HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Old Posted Jan 23, 2024, 5:43 PM

Agree with so much of what's being said here.

I am surpised that there's not more kid friendly stuff in malls. Very gradually changing though. I've seen those stuffed animals you can ride on at Woodbine in Etobicoke and Burlington Mall. I rented two of them at the latter and it was $10 each for 12 minutes. And the lady wiped down the handle bars upon return and also just before you take it for a spin.

Like last year, Burlington Mall had the santa train driving around in a loop in one small section of the mall. Not sure if they've done it before that. Kids find these things very hard to resist.

I like that I live 5 minutes from Oakville Place. The mall is near full occupancy, has tonnes of natural light and does not attract the riff raff you would get at Eaton Centre, Square One, Yorkdale, etc. There just isn't enough desired stores for young people, so it works out for the older demographic and those with young kids. However, there isn't a tonne to do for kids other than coin op rides and sports car buggies to sit in. But that's like most malls.

The power centre at Burloak and QEW has had declining occupancy for years now. Moreso than the average GTA power centre. I can't really explain why other than it just might be excess retail. They now rent out units to tenants they never would have imagined renting to before. Like indoor golf simulator or the bins store where they have organized liquidation stuff but also random shit in bins where the pricing is different each day of the week. Wednesday for example is 3 for $5. That's the kind of store you find at some old industrial building that is just waiting to be bought out, demolished and redeveloped. There is also now gym for Burlington Gynmastics Club. Those usually would be found in a light industrial plaza, not at a big box plaza.

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada