HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jul 19, 2019, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardTH View Post
Yeah, neither do the people who hang out inside Portage Place... Sure there are incidents in the bus shelters outside and the alley out back. But I've eaten lunch in that food court many times and I can't say I've ever seen anyone do anything wrong in there other than being poor and not white. The mall is depressing as hell and I'm ecstatic for it to be redeveloped but still, whenever that mall is discussed it is pretty shameful to see how terrified the average Winnipegger is of poor brown people.
Funny, I was just thinking of the number of times I have walked through that mall and never been accosted by anyone. I think the new ownership (provided the sale goes through as many of us hope) might have to really work to demonstrate the security of the area once revisions are done. I am certain there are a lot of people just waiting for the first sign of anything that smacks of criminal behaviour to denounce it as a "wretched hive of scum and villainy" (if that doesn't get me into copyright trouble).

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan