HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Calgary Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Mar 11, 2014, 6:26 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Mountain View Post
Sears, Canadian Tire, and Walmart have had their DC's here for 10+ years, the fact they are out in the far reaches of the SE (Sears, Can Tire) (Walmart is in the NE not so far out) helps keep them under the radar for most people. They do seem to be continuing to expand though, I believe Sears was the first to hit 1M sqft (Walmart's expansion of the NE facility happened around the same time), now 1M sqft is the smallest one of these places typically are (interesting that this Home Depot facility will be about half that size). I'm curious when Amazon's facility will show up (I believe they operate out of the Vancouver area and Mississauga right now).
Almost all of the major retailers have Distribution centres here now. Seems like most of them used to just serve the prairies, while some of the new ones are serving all of western Canada and becoming much larger. City's logistical infrastructure has definitely improved a lot over the past decade. I think the high lease rates for industrial property's in greater Van also factors into the equation.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Alberta & British Columbia > Calgary > Calgary Issues, Business, Politics & the Economy