HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture

Old Posted Feb 9, 2007, 1:02 AM
Pacific Wonderland

Ultimate Absurd Price: 1 London flat - £84m / $165m

!! 165 million dollars !!!

And they are building 4 of them @ £84,000,000 !!

nice looking--they better be, photo: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...7/nhyde107.xml

Four flats overlooking Hyde Park are on sale for a rumoured £84 million each, the highest price ever asked for a British flat.

Artist's impression of the One Hyde Park development
Artist's impression of the One Hyde Park development: four blocks made of glass and red weathered steel

The flats are part of a development at One Hyde Park, designed by Richard Rogers Partnership. They will not be ready until 2010.

Sources said today that the four penthouse flats could feature bullet proof windows, specially purified air and even "panic rooms". The security system is believed to have been developed after consultation with the SAS.

A tunnel will link the flats to the Mandarin Oriental hotel, which will provide a concierge service for the development, which contains 86 flats with prices starting at £4 million.

The complex will also have a spa, squash court and private wine-tasting facility. According to the One Hyde Park website, the scheme is "a new residential scheme whose beauty, luxury and prestige will place it in a class of its own".

travel, architecture & photos of the textured world at http://www.pixelmap.com

Old Posted Feb 9, 2007, 1:12 AM
Pacific Wonderland

Or in other words, these can be built--all of them--for the price of just 1 flat:

travel, architecture & photos of the textured world at http://www.pixelmap.com

Old Posted Feb 9, 2007, 2:11 AM
Glorfied Overrated Guest

before i shell out my $165 million, i want to be assured that no flat will ever be more exspensive, that this flat can make my bed, do my dishes, draw my bath, and start my car on snowy days. that these flats will never fall apart, and will have a force field to sheild them from weather. i also want to be reassured that my neighboors will all be extremely sexy single blonde women that don't want to sleep with any man other then myself from now until the day i die. i also want this flat to come pre-equiped with a Ferrari Enzo (for any reason i should have to leave my flat), and have teleportation connections to everywhere in the world i want to go....

if anyone else finds that unreasonable...then you obviously don't know the value of $165 million...

Pinky: I think so, Brain, but this time, you put the trousers on the chimp.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2007, 2:17 AM
Spire-ite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Distill3d View Post
before i shell out my $165 million, i want to be assured that no flat will ever be more exspensive, that this flat can make my bed, do my dishes, draw my bath, and start my car on snowy days. that these flats will never fall apart, and will have a force field to sheild them from weather. i also want to be reassured that my neighboors will all be extremely sexy single blonde women that don't want to sleep with any man other then myself from now until the day i die. i also want this flat to come pre-equiped with a Ferrari Enzo (for any reason i should have to leave my flat), and have teleportation connections to everywhere in the world i want to go....

if anyone else finds that unreasonable...then you obviously don't know the value of $165 million...

And a Starbucks in the foyer.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2007, 2:35 AM
BeenThere,DoneThat

Obviously the value just isn't there.......except there are enough jokers running around London with more money then sense so that these will sell, maybe with an under the table discount, maybe not.

Old Posted Feb 9, 2007, 2:59 AM

Quote:
Sources said today that the four penthouse flats could feature bullet proof windows, specially purified air and even "panic rooms". The security system is believed to have been developed after consultation with the SAS.
so these are being marketed to Russian oligarchs, then?

Old Posted Feb 9, 2007, 3:29 AM

Wonder what the property taxes for would be like..

Old Posted Feb 9, 2007, 3:30 AM
Glorfied Overrated Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidtownMile View Post
And a Starbucks in the foyer.

screw the foyer, its gonna be on the roof, with a patio because its sheilded from the weather.

i almost forgot to mention my $165 million London Flat is going to have to have a tube that connects directly both the the brewery on Granville Island in Vancouver and the Big Rock Brewery in Calgary to the bar i have set up in my living room...

Pinky: I think so, Brain, but this time, you put the trousers on the chimp.

Old Posted Feb 10, 2007, 9:21 AM
nogames2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroy Wen View Post
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...7/nhyde107.xml
Quote:
Clients for the flats, some of which have already sold off-plan, are expected to include Arab princes and Russian oligarchs.
That was a pretty good guess (or you cheated).

Old Posted Feb 10, 2007, 1:46 PM
Dryer lint inspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroy Wen View Post

Old Posted Feb 10, 2007, 6:28 PM
National Capital Region

wow, if the price figures are correct, that beats this for the world's most expensive home

Old Posted Feb 20, 2007, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderlandPark View Post
!! 165 million dollars !!!

And they are building 4 of them @ £84,000,000 !!

nice looking--they better be, photo: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...7/nhyde107.xml

Four flats overlooking Hyde Park are on sale for a rumoured £84 million each, the highest price ever asked for a British flat.

Artist's impression of the One Hyde Park development
Artist's impression of the One Hyde Park development: four blocks made of glass and red weathered steel

The flats are part of a development at One Hyde Park, designed by Richard Rogers Partnership. They will not be ready until 2010.

A tunnel will link the flats to the Mandarin Oriental hotel, which will provide a concierge service for the development, which contains 86 flats with prices starting at £4 million.

The complex will also have a spa, squash court and private wine-tasting facility. According to the One Hyde Park website, the scheme is "a new residential scheme whose beauty, luxury and prestige will place it in a class of its own".

For anyone interested in the progress of this development, you can check out these lese webcams: http://www.onehydeparkimages.net/.

Old Posted Feb 21, 2007, 6:28 PM

That price is ridiculously disgusting and disgustingly ridiculous. For that amount of money the entire building should be yours not just the '20 000 sqf penthouse'.

Old Posted Feb 24, 2007, 9:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanman View Post
That price is ridiculously disgusting and disgustingly ridiculous. For that amount of money the entire building should be yours not just the '20 000 sqf penthouse'.
Well that's capitalism for you.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2007, 2:08 AM
What we play is life.

I like its absurdity.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2007, 3:55 AM
Run with Love

dude... yea fuck that you could get anything you wanted for that type of money, and build it yourself. If turned to my wife (well Husband I guess because fuck women) and was like "You know hun, I think we should drop $165 million on a home. I think he would go "Kill yourself" But if I said "Darling I want to build us a home in central London it was be glorius" He would go "Great lets start designing it!"

Maybe its just me, but if I drop over say I dont know $10 million I want to having it JUST the way I want it from the ground up.
"Dazzled by the needles of light stitching the water, I turned to watch him watch them. I noticed his eyelashes were reflected in his eyes, like awning in windowpanes. As I tried to make sense of that reflection, I found I could not look away. His irises were brown, clouding into orange with brighter flecks around his pupils. Then it became as important not to look as to look, I feared I would be lost in rush of bronze motes."

Old Posted Feb 25, 2007, 10:50 AM
if I sang out of tune

land prices in London are the highest in the world too, labour costs also stratospheric (and slow), so building can go very awry. This little number below cost more than the new WTC in NYC will, Portcullis House opposite Big Ben for the MPs offices - over $1 billion. Alot went on bombproofing and underground levels, and of course, the staple of every hardworking politician feeding off our tax: utter luxury.

Old Posted Feb 25, 2007, 11:36 AM
Senior Committee

^ That cost also includes redeveloping the underground station.

They had to do some major works to intergrate the new Jubilee line into it.

Old Posted Feb 28, 2007, 10:29 PM
Submarine de Nucléar

As for the good news...

...which means you can be neighbors with them for cheap!

Old Posted Feb 28, 2007, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppet View Post
This little number below cost more than the new WTC in NYC will, Portcullis House opposite Big Ben for the MPs offices - over $1 billion. Alot went on bombproofing and underground levels, and of course, the staple of every hardworking politician feeding off our tax: utter luxury.
That is indeed expensive as hell, but your MP's are worth every penny!
I took photos of that building while in London in Dec, and wondered what the use was. Great location.

But just to clarify Freedom Tower will be much more expensive than this on a gross basis, as the PA now expect it to hit near $3.0 billion. Goldman Sachs' new headquarters across the way is over $2 billion. See http://www.nypost.com/seven/02052007...m_topousis.htm
Now on a per sq foot basis, no doubt the MP's place is way, way higher than FT.

Cheers!

This discussion thread continues

Use the page links to the lower-right to go to the next page for additional posts

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Discussion Forums > Buildings & Architecture