate development on the Dallas North Tollway plan to build a 10-story residential building. The condo tower, on John Hickman Parkway just west of the tollway, will have more than 100 residential units, according to plans filed with the city.

"The Gate will be for-sale condos," said Michael Cox with architect Humphreys & Partners, which is designing the project. The more than 3-acre development site is part of the 40-acre mixed-use Gate project, which was part of Frisco's original $5 billion mile.
Quote:
The Gate property is owned and has been planned by Dubai-based Invest Group Overseas. The project is planned to include almost 20 buildings ranging in height from about three stories to more than 10 floors.

The development is designed for more than 650,000 square feet of office space, almost 1 million square feet of residential buildings, and more than 130,000 square feet of retail space, plus a luxury hotel.
Quote:
Two high-rise rental residential buildings are also under construction next door to The Gate in the Frisco Station and the Dallas Cowboys' Star developments.

Atlanta developer Novare Group is building a 25-story residential rental building along the west side of the tollway in Frisco Station.

And a 17-story apartment tower is being built by Columbus Realty Partners and Dallas Cowboys owners the Jones family in the Star development.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2018, 9:17 PM

That looks like a lot of stucco. Yuck.

Old Posted Sep 25, 2018, 10:42 PM
Ridin' into the sunset

^ Looks like it will probably be pre-cast concrete to me. Which is one step up from stucco, imho.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Sep 26, 2018, 5:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colemonkee View Post
^ Looks like it will probably be pre-cast concrete to me. Which is one step up from stucco, imho.
If it's concrete, yeah, that is a little better. If it is going to be concrete though, they should go with a more contemporary, industrial-style design and not the faux French (or whatever that is) in the rendering.

Old Posted Sep 26, 2018, 6:12 PM
Unicorn Wizard!

Quote:
ot the faux French (or whatever that is) in the rendering.
Whatever it is, it's not uncommon in the DFW area.

Old Posted Sep 27, 2018, 4:03 PM

Chinese development group to bring mall project to US 380 corridor

Project Location

Quote:
Frisco City Council approved to rezone 77 acres on Tuesday along US 380 for a multilevel shopping center project with additional retail, office, hotel and urban-living residential units.

The rezoning request was approved with the condition that the developer would begin construction on 100,000 square feet of office space plus the first phase of the mall and retail aspects before receiving a building permit for any residential building.

Lesso America, a subsidiary of building material manufacturer China Lesso Group Holdings Ltd., has owned the land for two years and plans to move its American headquarters to the development.

The development is planned to have three different districts:

a frontage district with a mixture of retail, hotel and office;
a lifestyle district that would contain most of the retail with one urban-living tower;
and a southern district that would contain mostly urban-living units as well as some office, hotel and retail space.
Quote:
Ron Patterson, president of Frisco Economic Development Corp., said the project is valued at about $2 billion, which would bring in a lot of tax revenue.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2018, 12:57 AM
World Traveler

Man, that is going to help the 380 corridor explode more than it already has.

Speaking of which, aren't there talks of some sort of expressway in the area? Is 380 itself going to get any upgrades?

Old Posted Sep 28, 2018, 4:01 PM

380 is one busy road. Had the misfortune of being on it around 4:30 on a Friday afternoon.

Old Posted Sep 28, 2018, 5:12 PM
Unicorn Wizard!

IIRC, The most serious proposals for building a freeway or tollway along the 380 corridor are only to the east around McKinney. Ideally there needs to be a new freeway or tollway between McKinney and Denton with a connection to the DNT. Without it that area is going to have extreme traffic congestion.

On the other hand, maybe if they don't built it then the march of sprawl northward will start to slow down and other parts of the metro could get a taste of that growth. It's a tough call though, because Frisco and Plano have been doing great at attracting corporate relocations and HQ's that benefit the region's economy.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2018, 2:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamaorama View Post
IIRC, The most serious proposals for building a freeway or tollway along the 380 corridor are only to the east around McKinney. Ideally there needs to be a new freeway or tollway between McKinney and Denton with a connection to the DNT. Without it that area is going to have extreme traffic congestion.

On the other hand, maybe if they don't built it then the march of sprawl northward will start to slow down and other parts of the metro could get a taste of that growth. It's a tough call though, because Frisco and Plano have been doing great at attracting corporate relocations and HQ's that benefit the region's economy.
Do you think it will it stop at the Oklahoma border or continue north of there.

Old Posted Sep 29, 2018, 6:26 AM
World Traveler

I don't think it'll slow down if they don't build an E-W freeway, that's the problem. I agree, I think 380 should be a controlled-access highway the between Denton and McKinney and likely beyond each respectively. I've heard of an outer loop slightly to the north but can't recall if it was merely an idea or not. Anyone know?

Old Posted Sep 29, 2018, 10:37 PM

I remember reading some years ago that a massive freeway loop around the entire Dallas/Fort Worth area. I think it was 170 or something. I wonder how many miles that thing would be?

Old Posted Oct 1, 2018, 6:08 AM
World Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dariusb View Post
I remember reading some years ago that a massive freeway loop around the entire Dallas/Fort Worth area. I think it was 170 or something. I wonder how many miles that thing would be?
That's what I'm thinking of as well...I think it was as far north as Sanger or so where it hit I-35, and probably went around McKinney to turn south. Not sure of the path on the west side, but I would presume somewhere around Decatur then turn south?

But either way, that makes me wonder if they would leave 380 as is (~3 lanes in each direction) or expand it with some overpasses, etc. Just curious as it's pretty congested already for E-W traffic. That's not only considering the need for more options for N-S traffic, folks going down to the Legacy area or even as far as downtown. Obviously some kind of N-S rail along DNT would be ideal, but who knows? The Red Line could be extended up 75, I suppose, and then DCTA already has its line.

Old Posted Oct 1, 2018, 4:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by llamaorama View Post
Whatever it is, it's not uncommon in the DFW area.
Whatever it is, it is butt ugly!

Old Posted Oct 2, 2018, 2:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dariusb View Post
I believe you're referring to the Collin County Outer Loop.

The first phase is already under construction just north of Melissa and south of Anna, connecting US 75 with SH 121.

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.3044...5790539,13.39z

Phasing Diagram

Old Posted Oct 2, 2018, 4:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sic'EmBears View Post
I believe you're referring to the Collin County Outer Loop.

The first phase is already under construction just north of Melissa and south of Anna, connecting US 75 with SH 121.

https://www.google.com/maps/@33.3044...5790539,13.39z

Phasing Diagram
Hey, new here, but long time lurker.

Anyway, no. He is referring to the much bigger Loop 9 project proposed years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Texas_...Highway_Loop_9

As you can see, it sort of requires the extension of the George W. Bush to be finished, and this is a long ways off from happening.

Old Posted Oct 2, 2018, 5:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whit5125 View Post
Hey, new here, but long time lurker.

Anyway, no. He is referring to the much bigger Loop 9 project proposed years ago.
I'm well aware of Loop 9 for years.

The CCOL is, as far as I am aware, the first phase of the aforementioned loop.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > City Compilations