HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

View Poll Results: Who will you vote for in the 2016 Manitoba Provincial Election?
New Democratic Party of Manitoba (NDP) 12 15.58%
Progressive Conservative Party of Manitoba (PC) 36 46.75%
Manitoba Liberal Party 19 24.68%
Other / Not Voting 10 12.99%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Old Posted Mar 24, 2016, 10:14 PM
Fossil fuel & rubber

Looks like Maloway is running as an independant. All of the NDP logos on his signs have been covered.

Old Posted Mar 25, 2016, 5:21 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
Looks like Maloway is running as an independant. All of the NDP logos on his signs have been covered.
The almighty Riverman returns! What no internet in Headingly?

Old Posted Mar 29, 2016, 4:41 PM

So are the Liberals becoming relevant again??

They're gaining my vote based on maintaining the 1% PST hike for municipal infrastructure. I don't like their plan to kibosh St. Norbert Bypass, but maybe MIT can talk them into it haha The rest of their platform seems to be typical politico stuff.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2016, 4:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomberjet View Post
So are the Liberals becoming relevant again??

They're gaining my vote based on maintaining the 1% PST hike for municipal infrastructure. I don't like their plan to kibosh St. Norbert Bypass, but maybe MIT can talk them into it haha The rest of their platform seems to be typical politico stuff.
I guess that'll help with the infrastructure money they're diverting to day care and culture.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2016, 5:15 PM

I get quite apprehensive about voting for Pallister or Sellinger... Liberals appear to be taking my vote this time..

On the Liberal website, then mention fixing roads numerous times.

Liberals are budgeting an additional $30M annually for daycare. Daycare shouldn't be as huge an issue that it is. Should be affordable for everyone. When you're debating what is cheaper; my wife to stay home and take care of the children simply to avoid the high cost of daycare, or my wife working a career that fulfills her as a citizen; that's a bit ridiculous.

It's basically cheaper for us if she stays home. Not quite, but by the time you factor in a the hastle of drop off/pick up, etc. Just stay home and take care of the place. Probably better for the children since we know whats happening to them at all times.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2016, 5:42 PM

The Liberals are so disorganized, mostly because Bokhari refuses to listen to anybody who is knowledgeable, that it is petrifying to think of what would happen if they actually had enough support to form government. I feel bad for my old buddy Mike Brown everytime I see his face behind Bokhari. He looks like he wants to bolt out of the room and never come back.

The reality is that they'll be lucky to win a seat or two as they will sink like a stone as Bokhari speaks and the electorate realizes this election is a referendum on the NDP and PC's.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2016, 5:49 PM

Looking through their photos. I see the same guy in a couple photos. The same guy I see being belligerent at Jets games quite regularly haha

Damn this is a tough vote..

Old Posted Mar 29, 2016, 7:12 PM
Heart of the Continent

I think I have to vote PC. They've really cleaned up tight campaign.

Old Posted Mar 29, 2016, 7:22 PM

Must've been the PC's International Curling Centre that did it for you JMT? haha jk I'll await further information from the parties to decide my vote.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2016, 6:35 PM
Go kicky fast, okay!

This whole campaign has been so uninspiring. None of the candidates stick out. As much as I want change, they're all making me not care about them whatsoever.

With that said, if there's a chance in hell for any party to get my vote, it's the Liberals.

I don't care who wins at this point. I'd rather have a minority government at Broadway. I don't care who will be the party in power, but whoever it is, I want it to be a minority.

Of course, it's a ridiculously long shot of that ever happening, but if the Liberals gain enough seats, and enough to spoil a majority government between the NDP and PCs, then I'll be happy.

Now, I'm not so sure.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2016, 6:40 PM

Oh c'mon. Pallister is going to bring Winnipeg the centre of excellence for curling. He just needs funding and an actual idea of what it is to make it happen.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2016, 6:42 PM

All three parties have been awful so far in my view. Not one of the three leaders (four if you count the Greens) deserves to be Premier.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2016, 7:44 PM
BANNED

Yes. I long for that animated, proud, boisterous candidate who has deep passion; you see governors like that in the states.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2016, 10:36 PM

The Liberals are an embarrassment. At this rate the Federal party is going to disassociate from them. Couldn't even get their candidates organized in time to field a full slate, even after they begged for the nomination rules to be loosened (100 signatures to 50). Keep in mind that the election date is fixed, so they literally had years. Rana is a huge step back from even Gerrard (who managed to run full slates), and that is very sad. She's a punchline, like something 22 Minutes or SNL would dream up.

So far every policy announcement has been

"HUGE PROMISE"

...reporter "how will you do that"

...Rana "We have a plan"

...reporter "Can we hear the plan"

...Rana "You'll hear the plan when we're ready for you to hear the plan."

Elections don't work that way. You're not stonewalling as a teenager in an argument with your mother, which is the tone Rana has every time I've heard her speak.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2016, 11:50 PM

^ For what it's worth, Gerrard failed to round up a full slate of candidates in his first election back in 1999. I think he missed around 8 or so... it was a pretty significant credibility hit to take early in his leadership. I mean, you can get out of it if you miss one or two, but beyond that it makes you look organizationally weak.

Old Posted Mar 30, 2016, 11:59 PM
ʇɥƃıuʞ -*ʞpʇ*-

the lybrals keep sounding like they dont know what their doing weird.. really put me off wanting to vote for them and stick with status quo

Old Posted Mar 31, 2016, 1:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riverman View Post
Not all of them, he has at least 3 different versions of signs on the streets when I was driving around EK today and only some have the Louise Bridge stickers covering the party ID.

I think that some that still have a party ID visible were retrieved from the last election as they have one them the "todays NDP" slogan that was used the last time.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2016, 2:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny D Oh View Post
The Liberals are an embarrassment. At this rate the Federal party is going to disassociate from them. Couldn't even get their candidates organized in time to field a full slate, even after they begged for the nomination rules to be loosened (100 signatures to 50). Keep in mind that the election date is fixed, so they literally had years. Rana is a huge step back from even Gerrard (who managed to run full slates), and that is very sad. She's a punchline, like something 22 Minutes or SNL would dream up.

So far every policy announcement has been

"HUGE PROMISE"

...reporter "how will you do that"

...Rana "We have a plan"

...reporter "Can we hear the plan"

...Rana "You'll hear the plan when we're ready for you to hear the plan."

Elections don't work that way. You're not stonewalling as a teenager in an argument with your mother, which is the tone Rana has every time I've heard her speak.
yes, one of her candidates promised that the liberals would cut the number of children in care by half in four years. apart from the fact that is probably impossible, when asked how they would do it, they had no response, no plan.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2016, 3:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ando View Post
yes, one of her candidates promised that the liberals would cut the number of children in care by half in four years. apart from the fact that is probably impossible, when asked how they would do it, they had no response, no plan.
Yeesh. At this point they might as well keep saying whatever comes to mind, maybe eventually something will catch on.

Old Posted Mar 31, 2016, 3:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cllew View Post
Not all of them, he has at least 3 different versions of signs on the streets when I was driving around EK today and only some have the Louise Bridge stickers covering the party ID.

I think that some that still have a party ID visible were retrieved from the last election as they have one them the "todays NDP" slogan that was used the last time.
Also considering he's still listed on the NDP website, doesn't look like he's running as an independent.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan