HomeDiagramsDatabaseMapsForum About

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates

Old Posted Dec 14, 2020, 2:54 AM

Not sure who has leased the space in the 3 story building, but they are definitely finishing the upper 2 floors, so looks like a lot of the space up there has been taken.

Was also asking in the Esso what they are doing with the empty space in their store and the owner said he was opening his own shawarma shop. Not sure when, there was a building permit for$100,000 listed in Business London November edition, but they haven't started doing anything in there.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2020, 12:39 PM

Interesting that York was able to lease their office space in this building when across the street Sifton's 4 story office building which was built earlier is still vacant. Wonder what that says about the lease rates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeffery View Post
Not sure who has leased the space in the 3 story building, but they are definitely finishing the upper 2 floors, so looks like a lot of the space up there has been taken.

Was also asking in the Esso what they are doing with the empty space in their store and the owner said he was opening his own shawarma shop. Not sure when, there was a building permit for$100,000 listed in Business London November edition, but they haven't started doing anything in there.

Old Posted Jan 8, 2021, 4:32 PM

Signage for Millar Law has gone up on the 3 story office building. Not sure how much of the building they are leased. York Dev must have given them a much better deal then Sifton whose 4 story office building is still mostly empty.

Old Posted Jan 9, 2021, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammer139 View Post
Signage for Millar Law has gone up on the 3 story office building. Not sure how much of the building they are leased. York Dev must have given them a much better deal then Sifton whose 4 story office building is still mostly empty.
Interesting they moved there. I gave him a bit of grief on Twitter last year when he had a commercial playing about choosing a London law firm instead of those out of town law firms like Diamond and Diamond. His office was across the river at Kilworth, so I commented on the hypocrisy, since Diamond actually has an office in London.

I noticed the top floor was occupied a few weeks ago and was actually decorated for Christmas so I imagine that is their office. The second floor looks like it is still being worked on.

Old Posted Mar 14, 2021, 4:07 PM

A few other businesses have opened in the 3 story building now. Also a foundation is going in for another strip plaza on the west side of the entrance road to the east of Timmy's. Asked at Timmy's if they knew what was going in there and she said the landlord won't tell them yet, but that there is also a rumour of a new LCBO for that property. Nothing obvious on their website site plan for where an LCBO would go, but that's not to say the plans can't change for that either.

Old Posted May 15, 2021, 8:55 PM

Steel framing up on the new strip building beside Timmys.

Old Posted Dec 5, 2021, 5:20 PM

Construction is complete on the new strip beside Timmy's and just waiting to see what is going in there. Shelby's is one of them, adding to the several new locations they have added over the last couple years.

The Esso station is also adding a couple take out food counters inside their building. Ice Cream and a Mediterranean/Middle East type place. I don't think either are any type of chain, but an independent operation the owner of the station is going.

Old Posted Dec 14, 2021, 1:10 AM

We've commented a few times on this thread on the proposed Wendy's/Pioneer station on the northwest corner where the old Esso/Indy's used to be. Listening to planning committee tonight, and this project was discussed. Apparently the developer has revised the plans and removed the gas station in favour of a bit more retail on site.

Old Posted Feb 14, 2022, 11:43 PM

A couple more signs up on the new plaza beside Timmy's. Global Pet Food is on the south end. Beside that is a new location for The Green Window. I was curious about this the other day so I looked them up. They have a location downtown at Queens and Clarence and are primarily a salad shop. It is operated by the granddaughter of Mac Cuddy of Cuddy Foods fame. This new location is smaller than downtown and will be more of a takeout, rather than eat in location. Looking forward to giving them a try when they open.

Old Posted May 27, 2022, 1:39 PM

The new retail strip beside Timmy's is now fully leased out, although the last 2 business won't be open for a while. Fat Bastard Burrito has been open a few weeks beside Shelbys. The Green Window is now working hard on construction, not sure when they are planning to open, still says Spring on their Facebook page, but I'd say likely July.

King's Blades Barber Shop just opened last week, and I popped in yesterday for a cut. This is going to be an interesting place once fully operational as they are also adding a liquor license. The waiting area is like a little rec room with a leather couch and a big screen TV. I didn't get the impression they want this to be a neighbourhood pub or anything, and it's not a huge space, but I said "what the hell, the shoe store across the road has a license as well, so why not?" lol. Will be interesting to see what they make of it once everything is done.

The guy cutting my hair mentioned the last empty unit, is going to be "some kind of Ramen noodles place" but that was the extent of what he knew. No construction has started in there yet that I noticed, looked more like a work space for the Green Window next door.

Inside the Esso store, they have 2 food counters. One is ice cream, serving Kawartha dairy, and they have been open for the last week or so. The other food counter is opening next week and will be some type of Middle Eastern and Indian take out.

Edited to add further information that King's Blade is half-owned by well known local hair salon owner Naji Dalal, who had until recently Sami and Naji in White Oaks Mall, and also has his own salon in Wortley as well as The Cut Above in Masonville.

Last edited by Djeffery; May 27, 2022 at 5:17 PM.

Old Posted May 27, 2022, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djeffery View Post
The guy cutting my hair mentioned the last empty unit, is going to be "some kind of Ramen noodles place" but that was the extent of what he knew. No construction has started in there yet that I noticed, looked more like a work space for the Green Window next door.
When I plug in the address of this new building in the city's permit registry, 'Robowok Rice And Noodle Studio' comes up.

https://apps.london.ca/PropertyInquiryMVC#

Last edited by CanadianTalk; May 28, 2022 at 12:49 AM.

Old Posted Jan 24, 2024, 1:52 PM

York zoning amendment to add mixed use with two mid rise apartment buildings proposed for the south side of the property.

https://london.ca/sites/default/file...Street%20W.pdf

Planning justification report link

https://london.ca/sites/default/file...20-%20aoda.pdf

Old Posted Jan 24, 2024, 2:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jammer139 View Post
York zoning amendment to add mixed use with two mid rise apartment buildings proposed for the south side of the property.

https://london.ca/sites/default/file...Street%20W.pdf

Planning justification report link

https://london.ca/sites/default/file...20-%20aoda.pdf

This proposal seemed very familiar to me lol, so I went searching on this forum and found a thread made a couple years ago for this ...

https://skyscraperpage.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=250399

End

Go Back   SkyscraperPage Forum > Regional Sections > Canada > Ontario > London > Projects & Construction Updates