HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Aug 2, 2017, 4:21 PM

Manitoba Highways

I was just home in SW MB and have some observations regarding the provinces highways in that region.

To call some of them cow paths would be a discredit to cow paths. 5, 18, 23 are in terrible shape. Patch upon patch upon patch upon crumbling pavement is the norm and when there is a new patch it seems to take less than 2 or 3 days before that patch is crumbling again. These roads have been neglected for so long that only a major rebuild of the base will make them serviceable. I also went into ND a couple of times and their roads leading to and from the border are in great shape. Why is that? What could MB Highways dept learn from them?

Finally why are there still stop lights on the TCH in Manitoba? Could they not do one every 10 years or so and get it all done by 2100?
I guess I shouldn't bitch too much, Alberta still has one east of Calgary and a couple in Medicine Hat, SK should be light free by 2019 and BC still have a bunch in Kamloops and Golden.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Manitoba & Saskatchewan