HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Old Posted Mar 8, 2016, 8:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
OK, I realize I'm exhuming a long dead and buried thread but I have to ask... now that Postmedia owns the Winnipeg Sun and therefore has a foothold here again with its own printing presses and everything, I wonder why they don't bring the National Post back to newsstands?

I have their app but I kind of miss the paper edition... I happily remember the $15 (or was it $20?) annual 6 day a week home delivery subscriptions that they used to offer Telus users. (I remember I used to get the next day's edition delivered to my door at like 11 pm, which was weird.) Sadly, the only time I get to read it now is when I'm travelling.
Not applicable to you in Winnipeg, but those of us with Postmedia broadsheets now get a "National Post" section in our papers.

Old Posted Mar 8, 2016, 9:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brithgob View Post
Not applicable to you in Winnipeg, but those of us with Postmedia broadsheets now get a "National Post" section in our papers.
Page 2 of the NP insert is usually interesting. Unfortunately, it often contains graphics that are meant for colour, but are printed in b&w in the Star-Phoenix. Makes them of questionable value.

Old Posted Mar 11, 2016, 11:42 PM
Orig. frm Alpha Pectaurus

^^^

If you're OK reading the paper edition, virtually all of the Winnipeg Public Libraries carry the Weekend edition of the National Post.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2016, 12:26 AM
Starring as himself

Probably won't bother because the print edition is likely nearing the end anyway. I believe La Presse is now just online and the Guelph Mercury also just printed its last paper copy.

Reminds me ... last fall, on a flight to Winnipeg, I happened to be sitting next to the founder of the Sun, for whom I'd worked back in the early 80s. He was telling me that, 35 years later, the Sun is still the newest general-circulation metropolitan daily in North America. Not sure if that is true but it's definitely not implausible.

Old Posted Mar 12, 2016, 3:21 AM
Orig. frm Alpha Pectaurus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy6 View Post
Reminds me ... last fall, on a flight to Winnipeg, I happened to be sitting next to the founder of the Sun, for whom I'd worked back in the early 80s. He was telling me that, 35 years later, the Sun is still the newest general-circulation metropolitan daily in North America. Not sure if that is true but it's definitely not implausible.
Who is that? Tom Denton or Frank Goldberg or Al Davies? See I still remember the original 3.

Denton is a jerk. I used to adore him because he was an entrepreneur similar to Ted Turner of CNN & TBS. Both are handsome men.

But he later left publishing to go into helping 3rd world immigrants. So he lost my personal favour.

And as for Ted Turner, well, I've heard that he helps fund vaccination programmes and wants a certain number of Humans to die as in the Georgia Guidestones.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan