HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction

3 Hudson Boulevard in the SkyscraperPage Database

Building Data Page   • Comparison Diagram   • New York Skyscraper Diagram

Map Location
New York Projects & Construction Forum

Old Posted Mar 15, 2011, 12:49 AM
Frigidus Maximus

It's a bit disconcerting they don't include 2 and 3 WTC's in that chart.

I ❤️ NY

Old Posted Mar 15, 2011, 1:11 AM

^ Only in New York could you have 6 "supertalls" under development and/or proposed at the same time in the same US city. LOVE IT.

Edit: Just noticed 2 and 3 World Trade Center not included. That makes 8. Wow...

Old Posted Mar 15, 2011, 1:59 PM

I wouldn't put too much into that chart, it doesn't include a lot of skyscrapers that will be joining the skyline over the next 10 years. Off the top of my head; 250 East 57th Street; Extells other 57th Street lot; 1715 Bway; 440 Park Ave; the entire Hudson Yards, it's a much much much longer list than that tiny little chart suggests.

Old Posted Mar 16, 2011, 11:41 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolCzech View Post
It's a bit disconcerting they don't include 2 and 3 WTC's in that chart.
It shouldn't be. While those towers are in the early stages of construction, meaning steel actually going into the ground, towers like Manhattan West and the Tower Verre are way behind. And let's not forget that there's a hotel that has to get demolished on the 15 Penn site.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2011, 4:36 AM

so whats the deal with this tower? I just looked at that clip of the new hudson yards projected rendering and did not see it in there.

Old Posted Apr 9, 2011, 4:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelanetrain17 View Post
so whats the deal with this tower? I just looked at that clip of the new hudson yards projected rendering and did not see it in there.
i doubt not seeing this tower in that video means much...and i doubt related feels obligated to advertise every site on the West side. Most of that was just showing that a lot of buildings will be built in that neighbored.

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold

Old Posted Apr 9, 2011, 1:18 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelanetrain17 View Post
You won't find everything that's being built in a rendering or video of another project. And this tower is directly competing with Related's push to kick off the railyards development, even more of a reason to leave it out.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2011, 3:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC4Life View Post
The modern day version of the battle between the Empire State Building vs. Chrysler Building.
I think the Girasole will catch more eyes looking across the Hudon River, as much as I like the Empire State Building.

Old Posted Apr 24, 2011, 4:06 AM

whos the architect?

Buildings Over 200 Meters 62 Completed 20 Under Construction 50 Proposed 0 On Hold

Old Posted Apr 24, 2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyscrapersOfNewYork View Post
whos the architect?
Architect : FX Fowle
They usually do a good work, don't they ?

Old Posted Apr 24, 2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabb View Post
Architect : FX Fowle
They usually do a good work, don't they ?
yup'i have nothing bad to say about them. the designed other buildings like the NY Times Building,Conde Nast and 11 Times Square.

heres some more of their work

http://www.fxfowle.com/images/projects/1243968909.jpg

http://www.fxfowle.com/images/projects/1244743006.jpg

http://www.fxfowle.com/images/projects/1244741898.jpg

http://www.fxfowle.com/images/projects/1243891981.jpg

http://www.fxfowle.com/images/projects/1286486721.jpg

Old Posted Apr 24, 2011, 12:59 PM

Looks like they've been doing a lot of thinking over skyscrapers with a twist lately.

Old Posted Apr 26, 2011, 5:48 AM
Ridin' into the sunset

A lot of overthinking, if you ask me. None of those designs, save for the completed low-rise, are anything to write home about.
"Then each time Fleetwood would be not so much overcome by remorse as bedazzled at having been shown the secret backlands of wealth, and how sooner or later it depended on some act of murder, seldom limited to once."

Against the Day, Thomas Pynchon

Old Posted Aug 13, 2011, 2:41 PM
New Yorker for life

Work continues towards completion for the station that will be incorporated into this tower...

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/...subway/243354/

Photo Gallery: Subterranean Construction on the NYC Subway

By Brian Resnick
Aug 10 2011,

Quote:
Wall Street may be having a rough week, but there's clear progress happening underneath New York's financial institutions.

As part of its plan to redevelop the warehouse district around Hudson Yards, the city of New York has undertaken a $2.1 billion, two-mile expansion of the No. 7 subway line from Times Square to 11th Avenue. The No. 7 crosses just about every other NYC subway line; extending it to the yards will give most New Yorkers access to the soon-to-be-developed neighborhood west of Eighth Avenue and north of 34th Street. The project broke ground in 2007 and is now nearing the end of its heavy construction phase.

Progress is being made on the new 34th street station.

This is the mezzanine level of the future 34th Street Station.

A display of patriotism hangs in the incomplete subway station.

These tunnels, underneath the Port Authority Bus Terminal, are located near Times Square.

A completed tunnel with its concrete liner in place.

Old Posted Aug 13, 2011, 4:38 PM

Please forgive my ignorance; but does or would the subway project's conclusion give Girasole the go-ahead?

Old Posted Aug 13, 2011, 5:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPro View Post
Please forgive my ignorance; but does or would the subway project's conclusion give Girasole the go-ahead?
I believe the Girasole will rise directly on top of the 7s new stop on 34th and 11th. So it can't go ahead until the subway stop is more finished...I don't know when exactly it can start. But does this thing have financing, or is prep/construction too far off even for that?

Old Posted Aug 13, 2011, 6:02 PM

^^ AFAIK it is just waiting for the subways finishing. But i guess Robert knows it better than me.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2011, 12:13 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankeesfan1000 View Post
But does this thing have financing, or is prep/construction too far off even for that?
The subway construction is independent of the tower, though the station will be incorporated.

Quote:
http://blogs.wsj.com/metropolis/2010...side-projects/

Dec 2010

Landlord Joseph Moinian...said Wednesday that he, too, is planning a tenant search for a tower that will rise just north of the Related site.

“We are going to be marketing very soon,” he said. “Leasing reports on office buildings are showing signs of life.”

...with fundamentals gradually rising and a possible completion date now three to four years out — should Moinian secure a tenant — he said wants to start pushing his tower.

His site sits on a block between 34th and 35th Streets, bordered by 11th Avenue and Hudson Boulevard — the yet-to-be-built park that would rise to the north of the rail yards. The 1.6 million square foot office tower has been on the drawing board for more than five years, put into hibernation by the recession.

“We have a great land cost here. And we have certainly the best location because we are sitting, A) on top of the train, B) on the boulevard, and C) the most important thing is that we are sitting exactly across from Javits, where our views are unobstructed forever.”

I do believe that this is one of the best sites in the Hudson Yards, along with Extell's site just to the south and a few others, primarily because of the train station. With the station nearing completion (in a couple of years) the sites are increasingly becoming attractive.

Old Posted Aug 14, 2011, 12:41 AM
Metal Up Your !

I really hope they don't do a design change for the Girasole.

Old Posted Aug 16, 2011, 1:38 AM

We haven't heard anything along those lines since the first renderings came out many moons ago; so I don't see any further change happening.

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Global Projects & Construction > Supertall Construction